2021-22 HF.net In-Season Discussion Thread (All Star / Conn Smythe)

pilldoc

54 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I want to say TFG wins this trade, but it fills a need for yave that he could afford to pay for. I think it is to late though. 60 points out of 6th with 4 weeks to go is a tall hill to climb.

Kane is not my kind of player in a banger league, him, Gaudreau, that type I try to never have them on my team if it can be avoided.  Holtby hasnt been in net in a month, including two back to backs. I remember when I thought Dallas was going to have a four headed monster in net, Bish retired, Khubodin is in the AHL and Holtby is an afterthought. WAAAAAAY screwed up and dropped the ball not picking up Oettinger. 

Crouse gets a few points, lots of hits, Burns is a shell of his former self but still solid points for a Dman with shots and a surprising amount of blocks for an old guy. Ned gives me three goalies who own their net which I needed. Very satisfied with the return, like you mentioned my team is deep enough to take the hit with losing Kaner and I got exactly what I wanted.

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Rux you actually got into a playoff spot after being way put of it and I am incredibly impressed!

Last time someone did that.....:)

Thanks!   There's still a long way.    And, honestly, my team cannot hang with the top 4, but "get in and anything can happen."  LOL  It's the Flyer way.

The only way I would stand a chance is if one of the "anythings that can happen" that happens is a virtual blimp falls on the virtual opponent's virtual team.

• Like 1

Trade between myself and @bbgarnett

Dumb and dumba get

Vasilevskiy

Reilly

Elliott

Foir get

MacKinnon

Werenski

Elvis

OBviously the the big pieces are Vas who is an elite level goalie and MacKinnon who has been on an absolute terror. Elliott gives hi a great handcuff,

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

Dumb and dumba get

Vasilevskiy

Reilly

Elliott

Foir get

MacKinnon

Werenski

Elvis

OBviously the the big pieces are Vas who is an elite level goalie and MacKinnon who has been on an absolute terror. Elliott gives hi a great handcuff,

Agreed it was a very tough decision and I was going back and forth all night and trying to crunch numbers. In the end I think I can afford to loose Mack and still be ok in my Offense especially with Vas coming my way who immediately makes him the best goaltender I've had all year and probably ever since I tend to favor offensive cats more. Now I did get Elliot too and while he is the Handcuff I still feel Vas will get most starts and when Lundell is ready to come back Elliot will probably be the drop candidate. Reilly and Werenski I think are fairly even but I feel that Reilly will help my +/- more. In the end I think we both got what we needed and gave up what we could afford to.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Dumb and dumba get

Vasilevskiy

Reilly

Elliott

Foir get

MacKinnon

Werenski

Elvis

Personally, I think Dumba wins this trade. I was scared shitless when you acquired Vasilievsky 3 weeks after trading Bob. You had been running with Fleury, Hart and more recently you grabbed Nedejkovic. but I still worried a ton after I saw Vasilievsky move to your team.

I usually look at categories and hypothesize if I can win enough to beat someone. My look told me I could give you a run for your money on Goals, Assists, PPG, PPA, Faceoffs and Blocks and possibly SOG since Eichel came off IR and most goalie categories while flipping a coin on the lottery categories like SHP and GWG. I felt you trading Bob weakened your team and helped enable rux to shoot up the standings into a playoff spot. That changed the minute Vasilievsky moved to your team.

Im surprised you gave him up. I still feel you have one of the strongest teams in the league and its going to take a lot of luck to beat you, but I feel you weakened it with this move to get stronger in areas you were already strong in. I know goalies make up less categories here than in the Keeper league so goalies are not as important, but it still seems like a strange move

2 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

Agreed it was a very tough decision and I was going back and forth all night and trying to crunch numbers. In the end I think I can afford to loose Mack and still be ok in my Offense especially with Vas coming my way who immediately makes him the best goaltender I've had all year and probably ever since I tend to favor offensive cats more. Now I did get Elliot too and while he is the Handcuff I still feel Vas will get most starts and when Lundell is ready to come back Elliot will probably be the drop candidate. Reilly and Werenski I think are fairly even but I feel that Reilly will help my +/- more. In the end I think we both got what we needed and gave up what we could afford to.

On the other end, i feel like you just filled your biggest need and didn't have to break the bank for it.

