Game 57: Flyers at Panthers; 3/10/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Wishful thinking…. Sadly.

The FO is full of former players in the Flyers HOF who have not adapted to the new NHL.  Unfortunately Comcast, who owns the Flyers since Ed Snider passed away, only see the Flyers as a line item on their budget.

Until the good ol’ boys club moves on we are stuck watching reruns of Ground Hog Day…..

That is quite sad.

For tonight's game watch Panthers defensemen Petteri Lindbohm. It is his first game with the club and I believe his first game in the NHL in 5 years. He will be playing on the 3rd line for the D. 

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

I am brand new here and a Panthers fan. Was just told by Joe Th0rnton that this forum has a heavy Flyers fan base. I am not here to crash the party or anything like that. Just to say hey. 

Welcome @Cookie! Great group here, enjoy!

• Like 1

The 5 million dollar man has lead to two PP goals with gross negligence.

Why didn't we get Sam Reinhardt?   How about Verheghe?  

Sad. I have the Panthers feed and it only adds to my sense of disgust.

• Like 1

Oh My, I imagine all of you have either turned this off already or weren't watching in the first place. The chants of "We Want Ten" have already started at FLA Live Arena. Wow, this period could not have gone any worse for the Flyers and Carter Verhaeghe, Sam Reinhart, Jonathan Huberdeau had incredible 1st periods for the Panthers.  That is all I am going to say. 

7 minutes ago, Cookie said:

The chants of "We Want Ten" have already started at FLA Live Arena.

I remember this when the Stars got slaughtered in Sunrise eariler this year. Fortunalety a red hot Khudobin coming in relief of Öttinger stopped the bleeding at 7.

5 minutes ago, Math said:

I remember this when the Stars got slaughtered in Sunrise eariler this year. Fortunalety a red hot Khudobin coming in relief of Öttinger stopped the bleeding at 7.

The Panthers can put up some offense as evidence to there league leading lead in goals. Tonight it is possible if they keep the foot on the throttle, but I doubt they do once the 2nd period ends. 

26 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

So, we fight back, take a dumb penalty, and pay for it. Very Flyers-like.

Yeah it was fun while it lasted... a real good 2nd esp after Laughton took that hit ... 3 straight goals is a rarity for the Flyers. But unfortunately they had nothing left in the 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Thanks for allowing me to put my two cents in on tonight's game. 

Cookie:  This is civil place, and if you stay on point with hockey, and post intelligently, you are always welcome.  

• Like 3

Watching these teams is a lesson how management matters.  We have been on a walk through the desert over the last decade+.  The Panthers, like Carolina, have developed a strong core and seem to make intelligent add-on trades.  The Panthers play at a tempo we could only imagine.  

I think Yeo has got the gang to be more disciplined.  But our special teams really show the lack of talent.  We may have grit (ty) but we are far more than a few players away from respectability, much less elite status.  

• Like 1

I do believe the Flyers have a few players that have a lot of talent and one hell of a young goalie. I think it is something to start with there. From what you all are saying and I suppose you know Flyers hockey more than I do and the failures of the front office it may take quite some time for them to put together a top level team. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cookie said:

I do believe the Flyers have a few players that have a lot of talent and one hell of a young goalie. I think it is something to start with there. From what you all are saying and I suppose you know Flyers hockey more than I do and the failures of the front office it may take quite some time for them to put together a top level team. 

The front office doesn't have the brains to put together a top level team.

There's decades of experience at how to build a mediocre team....that's what they strive for. They just have to trade more draft picks for 30 something year old players and a first round playoff exit will be ours soon enough.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The front office doesn't have the brains to put together a top level team.

There's decades of experience at how to build a mediocre team....that's what they strive for. They just have to trade more draft picks for 30 something year old players and a first round playoff exit will be ours soon enough.

That is a damn shame. I never understood how a teams front office can have the mindset of aging players are the answer winning championships. It is good to have that one or two or maybe even three aging vets on the team, but the team must be built around the younger talent.