Playoff Preview, Game #6: Minnesota Wild vs Vegas Golden Knights, Wednesday 5-26-21, 8:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

Listening to Evason in the post-game, I have to root for this guy.  He has the right disposition for this team at this time.  He is even keel - not too high or too low, and expects work from ALL of his players.  Not much more that you can ask for from a 'workman-like coach for a workman-like team.'  We should NOT have the talent (yet) to consistently beat teams as loaded with high picks (and players) like Vegas and the Avs.  So, I look the results from DE; he has earned more years with this team (particularly as some of the chafe is exchanged for really skilled players)  Just my $.02

14 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

This guy is already a budding Superstar; which we have NEVER really had.  By mid next year, and with more help, he is going to be a MONSTER on the score sheet.  His skill, drive and grit are an extremely rare combination - and he is a WINNER AT EVERY LEVEL.  I would only trade him for McD at this point - I am NOT joking. 

I agree. BUT I even will not trade him for McDavid. Edmonton lost their first round series 0:4 by having McD, but we tied so far 3:3 in that round by having Kaprizov. In addition to Kaprizov I would be happy to have McDavid in our team but not instead. Then our chances to get a Cup will raise more. 😎

50 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

This is our most resilient team in almost two decades.  No matter what happens in Game 7, this team has proven they are a TEAM in taking the last two (in spite of less talent)

Agree, no matter what happens in game#7, just for this particular game#6 I would call our entire team as a Wild Machine because of their outstanding play and because they were able to equalize the series 3:3 . Hope they will continue this way.

Our crowd was so crazy tonight, which I do not remember for a long period of time.

7 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Here's a Wes Waltz question from 'Gorgie' to Bjug between periods in our 0-0 defensive slugfest: "Its looking good tonight, how have you found your offense in this game?"  Where do we get these imbeciles that provide color and interviews during Wild games - did they ALL ride the short bus?

Walz has a nice quip on Dumba, said he never saw him skate ⛸️ backward so fast as when Martinez chased him!

• Haha 2

It's looking good. And in this game even players who have been struggling, like Dumba with VGK's forecheck played better. Parise with that billiard pass, and Dumba threw that open ice hit on Tuch and woke the crowd and himself up, followed by a good enough fight. Keep hitting Dumba! That'll make Tuch and Stone a bit more careful, and wouldn't be great to have Dumba make a good open ice hit on MacKinnon in game one against the Avs :hocky:

Three straight seasons the Golden Knights have had a 3-1 lead and had a game 7 forced. There have been 29 3-1 comebacks in NHL history The Wild are looking to make that number 30, and in doing so would own three (10%) of those. Golden Knights coach Peter DeBoer is undefeated in game 7s (5-0). 

1 hour ago, Jimtown guy said:

Three straight seasons the Golden Knights have had a 3-1 lead and had a game 7 forced. There have been 29 3-1 comebacks in NHL history The Wild are looking to make that number 30, and in doing so would own three (10%) of those. Golden Knights coach Peter DeBoer is undefeated in game 7s (5-0). 

I think we have a chance to beat them and to improve our records too. We had 3 playoffs #7 games in our history (2 in 2003 and 1 in 2014) and were able to win all 3.  Hope our Wild Machine will do it in the 4th time.

4 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Something has to break then. Hopefully DeBoer's record. :P
We have 2 things in our favor, We've never lost a game 7 and VGK has never closed out a series AT home. ( I believe)

Edited by ClusterChuck