Game 52: Capitals at Flyers; 2/26/22 @ 12:30 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If only someone cared...

Flyers crap season aside, I'd say this was something to care about!

MacEwen went in there and more than held his own against the current big bully of the NHL.
Maybe someone in the Flyer front office gets a taste of blood after seeing that, and decides, "Well, if we are gonna be a bad team, may as well get some guys to beat up the other team while we rebuild"

It would make the losing at least somewhat palatable.
Trust me, I know.
# Late90sEarly2000sBoltsGoonSquads

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Flyers crap season aside, I'd say this was something to care about!

MacEwen went in there and more than held his own against the current big bully of the NHL.
Maybe someone in the Flyer front office gets a taste of blood after seeing that, and decides, "Well, if we are gonna be a bad team, may as well get some guys to beat up the other team while we rebuild"

It would make the losing at least somewhat palatable.
Trust me, I know.
# Late90sEarly2000sBoltsGoonSquads

I wonder who here is even watching this crap.

Fighting I guess could make it more entertaining but I would rather watch a chess match on TV....

Good win! Whatever it does to the draft position it was nice seeing the Flyers beat the Caps, keep #8 off the board again. Great goaltending on both ends - and for once, in I can't remember how long the Flyers didn't make those critical defensive mistakes that give away the game. This time they actually played a structured game.

14 hours ago, Howie58 said:

You'd think they won the Cup judging from the celebration after the final horn

Haha I had the same thought but later I read some website that showed the bench mobbing Patrick Brown for blocking Ovechkin’s blast from the point in the final seconds. 

It was great seeing Farabee laugh off Tom Wilson’s little head feint (after Wilson got back on his feet). He probably wouldn’t have laughed much if Wilson had started pounding him….but Farabee checked him clean, knocked Wilson on his butt, and that was that. 

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Haha I had the same thought but later I read some website that showed the bench mobbing Patrick Brown for blocking Ovechkin’s blast from the point in the final seconds. 

Yes...maybe he will be one of CF's more cost-effective acquisitions.  

• Like 1