Flyers sign Nate Thompson (again)

Samifan

center position is important you cant just throw anyone in that position, you have to be good with faceoffs, you also have to defend the slot, it's not something that's easy, that's why you see the blues in their cup year had experienced centers because you got to have good players in that positon, throwing anyone that doesnt know what their doing is throwing fuel to the fire, it backfired on us when we relied on patrick, he sucked at it.

6 hours ago, radoran said:

IMO, he's an insurance policy. For $800K, he won't block anybody that's able to play their way onto the roster.

It's definitely an underwhelming signing, but I think they're expected to use much of the rest of their ~$8M cap space on Sanheim and Hart.

Well with the remaining cap space, I hope Fletcher gets Hart's contract done first then Sanheim.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tucson83 said:

center position is important you cant just throw anyone in that position, you have to be good with faceoffs, you also have to defend the slot, it's not something that's easy, that's why you see the blues in their cup year had experienced centers because you got to have good players in that positon, throwing anyone that doesnt know what their doing is throwing fuel to the fire, it backfired on us when we relied on patrick, he sucked at it.

Great points.  I'll forward this to all 31 GM's.  I'm sure they will thank you sincerely. 

He's an insurance piece that will pick popcorn out of his teeth until injuries happen.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Great points.  I'll forward this to all 31 GM's.  I'm sure they will thank you sincerely. 

He's an insurance piece that will pick popcorn out of his teeth until injuries happen.  

Yes i think if he actually plays then things went wrong...or a whole lot of injuries happened.

And well they are screwed...

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

so you're saying this is a playoff team now ?

Sure it could be.

Half the league makes the playoffs, it's really no big feat.

Sadly I think that is Fletchers holy grail. Just making them. Building a team of 31 year olds in a young mans sport just doesn't scream longevity to me.

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Sure it could be.

Half the league makes the playoffs, it's really no big feat.

Sadly I think that is Fletchers holy grail. Just making them. Building a team of 31 year olds in a young mans sport just doesn't scream longevity to me.

are you okay?

really, you've been sounding like late career George Carlin recently, things going alright for you?

Just now, mojo1917 said:

are you okay?

really, you've been sounding like late career George Carlin recently, things going alright for you?

Lol...I'm watching my favorite sports team go back to Clarke/Holmgren days complete with trading away draft picks and young players and bringing in broken down 31 year olds and I'm not just sitting here like most going...

This Is Fine Meme Dog Canvas Prints | Redbubble

• Good Post 1

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

complete with trading away draft picks and young players and bringing in broken down 31 year olds and I'm not just sitting here like most going...

You're this upset about Patrick and Myers? Myers I can understand a little, I think we saw what he will be come and it's post face-smash Brayden Coburn  but Patrick? **** that guy.

And then magic beans the yield 25% chances in 22 and 23 ? Those 2nds can be recouped if the team implodes. 

I can understand if you hate Ristolainen where giving up #13 for him was a tooth gnasher.

However all the prospects are still here. First picks in 22 and 23 are still here. 

This hasn't been emptying the cupboards for Adam Oates or something. 

These old guys are here on cheap 1 year deals and in Yandle and Thompson's case cost less than 1m aav. with zero assets given up.

This is not Homer and Clarke burning it all down. It is not even close. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Building a team of 31 year olds in a young mans sport just doesn't scream longevity to me.

8 players roughly less than half met that criteria.

3 of them were already here and we are praying one them doesn't play one them will play some in relief and one was swapped for a guy who was already 31.

So in reality Chuckles only added two 31 year olds to this young team....not including your backup goalie.

That isn't that bad once you look around the NHL I bet.

Chill bro it's going to be ok.

Smile some. It helps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

These old guys are here on cheap 1 year deals and in Yandle and Thompson's case cost less than 1m aav. with zero assets given up.

This is very telling to me, and is overlooked. Chucky has changed teh team without long term implications. He can shed cap after a season and go in a new direction. many of us has said, blow it up and rebuild. We also acknowledge a rebuild takes cap clearing and time. We still have a slew of young guys with clear pathways to the big team. And we also see potential roster clearing for cap space when it will be more manageable. If we suck for a year, so what. We all thought we would anyway

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

8 players roughly less than half met that criteria.

3 of them were already here and we are praying one them doesn't play one them will play some in relief and one was swapped for a guy who was already 31.

So in reality Chuckles only added two 31 year olds to this young team....not including your backup goalie.

That isn't that bad once you look around the NHL I bet.

Chill bro it's going to be ok.

Smile some. It helps.

My dad you to say, if you're bring logic to the conversation, I won't talk to you

There would be crickets :drumsfingers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1