Yandle signs with Flyers

Samifan

4 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Yep! Let’s see if Chuck has one more ace up his sleeve for backup goalie…..

My guess is it's Holtby. Trains with Hart in the off season. Being bought out by Vancouver today.  I hope it's Bernier though. I see Martin Jones is being bought out today as well. Kind of interesting if he can find his old form.

2 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

My guess is it's Holtby. Trains with Hart in the off season. Being bought out by Vancouver today.  I hope it's Bernier though. I see Martin Jones is being bought out today as well. Kind of interesting if he can find his old form.

I am hoping for Bernier or Reimer. No interest in Jones. Forgot Holtby trains with Hart.

17 minutes ago, albertaflyer said:

Tough to call on Goalies, but my initial reaction is Holtby in Philly would not go well. Bernier looked solid with the Wings who basically had an AHL defense last year. Bernier or Riemer for me. I expect Vegas to go after Jones or Holtby after dealing Fleury. Vegas allows the least shots in the league, so perfect spot for a struggling vet trying to recapture his old form. 

47 minutes ago, CoachX said:

WTF?

OC? I need insight 

There went York's spot surely they wouldn't break Yandle's Ironman streak of 966 games...right...

...or Sanheim he isn't under contract.

I heard whispers of this.

And we'll he played for AV.

And here we are for what he is not a bad signing. Oh I can't wait to read the bitching about this one...

:PopcornSmiley2:

Atkinson and now Yandle Hayes is assembling his buddies is going throw a coup for Giroux's C!!!

And here we thought no one wanted to play in Philly.

Little late, but can confirm that the Flyers are indeed signing Keith Yandle to a one-year, $900,000 contract with a no-trade clause.

My understanding is that Yandle had larger offers elsewhere but wanted to play in Philly.

4 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

I'll admit i don't know much about the make up of the flyers d-corp, but would you rather have Ghost or Yandle, both seem about same/same to me....

They are going after Yandle because he is besties with Hayes, knows AV's system and will provide leadership for the team.

And Ghost wasn't getting a chance here so might as well move him.

But I like Ghost I thought he showed more effort when it come to defense than Travis Stickcheck Sanheim.

But now the Flyers get a chance to bench Yandle and end his Ironman streak.

:NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

i like to like this signing. 1 year—no problem. York can spend a year developing and acclimating at pp1 with the Phantoms and we'll see how that goes.

Yeah and I'm thinking he will be playing on the 3rd pair with Braun so only about 12-15 minutes a night.

It is crazy free agency doesn't start till tomorrow and the Flyers only have one open spot.

Backup goalie.

One thing is for sure this will be a new look roster.

But will it win?

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

Guy started 80+% in the offensive zone and was -8.  At least they aren't paying him much.

Yeah, it's not exactly giving up Ghost to get Ghost.  I mean it's less than 25% of Ghost's pay/cap and less term.  Just a stopgap.

I get the Tweet in regard to skillset, but there's some difference there, too.    I'm okay with it if it allows York to mature further and hone his craft, though I think he's ready.   Someone here mentioned Sanheim going out instead.  At this point, I would not be shocked and would think that could fetch for fletch.

• Like 2