Management is promoting and asking questions

CoachX

Saw this headline from a Carchidi article, "

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Flyers asking fans for their input into improving their Wells Fargo Center experience"

That's easy. Put a better team on the ice

I also saw management promoted 2 suits, Alyn McCauley and Tom Minton. Yay! We are saved. Never heard of these guys but im sure things will turn around

The parade is back on!

11 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Saw this headline from a Carchidi article, "

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Flyers asking fans for their input into improving their Wells Fargo Center experience"

That's easy. Put a better team on the ice

I also saw management promoted 2 suits, Alyn McCauley and Tom Minton. Yay! We are saved. Never heard of these guys but im sure things will turn around

The parade is back on!

Awesome another thread we can beat to death the same ol topic as the other threads great job coach...

REPORTED!!!

:hithead:

• Haha 1

Danny Briere is in the news. He'll prolly go to Phoenix, trade two aging vets to the Flyers for Provy and TK, and win a cup

Then he will come back to the Flyers, where he will stock pile prospects, only to get fired by Holmgren for having an excess of logic and common sense

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3

Sell the team to people with open minds and sound, reasonable judgment! There's my idea on improving it. I don't care...and I think many other fans agree, about the stupid party atmosphere that they want to promote. This is purely an attempt to mask the franchise's ignorance. They're desperate because they know that if they don't change personnel from the front office, to on the ice...fans won't go to games and their team revenue is going to go into the crapper.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Danny Briere is in the news. He'll prolly go to Phoenix, trade two aging vets to the Flyers for Provy and TK, and win a cup

Then he will come back to the Flyers, where he will stock pile prospects, only to get fired by Holmgren for having an excess of logic and common sense

Exactly. If Dave Scott doesn't get forced out, or by some miracle, resign..it won't matter whether Briere is here or not. He will not be able to do what he truly wants to do, because Scott is completely delusional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Exactly. If Dave Scott doesn't get forced out, or by some miracle, resign..it won't matter whether Briere is here or not. He will not be able to do what he truly wants to do, because Scott is completely delusional.

Ain't going to happen. I admire everyone's effort we all heard it Chuckles is his man right now so it will be another retool on the fly nothing more, a get in and win mentality same ol same ol.

:BrownBag:

The last time I went, it was, as someone pointed out, a big party. I found it really annoying they pumped up the volume and used the big screen to get me excited over the players. Hello? The players ability should be enough to get me in the arena.

When I left, no matter how much effort they put into the production, I was disappointed by the product on the ice

They are completely out of touch with what really makes Flyer fans passionate. Maybe it would be different if I was a 5 year old

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The last time I went, it was, as someone pointed out, a big party. I found it really annoying they pumped up the volume and used the big screen to get me excited over the players. Hello? The players ability should be enough to get me in the arena.

When I left, no matter how much effort they put into the production, I was disappointed by the product on the ice

They are completely out of touch with what really makes Flyer fans passionate. Maybe it would be different if I was a 5 year old

I definitely think catering to the casual Millennial and Gen Z fans has some of these teams struggling for relevance and/or how to attract new fans.

The Millennial generation especially has shown to value experiences over things generally, and I can see where trying to attract that large segment of the population to the arena seems like it could be quite profitable.

"Make the live game like EA Sports NHL 22 and we've got 'em"

Except, hockey is a niche sport and the dudes playing NHL '22 don't give a hoot about what goes on at the arena because they're playing NHL '22

Even though I had a blast at Star Wars night, Teen Girl and Mrs Mojo had fun too. 

We would prefer an entertaining hockey team to storm troopers in the concourse.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I definitely think catering to the casual Millennial and Gen Z fans has some of these teams struggling for relevance and/or how to attract new fans.

The Millennial generation especially has shown to value experiences over things generally, and I can see where trying to attract that large segment of the population to the arena seems like it could be quite profitable.

"Make the live game like EA Sports NHL 22 and we've got 'em"

Except, hockey is a niche sport and the dudes playing NHL '22 don't give a hoot about what goes on at the arena because they're playing NHL '22

Even though I had a blast at Star Wars night, Teen Girl and Mrs Mojo had fun too. 

We would prefer an entertaining hockey team to storm troopers in the concourse.

I filled out the entire survey the team sent me, I basically said …the team is not only bad, but a colossal bore. In the past when we had bad teams ,the games still had some exciting elements and the teams showed some life then. Todays  team is barely watchable.

