Wilson....yet again.

flyercanuck

It's time for the NHL to give this head hunter a long sit down. Take a look at this brutal headshot against the Bruins Brandon Carlo. He was taken to the hospital. Wilson didn't even get a penalty. Nice of Vrana to crosscheck him... twice, as he's going down. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

The NHL has proved time and again that they don't really care too much about what he does.  He put down Mark Jankowski of the Pens with a late center ice hit last week, at least he got a two minute penalty for that. Jankowski got four games off with the dreaded "Upper Body Injury". 

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's time for the NHL to give this head hunter a long sit down. Take a look at this brutal headshot against the Bruins Brandon Carlo. He was taken to the hospital. Wilson didn't even get a penalty. Nice of Vrana to crosscheck him... twice, as he's going down. 

The worst part if what I read was right is it they didn't even call a penalty on this.

What a travesty this has become.

But they didn't call a late hit on the Pens and Phil Myers might even play today.

How does the NHL let certain teams and players get away with this ****?

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

The worst part if what I read was right is it they didn't even call a penalty on this.

What a travesty this has become.

But they didn't call a late hit on the Pens and Phil Myers might even play today.

How does the NHL let certain teams and players get away with this ****?

Excellent question...I have no answer. Sometimes it's because the guy is a star player (we saw Malkin get away with plenty before they finally did something). Wilsons a good player when he's not being a jerk, but he's no superstar. 

• Like 1

Just now, flyercanuck said:

Excellent question...I have no answer. Sometimes it's because the guy is a star player (we saw Malkin get away with plenty before they finally did something). Wilsons a good player when he's not being a jerk, but he's no superstar. 

And then guys like Farabee get 3 games for a first time offense like this....

He should be suspended for a bunch of games (5 or 6) after that. For as talented a player as he can be, Wilson has no discipline. I think that, if he weren't a 20 goal scorer, he would be given 10 games. That (whether he is a scorer) shouldn't be the standard, but it is, and I think that is why he might be getting away with it in terms of not getting as many games. Knowing what we do about concussions and headshots like that, in science and society today, he needs to be fined heavily, too. I've seen worse, but that was no doubt a dirty hit by Wilson.

• Good Post 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And then guys like Farabee get 3 games for a first time offense like this....

2 minutes for interference (since he didn't have the puck).  No fine. No suspension.

#WoWTheJudge

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Edited 6 hours ago by flyercanuck

5 minutes for boarding + game misconduct.

No fine. No suspension.

#WowTheJudge

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And then not even a penalty on this late hit

And Myers might not play today.

Total bullsh it!

2 minutes for interference.

No fine. No suspension.

#WowTheJudge

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

A Raffi Torres style hit, like the one on Jacob Silfverberg seen here. https://www.nhl.com/video/raffi-torres-suspended-41-gms/t-277350912/c-40403403  Then, at that point, Wilson is done for the year.

See I don't think it should be about the type of hit but more about being a repeat repeat and then repeat offender.

• Like 1

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/capitals-tom-wilson-hearing-hit-bruins-brandon-carlo-hospital

Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson was offered an in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety over a nasty hit on Boston Bruins Brandon Carlo that sent the young defenseman to the hospital Friday night. 

The league said Saturday that Wilson will have a hearing at a later date which he will be able to attend via Zoom regarding the hit on Carlo -- an indication that a serious suspension is being considered. 

This "usually" indicates that a suspension of some type should be coming ......

31 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/capitals-tom-wilson-hearing-hit-bruins-brandon-carlo-hospital

Washington Capitals forward Tom Wilson was offered an in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety over a nasty hit on Boston Bruins Brandon Carlo that sent the young defenseman to the hospital Friday night. 

The league said Saturday that Wilson will have a hearing at a later date which he will be able to attend via Zoom regarding the hit on Carlo -- an indication that a serious suspension is being considered. 

This "usually" indicates that a suspension of some type should be coming ......

But why do we have to wait if it is a damn zoom meeting?

The Caps are off today.

He should be suspended before he is let play tomorrow vs Flyers.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2

Yeah, he's certainly terrified by the zoom meeting to come. For what? 2 games, maybe 3...

It's in his DNA. No matter if it's a 1-game, 20-game, 500000000-game suspension, he'll do that again. Is it possible to fire a player? If you can fire a coach, I bet it's possible to terminate a player's contract. Time for the Caps to take their responsibilities, now it's on them to send a clear signal by sending him in a radioactive dump as deep as they can, and then cover it by millions of tons of salt, just to be sure. Of course they won't do it, and if they do, another team will jump like damned vultures to get his se(r)vices.

I'd exhumate and clone Probert 10 times, just to give him his own medicine. At this point I don't see another solution.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Math said:

I'd exhumate and clone Probert 10 times, just to give him his own medicine.

I can think of a dozen tough guys in NHL history who I would love to see pound Wilson to the ice ......

Tie Domi

Georges Laraque

Dave 'Tiger' Williams

Joe Kocur

Stu Grimson

Marty McSorley

Donald Brashear

Gino Odjick

Basil McRae

Rob Ray

Tony Twist

Dave Brown

Most on this list span the 80's and 90's....

The NHL needs to remove the Instigator Rule and the players policy themselves again.  I understand the NHL does not want donnybrooks of yesteryear but this crap like Wilson pulls needs to stop .....

• Like 3

@pilldoc

"GRIMSON SUUUUUUUUUCKS !!!" thanks for the memories :lol:

I'll add Churla and the Boogeyman Boogaard to that list. And probably give a shot with Derian Hatcher: he was not a true fighter but could be a real b*tch back at the time.

And I'm obliged to go with the great Enrico Ciccone, who's now a deputy in the Quebec government. 

• Like 1

SEVEN GAMES?!?!

Ooooooh, that'll teach him.

Farabee got 3 for a first offence on a hit not as bad. Wilson has done this, what....20 times? 30? 

Should have got 27, not 7.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 3

"Mr. Wilson, that was your fifth sanction since 2017, having successively received 2, 4, 3 and 14 (originally 20)-game suspensions. What are your thoughts on that ?"

I really wish one journalist comes to this question the next Wilson pre-game or post-game presser. 

I still think he can be useful. For science I mean. Being a study subject on both psychology and medicine fields. Just to try to understand what's going on in his brain.

• Like 1