Game 57: Flyers at Panthers; 3/10/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

The O and B are decided underdogs (+240) with the Panthers having a 76% win probability.  They have taken the first two games of the season, 2-1 and 4-2.  

https://www.thelines.com/panthers-flyers-nhl-betting-lines-odds-trends-march-10-2022/

It looks like Martin Jones in goal.  Cam York has been called up and will be on the third pair with Keith Yandle.  

Speaking of Jones, it looks like Hart's increased play this year makes an expensive, experienced backup unnecessary for next season.  According to "Snow the Goalie," one of the current youngins in the system will be brought up.  Sadly, the current mess in the Ukraine will preclude any KHL player from coming over--no Fedotov in our Future.

Meanwhile, I wonder how many scouts will be in Sunrise?

On a personal note, I remember going to these games (I live in Broward) when the Flyers would routinely demolish the Panthers.  Over the last few years, the Panthers have tended to outrun and outgun the O and B.  The Panthers have drafted and traded wisely.  Can we say the same?

30 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

According to "Snow the Goalie," one of the current youngins in the system will be brought up. 

Cam York called up.

But that is cruel and unusual punishment to have him paired with York.

Yikes.

• Like 1

The Flyers have their hands full tonight vs. FL. They're pretty much everything the Flyers are not. I was hoping it'd be Bob vs Hart but it's Jones instead. He'll need to steal the win for the Flyers otherwise I don't see much chance of them beating FL.

Hey we get to see Radko Gudas. Wish we had a crystal ball back when Fletcher made that move. Just one of those things I guess, nobody's fault, as opposed to happened after Niskanen retired.

19 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Hey we get to see Radko Gudas. Wish we had a crystal ball back when Fletcher made that move. Just one of those things I guess, nobody's fault, as opposed to happened after Niskanen retired

I would do that trade a billion times over.

Niskanen is still the best player in that trade and he's fishing in Minnesota. 

I say this a guy that liked Gudas when he was here. 

My hope for tonight is, Claude sees how he can fit with the 'cats while he's playing and adds them to his "list". 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I would do that trade a billion times over.

You'd do that trade over even knowing that Niskanen will retire after one season?

How did that trade make the Flyers better? Yes they had a better top pair for a year, and it's not like Gudas is some irreplaceable player. But I can't see doing that trade again if I know beforehand that Niskanen will be gone after one season.

8 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

You'd do that trade over even knowing that Niskanen will retire after one season?

I'm not gifted with seeing the future, so yes.

With hindsight, of course I wouldn't.

There was no way to know that Niskanen would retire, now was there?

That trade made an immediate positive impact on what at the time was thought to be a building block player (Ivan Provorov)

It was a good trade.

• Like 2

Just now, Cookie said:

I am brand new here and a Panthers fan. Was just told by Joe Th0rnton that this forum has a heavy Flyers fan base. I am not here to crash the party or anything like that. Just to say hey. 

Oh it's fine to be a fan of any team here. We have fans for many franchises here.

It's just heavy into those two teams because certain web forums had mass exodus' in the past from those two teams.

I don't post a much as I used to in the main boards because I nearly live in the fantasy hockey section 

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

Oh it's fine to be a fan of any team here. We have fans for many franchises here.

It's just heavy into those two teams because certain web forums had mass exodus' in the past from those two teams.

I don't post a much as I used to in the main boards because I nearly live in the fantasy hockey section 

That sounds good. Well I look to contribute where I can. I am far from an expert of the game, but I do enjoy and I know enough to get by. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cookie said:

I am brand new here and a Panthers fan. Was just told by Joe Th0rnton that this forum has a heavy Flyers fan base. I am not here to crash the party or anything like that. Just to say hey. 

Welcome!

We don't allow personal attacks or trolling and we don't get into flame wars.

We're a place by hockey fans, for hockey fans.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Welcome to the forum. 

We Flyer fans are all in mourning cause our upper management is killing our team, death by a thousand bad moves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Welcome!

We don't allow personal attacks or trolling and we don't get into flame wars.

We're a place by hockey fans, for hockey fans.

Definitely not going to flame or troll. Just to discuss the game with fans.

• Like 1

Just now, flyercanuck said:

Welcome to the forum. 

We Flyer fans are all in mourning cause our upper management is killing our team, death by a thousand bad moves.

Is it not true that the seats at the games are pretty empty? That is a damn shame actually. The Flyers are a great franchise to let it fall apart. They won 2 Stanley Cups haven't they?

5 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Is it not true that the seats at the games are pretty empty? That is a damn shame actually. The Flyers are a great franchise to let it fall apart. They won 2 Stanley Cups haven't they?

was a great franchise until the idiots upstairs got a hold of this team a decade ago…..

yes…. They did win 2 Stanley Cups but that was 5 decades and a generation ago…. (I was a wee lad of only 6 when that last parade occurred)

most of us still have PTSD from the Chicago series about 10 years ago…

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

was a great franchise until the idiots upstairs got a hold of this team a decade ago…..

yes…. They did win 2 Stanley Cups but that was 5 decades and a generation ago…. (I was a wee lad of only 6 when that last parade occurred)

most of us still have PTSD from the Chicago series about 10 years ago…

I guarantee you that it will turn around. Maybe shake up the front office and straighten it out.

As for the Panthers I was only 2 years old when the franchise actually started in 1993. So zero Cups hoisted. I am hoping for the hoist this year. 

8 minutes ago, Cookie said:

Maybe shake up the front office and straighten it out.

Wishful thinking…. Sadly.

The FO is full of former players in the Flyers HOF who have not adapted to the new NHL.  Unfortunately Comcast, who owns the Flyers since Ed Snider passed away, only see the Flyers as a line item on their budget.

Until the good ol’ boys club moves on we are stuck watching reruns of Ground Hog Day…..