Nodl waived

Guest brelic

Meh, I cant totally understand the Shelly thing either. Unless hes a semi coach, 3rd assist captain type in the "room" who kicks people in the butt for loafing. When all is said and done, he worked his way up from the Johnstown Chiefs and ECHL to an NHL career, whatever you want to label his role. The Flyers were not the first ones to give him a spot at this level either. I do question the dollars though. Its not like he came up through our minor league system, played a long time as a Flyer/Farmhand and this is his golden parachute.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vanflyer

I think that's the million dollar question Van. He's a role player. Decent in his own end. Doesn't (or can't?) score but any team in the NHL could play him on the 4th line or even fill in for an injured 2nd-3rd line player. I guess you have to think that Homer tested the market before doing this move. Right?.....Right?

Right?.....Right?

You would have to think so. I just can't believe a team would not have given a 4th for him. He is cheap and can play 10-13 minutes a night. He is not a liability.

Here is a little tid bit for you:

Claude Giroux- selected pick #22 in 2006 draft

Andreas Nodl- Selected pick #39 in 2006 draft

Done.

Ranking the flyers players in greatest value (skills compared to salary)..... Nodl is a far better value.

I don't understand them waiving Nodl first.

We dumped a contract by count (50 max), that also has value. Betts and Shelly won't be claimed, so while Shelly's cap hit comes off, his contract is still there.

Noooo! :P Just his public image and going on what his team mates have said... We always say where there is smoke there's fire in regards to negative things (Richards/Carter/ect...) but the same is true of positives...

He could run an animal rescue program for abused puppies while donating all the proceeds to a homeless shelter for handicapped orphans from Haiti and he's still not worth $1.1M to play hockey.

@idahophilly

We need Jmdodgers to post some more. He has an inside guy that knows a little something something now and again.

He had an inside bead on the Carter/Richards ordeal.

There was another site that had a guy that was spot on in regards to Bryzgalov coming in and Richards and Carter going out and this was back in May 2 weeks after our playoff bounce.

He made some remarks in regards to MR and JC's partying and the blog was promptly removed.

Here was the link for what it is worth:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=93&jfile=showthread.php&t=102853&page=94

I'm not devastated or anything close, but it does suck to devote years to developing a kid and lose him to cap mismanagement. I always thought Nodl never broke out of his shell as a Flyer. He showed flashes of offensive prowess, but never got the ice time needed to boost his confidence with the puck. Nice work ethic and very respectable wheels....he could very well become a top 6 forward in Carolina someday. Just sickening we could not cut Shelley before somebody who can actually forecheck and provide the odd goal.....wtf!!!