Playoff Preview, Game 7: Minnesota Wild @ Vegas Golden Knights, Friday 5-28-21, 8:00pm, T-Mobile Arena

Knights just made it official with that EN goal.

Well, at least the Wild did have a hell of a season.
They did a lot more than I thought they would.

I didn't even have them making the playoffs at worst, bubble team fighting with Arizona for the 4th spot at best.

Some guys on the team wishing the Wild could unload somehow, others, glad with their progress and looking forward to what else they can do in seasons to come.

Minnesota mailed NOTHING in, simply played the hand they were dealt, and were just bested in a 7-game set by a more Cup ready team.
Simple as that.

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

We made it very tough for 6 1/2 games.

I did not expect 7 games. I did not expect them in the playoffs. I did not expect Kaprizov to be this good this quick. Did not expect Talbot to be the goalie he was on the most part. I do expect them to be better next season. It was a fun season for sure 

Edited by Jimtown guy
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 2

3 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

That's a bloodied, bruised, broken boned, rib hurt bunch of players on the bench.

And that was just one series. Not sure what would of been left on the bone had they gotten past Vegas 

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

And that was just one series. Not sure what would of been left on the bone had they gotten past Vegas 

Well maybe if the officials had done their damn jobs…

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

I was thinking that too. The game is so fast now that if the refs don't make the calls, we need two teams for the playoffs. The first one to take key players out and the second to score the goals after the injury game is won. The NHL better sort this muck up by next playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Almost better to finish this way than be beaten in 4-5 by the AV's...But then again, Anything could happen. :P 

Well, Gents.jpg.7ae9e0199f69185113c088b3710b14a3.jpg its been a surprisingly competitive year.  Our star has arrived, and we just need some more.  We also need to shuffle this roster and get rid of the As of 11 and 20 (if not the players themselves).  Pass the fricken torch.  A new generation is upon this team.  If you'll allow me a finale, a few remaining points:828294530_Depressionsetinstripes.jpg.8e0698c53083570b244f178afee7cc07.jpg And

1779705167_GodIadmireyou.jpg.4839248cb0debcdda002d717fbd05212.jpg And, finally, 515845589_solonggayboys.jpg.1f45e24b4f395f194d0041546e226cd0.jpg

Biggus Dickus.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

I did not expect 7 games. I did not expect them in the playoffs. I did not expect Kaprizov to be this good this quick. Did not expect Talbot to be the goalie he was on the most part. I do expect them to be better next season. It was a fun season for sure 

That just proves the moves made for the most part by Guerin worked. Throw in a little chemistry/magic and it was a helluva season for sure.
Looking forward for once what's to come this summer with everything going on.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Almost better to finish this way than be beaten in 4-5 by the AV's...But then again, Anything could happen. :P 

I would prefer to be beaten in 4 games by Avs at 2nd round, but to win at least 1st round in 7 games against Vegas.

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

I would prefer to be beaten in 4 games by Avs at 2nd round, but to win at least 1st round in 7 games against Vegas.

That would be too similar (for me) to the Ducks series after those 3-1 comebacks way back when.

5 Things We Learned About the Wild in Series Loss to Vegas

Losing Brodin was too much to overcome, it wore out the defense corps and we had a helluva time getting through the neutral zone all night.  Give the team credit for battling, but they just didn't have enough firepower to make it happen.  I wrote up my thoughts on the series.  Also, thanks to everyone who has read the game previews and post-gamers this season.  This season was a heckuva grind, but you certainly kept this place pretty damn active.  I also have an Iowa Wild season wrap up too.  Check it out!  

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Hopefully Brodin going out isn't anything serious.
Also, What a great experience for Addison to get a big taste of this level.

Brodin was a huge loss for this game. Hopefully he will completely be recovered. Vegas team is presenting very physical aggressive way and , no questions, played better than our team  in 5 games out of 7. We played extremely well game#1 and game#6. The other games were better for Vegas because most of the time Vegas dominated above us and badly outshooting us too. Probably, these playoffs series will be well analyzed by the Wild organization.

Nice that Addison get a bit of playoffs taste- smart defenseman. Sadly, Boldy had nothing to taste out of 3-4 last games of the regular season(when we knew already that we reached playoffs spot) just to see his potential and to taste at least 2 games out of 7 playoffs games. We need permanently to look for smart talented offensive players. Why did we use this season Johnson, Mermis; Rau instead of  Boldy; Dewar; Giroux; Sokolov;Beckman? Hope, next year we will be able to see them as well as other prospects Rossi; Khovanov; Nesterenko; Khusnutdinov; Firstov; Lodnia.  Among goaltenders, sadly Kahkonen did not taste at least 1 game out of 2 playoffs seasons in a row (0 out of 12 games). Talbot was good but not good enough in his consistency during a regular season especially against top teams and during the playoffs.  During that game he should stop 4 out of 5 goals when he was in the net, which is a lot. 6th goal was an empty netter.  Practically he played well game #1(SO in OT);#5(score was 3:2 when he was able to hold it) and #6 (SO). Unfortunately, but these were  tactical mistakes by Evason.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

That would be too similar (for me) to the Ducks series after those 3-1 comebacks way back when.

Still for me better to see 3 rounds (total 18 games) which happened once in 20 years than to see  usually just 5 games of the 1st round.😉

8 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Hopefully Brodin going out isn't anything serious.
Also, What a great experience for Addison to get a big taste of this level.

Suter was absolutely gassed in the third but gave all he had....🏅Losing Brodin is really losing best player on the ice...

• Like 3