You have McDavid, Ovechkin, Fox and a very strong offense that doesn't rely on faceoff wins and you just got a top 5 goalie in the league, while still owning the handcuff to the Wild net and the better Blues goalie. Some of your recent pickups are paying dividends(Toffoli, Boldy) and you have good depth.

I've faced you twice this year and feel like I have some miraculous luck getting you on weeks where your offense is on a cold streak. But my goaltending was always a strong point. Now the scales have tipped in your favor

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Some of your recent pickups are paying dividends(Toffoli, Boldy) and you have good depth.

Thanks and yeah I think I'll probably drop some in SOG department and will have to have some luck on my side to win that cat each week but otherwise like you said I punted FOW for the most part this year and hopefully Lundell can make up for some of what I lose in Mack when he's back.

I think I kind of got lucky with Toffoli being traded to Calgary shortly after I picked him up and being traded early. As for Boldy I am from Minnesota and when Boldy and Rossi got called up originally I jumped on the Rossi train and regretted it so when Boldy became available a 2nd time I said I'm not making that mistake again.

Edited by bbgarnett

Just now, bbgarnett said:

I think I kind of got lucky with Toffoli being traded to Calgary shortly after I picked him up and being traded early. As for Boldy I am from Minnesota and when Boldy and Rossi got called up originally I jumped on the Rossi train and regretted it so when Boldy became available a 2nd time I said I'm not making that mistake again.

I picked Boldy up as a streaming option in the Keep 5 league a lot of us play in. Now I don't want to drop him lol

3 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I picked Boldy up as a streaming option in the Keep 5 league a lot of us play in. Now I don't want to drop him lol

In a keeper league I'd definitely keep him assuming you don't have 5 other good keep options. I think the Wild will rely on him a lot with there cap crunch situation making it hard for them too add via FA etc.

Just now, bbgarnett said:

In a keeper league I'd definitely keep him assuming you don't have 5 other good keep options. I think the Wild will rely on him a lot with there cap crunch situation making it hard for them too add via FA etc.

Oh no, there isn't a prayer I can keep him. He couldn't crack my top 5 after I spent like all my picks loading up for the playoffs. But I meant I picked him up to stream for a few games and then wanted to drop him when he stopped scoring. But he hasn't and now I need to drop someone else. lol

5 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Oh no, there isn't a prayer I can keep him. He couldn't crack my top 5 after I spent like all my picks loading up for the playoffs. But I meant I picked him up to stream for a few games and then wanted to drop him when he stopped scoring. But he hasn't and now I need to drop someone else. lol

well I guess that's a good pickle to be in.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1

I made an error today from my IPhone12. I tried to drop Petry, using my IPhone12, and I ended up dropping Bergeron instead by mistake.  Please don't pick him up. I really would truly appreciate it. Thank you.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I made an error today from my IPhone12. I tried to drop Petry, using my IPhone12, and I ended up dropping Bergeron instead by mistake.  Please don't pick him up. I really would truly appreciate it. Thank you.

See...THAT'S why I still have my iPhone XR.
It doesn't do silly things like that. :ph34r: 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

On 3/21/2022 at 7:33 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Won my week 10-6.....and managed to fall from 2nd place to 4th .....lol

Ok @Halethis is a big week for both of us. Good luck.

Man. It's razor close between 2nd, 3rd and 4th with @Hale and @bbgarnetttied with 455 and me trailing at 453.

We all want that 2nd place bi spot for 1st round!

I don't think any of us can catch @yave1964who has a 15 point lead in 1st unless he loses his week in  almost every category.

good luck everyone!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Good luck all and while I barely squeaked out a win this week  I at least know I can beat yave.

ANYONE can beat @yave1964 at any given time.......during the regular season.
It's during the playoffs, when it counts most, is when he is at his grizzliest! :shifty:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Surprised What Did You Do GIF

@J0e Th0rnton KNOWS what he did lol. I ran the table on the league with my best team ever looking like world beaters and he stumbled in as a bottom seed and crushed me in the first round, lol. I have won three in a row since then going away and that one still stings lol. That is okay tho, when it is keeping me up at night I fall asleep counting championships instead of sheep. But man, that is the one that got away.

• Haha 1