I said we don’t need gimmicks like Gritty, The Ice Girls and some clown MC banging a drum and yelling let’s go Flyers. I also told them to lower the blaring music and get rid of the fake electronic music and horrendous hip hop. I went to a game for the first time in 5 years and it’s a total horror, the music is so bad and so damn loud ,I was deaf. What happened to Back In Black and The Immigrant Song to get the crowd going,now it’s just total noise. There’s way too much bullcrap going on and not enough hockey.

I mentioned how a lot of the weekend games used to be VS the Pens, Rangers and top teams. Now the past few years, the good matchups are during the week and the crappy games are on weekends, this is not a coincidence. I also made comments that no one Is gonna be paying big $$ to watch boring , uninspired hockey. 5 years ago I sat in the club seats and food and drinks were included, this year when is sat in the club seats…nothing was included. The prices keep going up and you get less and less.

15 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I filled out the entire survey the team sent me, I basically said …the team is not only bad, but a colossal bore. In the past when we had bad teams ,the games still had some exciting elements and the teams showed some life then. Todays  team is barely watchable.

I said we don’t need gimmicks like Gritty, The Ice Girls and some clown MC banging a drum and yelling let’s go Flyers. I also told them to lower the blaring music and get rid of the fake electronic music and horrendous hip hop. I went to a game for the first time in 5 years and it’s a total horror, the music is so bad and so damn loud ,I was deaf. What happened to Back In Black and The Immigrant Song to get the crowd going,now it’s just total noise. There’s way too much bullcrap going on and not enough hockey.

I mentioned how a lot of the weekend games used to be VS the Pens, Rangers and top teams. Now the past few years, the good matchups are during the week and the crappy games are on weekends, this is not a coincidence. I also made comments that no one Is gonna be paying big $$ to watch boring , uninspired hockey. 5 years ago I sat in the club seats and food and drinks were included, this year when is sat in the club seats…nothing was included. The prices keep going up and you get less and less.

I hope you mentioned the goal song ****** SUCKS! This is just as much a part of the demise of the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

What happened to Back In Black and The Immigrant Song to get the crowd going

Back in Black was released in 1980 and The Immigrant Song in 1970?

Imagine for a moment going to a game in 1982 and hearing the Andrews Sisters singing "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy". :thumbsu:

And, just for the record, I'm a huge AC/DC fan.

To your point, they could do something to have a wider range of aural stimulus.

That said, I haven't darkened the doorstep of the Big Bank Building in several years now. I think I went the year after they remodeled the place before they canned Hexy.

Felt like a cow being milked.

It's not just a Flyer Crowd thing, or even a hockey thing for that matter. I was at a Stillers game in Heinz Field where they were playing their archrivals the Ravens and a good (conservatively) 10-15% of the crowd basically just stayed out in the concourses for most of the game.

Imagine: Paying top dollar to buy overpriced beer and watch on relatively small flatscreens.

14 minutes ago, radoran said:

Back in Black was released in 1980 and The Immigrant Song in 1970?

Imagine for a moment going to a game in 1982 and hearing the Andrews Sisters singing "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy". :thumbsu:

And, just for the record, I'm a huge AC/DC fan.

To your point, they could do something to have a wider range of aural stimulus.

That said, I haven't darkened the doorstep of the Big Bank Building in several years now. I think I went the year after they remodeled the place before they canned Hexy.

Felt like a cow being milked.

It's not just a Flyer Crowd thing, or even a hockey thing for that matter. I was at a Stillers game in Heinz Field where they were playing their archrivals the Ravens and a good (conservatively) 10-15% of the crowd basically just stayed out in the concourses for most of the game.

Imagine: Paying top dollar to buy overpriced beer and watch on relatively small flatscreens.

I understand your analogy of the Andrews sisters music, but hard driving music is good motivation for sports and working out at the gym. I don’t think playing Justin Bieber and Demi Lovato is gonna inspire anyone to go out and take the body. The crowds are totally dead these days, everyone is on their phones and suffer from A.D.D. I guess the days of a building full of die hard fans and that electric atmosphere are long over. I’m sure glad I got to experience The Spectrum, MSG and Nassau Colosseum  for sports and concerts back in the glory days. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

I’m sure glad I got to experience The Spectrum

We will never see its like again...

That was a great atmosphere and a really tough place for opposing teams to play. It was magical.

Nowadays, it's like they want everybody to act like lower bowl Leaf fans...

• Like 3