Ristolainen to Flyers

58 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He can hammer guys entering the zone, and he can score.  He has a good offensive presence.  Not his fault Hutton Sucks

The stats simply don't agree about the offense. Seriously. And the eye test doesn't support it, either.

And his advance stats are bad even accounting for the utterly crap team he was on.

He's a right handed Robert Hagg.

With a lobotomy.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The stats simply don't agree about the offense. Seriously. And the eye test doesn't support it, either.

And his advance stats are bad even accounting for the utterly crap team he was on.

He's a right handed Robert Hagg.

With a lobotomy.

Corsi stats for career (cf%)

Risto 46.0

Ghost 57.9

Hagg 42.3

LMAO!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

or play fantasy hockey

and that is the rub ....I have learned more about players over the past 10 years that I have been playing FHL than I have over the previous 30.  The casual fan simply does not pick up on those nuances.  I know many rebuff FHL, but you seriously DO learn a lot by competing in a serious league such as NAHANA.

....BUUUUUT you can't argue with the idiots on FB or twitter or even prove your point with qualified statistics.  They just refuse to listen or for some... they have a serious lack of reading comprehension.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

and just to drive home the point even further ...Dahlen is twice the player as Risto for less years AND his corsi stats prove he is a tremendous defensemen DESPITE being on a bad Sabres team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

FB or twitter or even prove your point with qualified statistics.  They just refuse to listen or for some... they have a serious lack of reading comprehension.

🤯

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Lol.  I don’t agree

Did you read my post at all?

image.png.728025ab497afd308564dc4be7963cfa.png

Top row = player impact for offense.  RED = GOOD / BLUE = BAD For Risto I see more Blue than Red.

Bottom row = player impact on defense.  BLUE = GOOD / RED = BAD For Risto I see more RED than Blue.

You can disagree all you want ......BUT the Statistics state otherwise ..... I really cannot make that any more simpler....

I totally agree with @ruxpin ... be happy your GM fleeced the hell out of our GM.  Don't try to pretend to tell Flyer fans that with the Flyers acquiring Risto that we are going to be world beaters and we should be ecstatic about it.  Fact is, RIsto is a defensive liability.  Period. End of Story.

Just sit back and enjoy the 1st round draft pick (#14 overall) your GM fleeced from us.......

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Sitting here in WNY listening to all the media outlets, Sabres fans and my friends and neighbors going on and on about how The Sabres raped and sodomized Fletcher and the Flyers today. 🤬

Taking that champagne I had on standby for the Jake trade and just chugging it tonight. 

UGH!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Sitting here in WNY listening to all the media outlets, Sabres fans and my friends and neighbors going on and on about how The Sabres raped and sodomized Fletcher and the Flyers today. 🤬

Taking that champagne I had on standby for the Jake trade and just chugging it tonight. 

UGH!

sadly they are not wrong ....... (sigh)

maybe in 10 years the Flyers might "actually" be competitive again..... (sigh)

Thanks a lot Homer / Fletcher / Hexy / and the rest of the good ol' boys club.  Your shortsightedness has destroyed this team for years to come......  Screw all of you! :rage::rage:

• Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Thanks a lot Homer / Fletcher / Hexy / and the rest of the good ol' boys club.  Your shortsightedness has destroyed this team for years to come......  Screw all of you! :rage::rage:

I'll always be a Flyers fan at heart, but I'm going to just root for the Avs for awhile until Roto Rooter comes in and flushes all the crap out of the Flyers organization. I'm tired of rinse, repeat.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

There is a serious problem when educated fans know more than the guys being paid millions to make key decisions!! Just signing Montour or Savard could have avoided this whole mess. No attention paid at all to advanced stats? Who are the pro scouts saying this is a good move...I WANT NAMES!! DID CHUCK GO ROGUE???

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I'll always be a Flyers fan at heart, but I'm going to just root for the Avs for awhile until Roto Rooter comes in and flushes all the crap out of the Flyers organization. I'm tired of rinse, repeat.

I will just accept the fact we are flawed AND A HOT STEAMING PILE OF ****!! NO CUP FOR ANOTHER 5 + years!! 

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

I will just accept the fact we are flawed AND A HOT STEAMING PILE OF ****!! NO CUP FOR ANOTHER 5 + years!! 

They won't get a dime for Flyers anything from me, for 5+ years, at the rate things are going.

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

I'll always be a Flyers fan at heart

I have been bleeding O&B since ~1980.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

I'm going to just root for the Avs for awhile until Roto Rooter comes in and flushes all the crap out of the Flyers organization

I don't know if I have a 2nd team .... Avs? Oilers? (cause I have Drasaitl in NAHANA), TB is fun to watch (but then I'd be considered a bandwagoner) ..maybe I will find a good Junior Hockey team to watch until the stench from this team is gone ..... I dunno.

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I'm tired of rinse, repeat.

I agree ....we have been in this **** cycle for 10+ years now ..... it gets to exhausting to be emotionally invested at this point.  Might just tell the wife it is ok to cancel NHL Center Ice for now ....

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Btw, for all of you who think Bob Clarke's fingerprints aren't still all over this team, you needn't look any further than Chuck Fletcher and Paul Holmgren.

I was against the the Fletcher signing from Day #1 ...... we all knew this was not going to end well ......

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I was against the the Fletcher signing from Day #1 ...... we all knew this was not going to end well ......

Crazy huh?? Tigers don't change their stripes?? Who knew??

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I don't know if I have a 2nd team .... Avs? Oilers? (cause I have Drasaitl in NAHANA), TB is fun to watch (but then I'd be considered a bandwagoner) ..maybe I will find a good Junior Hockey team to watch until the stench from this team is gone ..... I dunno.

Yep, Tampa is my third favorite. I liked the Kings in their not so long ago glory days..but yeah, I can't like the Bolts as my second favorite for the whole "bandwagon" thing.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, radoran said:

SUOMI! 🇫🇮

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

That said, I'm not entirely sold on Hagg, Ghost, a 1st, 2 2nds, and a 7th for pending UFA Ristolainen.

Does add some size and maybe some "grit" and can QB your 2PP, but that just seems like a lot.

More shoes dropping, please.

I wanted a Finn for the team but...

[IMG]

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Did you read my post at all?

image.png.728025ab497afd308564dc4be7963cfa.png

Top row = player impact for offense.  RED = GOOD / BLUE = BAD For Risto I see more Blue than Red.

Bottom row = player impact on defense.  BLUE = GOOD / RED = BAD For Risto I see more RED than Blue.

all you want ......BUT the Statistics state otherwise ..... I really cannot make that any more simpler....

I totally agree with @ruxpin ... be happy your GM fleeced the hell out of our GM.  Don't try to pretend to tell Flyer fans that with the Flyers acquiring Risto that we are going to be world beaters and we should be ecstatic about it.  Fact is, RIsto is a defensive liability.  Period. End of Story.

Just sit back and enjoy the 1st round draft pick (#14 overall) your GM fleeced from us.......

Stats do not always tell the whole story. Consider he had a bum in goal.  He does a ton of great things out there.  He did not have a goalie. 

4 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Stats do not always tell the whole story. Consider he had a bum in goal.  He does a ton of great things out there.  He did not have a goalie. 

Since when does a goalie make a d-man look great ????

If anything ...did you every consider the fact that Hutton sucked because he had no decent D-man in front of him????

Hmm inquiring minds want to know ...........