Sellers / Trade them all away

It may go on longer....

Want Chuck Fletcher to make a move Now?

Well, it's worth knowing his NHL trade deadline moves (trades in the month leading up to the deadline) on avg have come just 4.1 days before the deadline itself.

This topic brings up good points.

Ultimately,  moving Giroux would be the best move, IMO. But given his continued climb up the Flyer records ladder, and the history of team loyalty, I dont see it. However, if you go into "seller" mode, find a PO bound team with a legit chance, and convince him to do it, it would be the move that would turn the franchise upside down

I would do the same with Jake or JVR, then revamp the expansion draft list

Coots, Farabee, Provy and Hayes would be my keepers

Its time!

I hope that after this last stretch of bad games, the organization takes steps to completely rebuild. There are a few players to build around, but the rest of the pieces just dont fit.  I dont know if its age, coaching, attitude or a combo, buts its as bad as I've seen 

Ultimately,  moving Giroux would be the best move, IMO. But given his continued climb up the Flyer records ladder, and the history of team loyalty, I dont see it. However, if you go into "seller" mode, find a PO bound team with a legit chance, and convince him to do it, it would be the move that would turn the franchise upside down

I would do the same with Jake or JVR, then revamp the expansion draft list

12 minutes ago, CoachX said:

This topic brings up good points.

Ultimately,  moving Giroux would be the best move, IMO. But given his continued climb up the Flyer records ladder, and the history of team loyalty, I dont see it. However, if you go into "seller" mode, find a PO bound team with a legit chance, and convince him to do it, it would be the move that would turn the franchise upside down

I would do the same with Jake or JVR, then revamp the expansion draft list

If I can only move one contract it would be Jake I just can't stand him and his constant turnovers.

So I would trade for a 17th round pick just to be free of seeing him in orange and black again.

And please for anyone responding to this please for the love of gawd do not bring up any stats he may have padded in his time here.

IDGAF I want him gone.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

If I can only move one contract it would be Jake I just can't stand him and his constant turnovers.

So I would trade for a 17th round pick just to be free of seeing him in orange and black again.

And please for anyone responding to this please for the love of gawd do not bring up any stats he may have padded in his time here.

IDGAF I want him gone.

THIS POST TIMES A MILLION!!!! ⬆️

Preach Amy Poehler GIF by Sisters

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Its time!

I hope that after this last stretch of bad games, the organization takes steps to completely rebuild. There are a few players to build around, but the rest of the pieces just dont fit.  I dont know if its age, coaching, attitude or a combo, buts its as bad as I've seen 

Ultimately,  moving Giroux would be the best move, IMO. But given his continued climb up the Flyer records ladder, and the history of team loyalty, I dont see it. However, if you go into "seller" mode, find a PO bound team with a legit chance, and convince him to do it, it would be the move that would turn the franchise upside down

Charlie O'Connor tweeted the other Chuckles doesn't make a move usually till about 4 days before the deadline.

So by that calculation it will be around April 8th.

And by then he will probably trade for a version of some old over the hill player from Minnesota as some would say which will do absolutely nothing to help them.

I would love to make an aggressive move for Ekholm but with this front office's flawed way of over valuing of their own players and prospects I can't say I'm optimistic they will get him.

He will go to Boston or a Winnipeg or somewhere else that needs him and aren't afraid to move assets to get actual help.

I want Ekholm too.  But at this point Id like to see a complete rebuild. Not a lets get one guy and keep rolling. This group is totally out of sync. The are getting worse, not better.  There is a reason.  I think its a culture problem

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Question regarding my take, in the flat cap situation, is it possible to do a complete rebuild

Not really because most of the teams with the cap space need more likely to rebuild themselves or are in the midst of one.

But you can move players and their contract if you do your homework and know how to truly evaluate other teams players as well as your own.

I don't think the Flyers can do that.

Look no further than Gus and Prosser on the bottom pair and Ghost and Morin not playing.

With Gus and Prosser they might as well have you and I.

But it may take me all day to get there but when I arrive to throw a check it will be lethal but legal...so look out...

38 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

But it may take me all day to get there but when I arrive to throw a check it will be lethal but legal...so look out...

Im all about 3rd man in and instigator 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

Question regarding my take, in the flat cap situation, is it possible to do a complete rebuild

I dont totally get how it works

problem with doing a complete rebuild, you really have to get lucky in the draft when it comes to the classes and the lottery, this year is not very good for it, the other way of doing it is accumulate assets and use them to trade them for a proven young stud which we do, plus fletch can fill the holes similar to how homer did it in 2007.

if he does that, i think we will be fine.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

And by then he will probably trade for a version of some old over the hill player from Minnesota as some would say which will do absolutely nothing to help them.

Any takers for Suter and Parise 🥴 For ... like nothing? Actually scratch that, we could pay Fletcher for you to take them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Annoyed 1

Just now, lynxrattle said:

Any takers for Suter and Parise 🥴 For ... like nothing? Actually scratch that, we could pay Fletcher for you to take them.

Uh no we have garbage we are trying to peddle ourselves.

No more passengers here.

Try Ottawa.

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

Its time!

Agree it's time to ask Giroux to wave his NT clause and ship him to a legitimate contender, Coots is ready to lead this team.

Not sure any team would want Jake but maybe we could get 10 used pucks and a roll of tape for him.

I have a feeling JVR is Seattle bound. I still think the bases of a good team are here, They are young and have only had Hakstol and AV as coaches. incase you haven't noticed I am far from an AV fan. but the question is will Fletcher have the balls to do anything? I think he won't, he well give it another year. Wrong decision IMO.

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

Its time!

Laughton's replacement...

2 hours ago, Fizz said:

Agree it's time to ask Giroux to wave his NT clause and ship him to a legitimate contender, Coots is ready to lead this team.

Not sure any team would want Jake but maybe we could get 10 used pucks and a roll of tape for him.

I have a feeling JVR is Seattle bound. I still think the bases of a good team are here, They are young and have only had Hakstol and AV as coaches. incase you haven't noticed I am far from an AV fan. but the question is will Fletcher have the balls to do anything? I think he won't, he well give it another year. Wrong decision IMO.

I agree there is a good foundation. They need to make the crucial decision to go down a road they refuse to accept is there. Its time to rebuild.  In order to get you have to give.  This might cost a player/prospect or two that might cause some heartburn 

6 hours ago, CoachX said:

Laughton's replacement? Hell, you know I'll drink to that...ALOT

Laczynski can play center or LW.

Same as Laughton who needs a new deal.

Allison can play RW I have him taking Jake's spot.

#fingerscrossed

:ToastingSmiley:

6 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I hope he gets one, somewhere else!

Depends how they finish up at the deadline.

Chuckles could move him for assets and then try and resign him this offseason.

Ya never know.

3 hours ago, FD19372 said:

That Bernie could be anyone of the three..of Scott, Holmgren or Fletcher.

Can we just all agree that Scott doesn't exist and we never have to see or hear about him ever again?

Please?

I've never seen someone so happy with themselves for presiding over the worst stretch of hockey in organizational history.

Also, too, why is Holmgren still there? What sort of message does it send the team that monumental failure get rewarded?

And then there's ol' Fletch. What can I say that "Suter and Parise" can't? And, yes, I know that was on Leipold, but you can't tell me that the guy who will bring in anyone as long as they were born in Minnesota didn't approve of it when it happened...

Here we have actual footage of Scott, Holmgren, and Fletcher coming down to tell the fanbase this will all work out.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1