Game 22: Lightning at Flyers; 12/5/21 @ 6 PM; NBCSP

Howie58

There are a lot rumors swirling, that AV is getting fired and next up will be a Flyer alumni, Rick Tocchet. Thoughts? He didn't have a lot of talent to work with in Arizona, but I am ALWAYS hesitant to hire any Flyer player alum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

signed Charlie Brown and MCEwen who can’t score

If by "signed" you mean "claimed off waivers" sure.

I think ol' Fletch is a terrible GM but it is kinda important to know why.

The "definitely a playoff" team has quit - again. For the latest of many times under Mr. Not All His Fault. And under several different coaches.

It may be time to say that Mr. Not All His Fault has had a little something to do with the past decade of hockey in Philadelphia.

Just spitballing...

Waiting for the inevitable announcement he's been re-signed.

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

There are a lot rumors swirling, that AV is getting fired and next up will be a Flyer alumni, Rick Tocchet.

Sounds like a real Hall of Fame selection that does.

He's not exactly equipped with a ton of talent here.

But he might do better than the other guy they put into the Hall of Fame with him.

It would be hard to do worse.

• Like 1

I thankfully missed this game taking my wife to see her beloved NFL franchise gut out a win against the Bawl More Ravens at Heinz Field.

I could not possibly have made a better choice.

And I watched the Stillers be completely inept for half a game and then come back to win.

I don't remember the last time I saw the Flyers do that.

But, just remember, it's not All His Fault. Oh, and we Won The Trades.

#HallOfFame

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

He's not exactly equipped with a ton of talent here.

Well, hopefully he learned from his days behind the bench, in Arizona. He didn't have a whole lot to work with there, either, and reached the playoffs in 2019-20. I don't really like this hiring, if this is the case. Being as detached from reality as the organization is, it's not surprising. They chose the ol' boy Flyer way, over the best way, every time. From the management, to the coaches, down to the players and the scouts. They never learn.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

They never learn.

I went in disguise as a Stillers fan and our dear, departed NTP thanked me on behalf of the Stillers, Pens, and Pittsburgh.

I said if I was going to go to the Paint by Numbers arena I would go as a Flyers fan.

That said, I'm not so sure I would go to watch the Flyers...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FD19372 said:

There are a lot rumors swirling, that AV is getting fired and next up will be a Flyer alumni, Rick Tocchet. Thoughts? He didn't have a lot of talent to work with in Arizona, but I am ALWAYS hesitant to hire any Flyer player alum.

Tocchet = another brain dead ex-Flyer (collect them all).

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

Putting the deck chairs in a semicircle means people can see the band better as the stern lifts into the air.

Good one! If the band is tight ... there are worse ways to go down with the ship.

But realistically ... Starting now a good GM could make the Flyers better next year. Trade Giroux, buy out JVR, deal Hayes if at all possible...don't re-sign RR, Yandle etc. Unfortunately Fletcher isn't a good GM and his bosses don't seem interested in next year.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Tocchet = another brain dead ex-Flyer (collect them all).

Well let them look we know they would get away from this until they have tried every last X player who is left alive and is still breathing....they have a few more to go through...this could take awhile...