Game 44: Capitals at Flyers; 4/17/21 @ 12:30, NBCSP

Howie58

i dont understand why are some fans are so afraid to move on from this core?  i mean they are not young, we are not winning, we are getting worse every year like why hold on to something that's impossible to win with? if they do this and play more young players and dont pan out, we are going to become the redwings, sabres, oilers of bad because we have nothing to build from. i really dont care if they move on from alot of players, it's more cap for us to spend and to improve the team.

that's why this offseason is so important because we have assets to bring in proven talent to build a new core from, we cant rely on the draft because the lottery is rigged, you can get a bad prospect year after year. rangers got lucky, i dont think we have that luck, we have to create our own luck by trading for it.

11 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

this one is on the Selke Trophy winner.

A lot of "business decisions " made on that play.

Disappointed to see that from 14.

Can we just take all the Ls for the rest of the season?

Sheesh

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Good for him. Now let's find him a better partner than the pylon known as Braun. He sucks.

Absolutely. I hope and expect Provorov will be the Flyers' #1 D-man for years, and actually play like he's the #1 instead of where is now...kinda sorta almost maybe not quite there yet. He's only 24 so I am not criticizing him in the least. He is a tough, smart puck-moving D-man who imho only needs to add some FU to his game especially defending his net.

Where are you at with Provorov?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Where are you at with Provorov?

This hasn't been such a great year for him.

I was expecting him to take the next step as a shut down defender and well with Niskanen retiring and his partner being a revolving door pretty much all year and when it wasn't it was Braun well that is very sad use of assets.

One of this biggest priority this offseason must be to find him a steady right hand shot for this top pair.

Ivan needs a better partner so they can get back to shut down the other team's best.

And they are not even close this year. But i have faith he can get his game back on that path with the right partner.

Chuckles better have a plan to revive the team's #1 defenseman.

There is a lot of work needed to be done to this whole roster. Luckily there is a lot of assets to be able to do what is needed....from players to prospects to draft picks.

So first they need to identify WHO the guys are they want and need.

And then GO GET THEM. Do what it takes to get the missing pieces.

And yes it may be costly but i do not want another year like this again.

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And then GO GET THEM. Do what it takes to get the missing pieces.

You're not wrong about this, except the missing pieces includes not only a major upgrade on defense, but also about two full top lines. That's a lot to try and pick up in just an off season.

40 minutes ago, elmatus said:

You're not wrong about this, except the missing pieces includes not only a major upgrade on defense, but also about two full top lines. That's a lot to try and pick up in just an off season.

It doesn’t have to be done in one season.

In fact it will be impossible to do but it needs to happen this offseason.

They need to hit some home runs.

No infield singles need apply.

A start towards a solid playoff roster needs to be the focal point.

Remove as much dead weight as possible will go a long way towards this.

This even includes picking up salary on some of these stiffs.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Also I meant to include this in above post.

The Eagles and their 2017 Super bowl is a good example in two years they turned it around with a franchise QB in the draft and then supplemented with solid free agent pick up.

Sure it fell apart due to internal turmoil but the fact they turned it around quickly shows with the right plan and a little luck it can be done.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Also I meant to include this in above post.

The Eagles and their 2017 Super bowl is a good example in two years they turned it around with a franchise QB in the draft and then supplemented with solid free agent pick up.

Sure it fell apart due to internal turmoil but the fact they turned it around quickly shows with the right plan and a little luck it can be done.

and you know something im glad howie did that because we would never won that super bowl.

for this to work with the flyers, the players they have to target for this work and im just throwing names out there is ovi, saad, krejci,  hamilton, bonino,  martinez, gudbranson, perry, coleman, paquette, bozak, brassard, frolik, rask they all won cups that's how the eagles won it this way, most of them won sbs accept alshon.  i mean that's the pipe dream but if fletch somehow gets rid of every big contract and work these players within the cap, they would a cup contender no doubt.

im sure he's going to target some of these players, he wants cup experience on this roster that's why he added nisky.

Edited by tucson83