2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version (#5 Overall)

pilldoc

2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Updated Question. Flyers are now drafting #5 overall. Who do you want?

• Juraj Slafkovsky -TPS (Liiga) (Slovakia)- LW / C / RW
    • Simon Nemec -HK Nitra (Slovakia) - RHD
    • Logan Cooley - USDP (United States) - C (NOTE: Committed to Univ. Minn.)
    • Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Joakim Kemell - JYP (Liiga) (Finland) - RW
    • David Jiricek - HC Plzen (Czech) - RHD
    • Connor Geekie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Other?
    • BPA (Best Player Available)

@OccamsRazor

ive been lobbying for JG for a while now. i would love it. but at the risk of taking Chuk-fuk at his word, JG is prolly outside the age parameter they want.

any move, ANY, that removes the lopsided melon, stupid looking face of the cancer known as JVR, should be done immediately

in short JVR is SUK

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Discuss...

:PopcornSmiley2:

If Buffalo is willing to take JVR and if the Flyers can move down and end up with someone like Lekkerimaki (incredible shooter and potential legitimate goal scorer), then go for it. I suspect Gauthier and Savoie will be gone by then, but there's nothing wrong with perhaps the best European goal scoring prospect in this draft who still hasn't turned 18 yet. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

So for me, I really don't see a competitive team for at least 4 years.

I saw this and wondered what your definition of competitive is.

Are you thinking Championship level? Because god willing and the creek don't rise, I was thinking 4 years would be the timeframe for the team to be playing at that level.  That's if everything goes the best that it can.

I think Fonzie has them playing a high compete level of hockey this season. 

Along with that, I think roster turnover and a few talented players could put them in the 2nd tier of teams that could ride a hot goaltender to a final in the next 2 years.

The Flyers have that goal tender.

Like you I want to see something built, via an actual plan. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Along with that, I think roster turnover and a few talented players could put them in the 2nd tier of teams that could ride a hot goaltender to a final in the next 2 years.

You are insane.  I don't think they will win a playoff round in the next four years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

:poke:

Great....and hopefully we can get another top 5 pick in 4 years that we can trade down to get out of Gaudreaus new contract. 

Trading down OUT of the top 5 to get out of dumb contracts so we can sign yet another one....brilliant!

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Great....and hopefully we can get another top 5 pick in 4 years that we can trade down to get out of Gaudreaus new contract. 

Trading down OUT of the top 5 to get out of dumb contracts so we can sign yet another one....brilliant!

youre so grumpy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

You are insane.  I don't think they will win a playoff round in the next four years.

My therapist says that word isn't "exactly" accurate.

The last 5 years the Flyers have had some incredibly bad luck, compounded with some poor decisions to exacerbate the situation.

To quote Dr Jerry Buss "they're due" even just a return to the mean as far as good fortune goes would yield significant improvement.

I think Tortorella will change the culture of this team, there is similar talent here now as there was in CBJ when he started there.

Call it a dead cat bounce or whatever other rosy outlook you can come up with.

New coach, top 5 pick. 

They have to start somewhere. 

I think now and here is as good a place as any. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

@CoachX

The Wells Fargo center needs smudged or something.

the Patrick Pick, Injuries, COVID...every team had to deal with COVID and injuries, I know. 

There weren't enough NHL players in the organization to really ice a team towards the end of last season. Everyone was hurt.

I've never seen that before. 

Also, CBJ wasn't loaded with talent when Fonzie took over. They filtered in after he was hired.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@CoachX

The Wells Fargo center needs smudged or something.

the Patrick Pick, Injuries, COVID...every team had to deal with COVID and injuries, I know. 

There weren't enough NHL players in the organization to really ice a team towards the end of last season. Everyone was hurt.

Also, CBJ wasn't loaded with talent when Fonzie took over. They filtered in after he was hired.

again.....

image.jpeg.bcbb83ba47f340319a40181bb317fa51.jpeg

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

youre so grumpy!

I am....cause some of the same people who keep cheering the Bryz signing, the JVR signing, the Hayes signing etc etc etc, then wonder about how we can get rid of them so we can do the exact same thing to sign Johnny Gaudreau or the next "shiny thing" over and over......and wonder why we never win the cup?!?

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Everyone was hurt.

I remember the spit-and-bailing wire of the Alexei Zhamnov Era, with the difference being that team had the talent to overcome a rash of injury and they could essentially buy replacements.

To your point, this year they were playing three waiver claim guys on the regular...

The main question facing the team rightnow is "is Ryan Ellis going to be Ryan Ellis" and until that question is answered affirmatively, the immediate future is bleak.

They'll be starting off without Farabee at least, as well. Hayes and Couturier also need to show they are healthy. And Hayes is still Hayes.

They're committed to having Hayes and Ristolainen be two important players on the roster for the next four years as ~15% of the cap.

So, two years away from being two years away.

Again.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

I remember the spit-and-bailing wire of the Alexei Zhamnov Era, with the difference being that team had the talent to overcome a rash of injury and they could essentially buy replacements.

To your point, this year they were playing three waiver claim guys on the regular...

The main question facing the team rightnow is "is Ryan Ellis going to be Ryan Ellis" and until that question is answered affirmatively, the immediate future is bleak.

They'll be starting off without Farabee at least, as well. Hayes and Couturier also need to show they are healthy. And Hayes is still Hayes.

They're committed to having Hayes and Ristolainen be two important players on the roster for the next four years as ~15% of the cap.

So, two years away from being two years away.

Again.

I've mentioned it numerous times, but I don't think we set Ellis again. As for Hayes, I think he plays better this year. He played well down the stretch after getting the infections in his abdomen looked after.  Couturier worries me because back surgery is incredibly risky and players are never the same after it (Mike Bossy and John LeClair are great examples of that).

Now, before anyone gets underwear tied in knots, I certainly don't believe Hayes is a $7 million a year player. The contract is what it is and that's no fault of Hayes that he was able to get Schmuck to agree to his terms. However, if Hayes produces as at 55 - 60 point rate with 20 goals, that's at least something the team can work with in terms of potentially moving him (I fully expect he'll be the first one gone AT -> After Tortorella). 

If the Flyers are smart, for this year anyways, they go young on D. Obviously Provorov, Sanheim and Stinktolainen remain, but it's time to go all in on York, Zamula and Attard. Let them learn at the big level and let them make and learn from their mistakes. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

6 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I read a 3rd next year.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-acquire-alex-debrincat-chicago-blackhawks-seventh-overall-pick-1.1822666

A player who was the 39th pick returns a package including the 39th pick...  Irony?

Bleacher Report says 3rd round pick is in 2024

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I read a 3rd next year.

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-acquire-alex-debrincat-chicago-blackhawks-seventh-overall-pick-1.1822666

A player who was the 39th pick returns a package including the 39th pick...  Irony?

Yeah my bad. It was a 3rd. 

• Like 1