Giroux Trade Talk

elmatus

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

With Danny B in the fold i don't think he will trade his old roommate unless Giroux actually ask for it so he can take a shot at a Cup...but not sure how he would fair belong away from his family for the run.

I think he stay and signs a 5 year deal....now i won't venture to guess for how much per season.

If the Flyers were smart they would trade him. Even if he went  far from home to Colorado it would only be for a few months and a legit shot at the Cup. I. The offseason he still would be able to do what he wants anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

Shouldn't he "want" to use them every game?

I think his value is pretty high right now. 

Well that's an old question isn't it? Is he a leader and a good captain? When Giroux is on and fired up he's among the best but he doesn't bring that passion all the time. As a leader a lack of effort or intensity on any given night can be infectious. 

I'm sure most of you remember the young Giroux who beat up Crosby in the playoffs head to head back in better days. Pity that Giroux doesn't show up all the time, but maybe we can convince some playoff teams that he still has that and can bring it for a cup run, and maybe he will. 

1 minute ago, GrittyForever said:

Well that's an old question isn't it? Is he a leader and a good captain? When Giroux is on and fired up he's among the best but he doesn't bring that passion all the time. As a leader a lack of effort or intensity on any given night can be infectious. 

I'm sure most of you remember the young Giroux who beat up Crosby in the playoffs head to head back in better days. Pity that Giroux doesn't show up all the time, but maybe we can convince some playoff teams that he still has that and can bring it for a cup run, and maybe he will. 

I think that Giroux is still there. The problem is that this franchise **** away his best years and surrounded him with crap. I blame the senior advisors who continually endorsed bad trade after trade, bad draft after bad draft and meddled in all hockey related affairs. I also blame piss poor after piss poor GMs that pissed away the best of years of Giroux. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GrittyForever said:

If you look around the league historically,  the majority of players who are coming up as RFA or UFA , usually have a tremendous season in a contract year. Once they get the big pay day and stability, they drop off big time. JVR scored 36 goals his last year in Toronto,  then he immediately reverted to his usual inconsistent, lazy self. It's too bad players don't have to do yearly contracts,  you would get alot more production out of them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

If you look around the league historically,  the majority of players who are coming up as RFA or UFA , usually have a tremendous season in a contract year. Once they get the big pay day and stability, they drop off big time. JVR scored 36 goals his last year in Toronto,  then he immediately reverted to his usual inconsistent, lazy self. It's too bad players don't have to do yearly contracts,  you would get alot more production out of them.

This is true and often happens with Russians and Europeans I think who pretty much are here for the bucks only. I'm thinking Loui Eriksson was probably the worst example of that for Vancouver.  That's the reason I think they hand out no move clauses too often. 

13 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

JVR scored 36 goals his last year in Toronto,  then he immediately reverted to his usual inconsistent, lazy self. 

That's not true. He gave us almost 20 good games last season.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CoachX said:

Shouldn't he "want" to use them every game?

I think his value is pretty high right now. 

and @GrittyForever

There's want and then there is can.

in a 3 v 3 stick check only game, there is plenty of opportunity for the fans to see those skill plays.

The opportunity to dangle is far less frequent when the games matter.

The player has used his skills for years.

His assists on a couple of goals this year showcase his skills as well.

Specifically, the bank pass to Couturier and the center ice shot for a rebound that led to an Atkinson goal.

The idea that now he's going to suddenly become good now and that he was dogging it for 8 years is a bad one, and I'm not going to credit either of you for having it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

This is true and often happens with Russians and Europeans I think who pretty much are here for the bucks only.

Kevin Hayes and JVR say 👋

There are plenty of floaters of all nationalities...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Kevin Hayes and JVR say 👋

There are plenty of floaters of all nationalities...

Johnny Godreau is also having a big year as an UFA and you know the moron Flyers will sign him. So then we can have another older guy with a bloated long term contract. We don't need another small guy, especially an older one, our most skilled offensive guys are not big ,TK, Atkinson and Farabee, we need some big wingers with skill. A team that is close to a Cup is the type of team that should sign him, not a team that has sucked for years. 

• Uggh... 1

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Yes , I forgot about his incredible work ethic.

I didn't it is why i was always happy when they traded him the first time i just wanted a better return than Luke Schenn...maybe they trade him again for Luke Schenn. He has a Cup now. 🤣

12 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Johnny Godreau is also having a big year as an UFA and you know the moron Flyers will sign him.

I would take him over JVR right now....at least Johnny will display some passion every now and then JVR is just a pylon who can every now and again make a play around the other net. What a bum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would take him over JVR right now....at least Johnny will display some passion every now and then JVR is just a pylon who can every now and again make a play around the other net. What a bum.

Sure, but he is not gonna get us a Cup, signing him isnt going to suddenly make us contenders.  I think its pointless to tie up all that $ and term. If you keep the cap low for the next 3-4 years and you actually build a good team, then you will have the $$ to sign a top UFA when you realistically have a shot at the Cup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Sure, but he is not gonna get us a Cup, signing him isnt going to suddenly make us contenders.  I think its pointless to tie up all that $ and term. If you keep the cap low for the next 3-4 years and you actually build a good team, then you will have the $$ to sign a top UFA when you realistically have a shot at the Cup.

Well if it gets JVR out the lineup i could see them trading Oskar and his 3 mill price tag in doing so.

Flyers need more skill and well the guy can still play. But there is no one move they are going to make to make them Cup contenders - i am thinking of using JVR's 7 mill and use it for him but he might just want to stay out west and be no part of this dumpster fire...no worries.

Who knows what they have planned...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well if it gets JVR out the lineup i could see them trading Oskar and his 3 mill price tag in doing so.

Flyers need more skill and well the guy can still play. But there is no one move they are going to make to make them Cup contenders - i am thinking of using JVR's 7 mill and use it for him but he might just want to stay out west and be no part of this dumpster fire...no worries.

Who knows what they have planned...

Lindblom is starting to play better each and every game, I hope we keep him. JVR has one year left ,maybe we can unload him to AZ , they are supposed to be taking on bloated contracts during their rebuild. If we didnt dump so many assets on crap, we could do it. I'm worried since it cost us  second rounder to unload a good player like Ghost, the cost to dump a stiff like JVR may be too high. Maybe we eat half the remaining contract to lower the price or just buyout his last year. Either way, I believe we will be rid of JVR in the offseason. So far we have failed miserably with many of our big acquisitions..Hayes, JVR, Risto and Ellis, the only good move was Atkinson. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Lindblom is starting to play better each and every game, I hope we keep him. JVR has one year left ,maybe we can unload him to AZ , they are supposed to be taking on bloated contracts during their rebuild. If we didnt dump so many assets on crap, we could do it. I'm worried since it cost us  second rounder to unload a good player like Ghost, the cost to dump a stiff like JVR may be too high. Maybe we eat half the remaining contract to lower the price or just buyout his last year. Either way, I believe we will be rid of JVR in the offseason. So far we have failed miserably with many of our big acquisitions..Hayes, JVR, Risto and Ellis, the only good move was Atkinson. 

I would eat some money on JVR i wouldn't buy him out....

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Ellis

Let's get the guy healthy and playing before we already say this didn't work guy has only played 4 games and is STILL ranked 17th is scoring on this team so yeah let him heal up and then you can label him later if he sucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Most guys we trade win the Cup elsewhere...Brindy, Williams,  Carter, Richard's, Sharp, Coburn, the Schenn brothers. Did I leave anyone out?

Coburn, Ben Eagar and Colin Fraser are 3 more off the top of my head.