Flyers 2022-23 Phantoms/Prospects info

pilldoc

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I get it.  Like I said, I wish I could have the hope you have.  You do realize they gave Vigneault a 5 year deal, right?  And, he was here for just 157 games.

The belief you have is based on the false hope that this organization's front office has competence that simply doesn't exist within it, and isn't being run by enormous egos of Holmgren, Lombardi, Fletcher and Flahr.

Not wrong, and I do recognize this possibility. I'm hoping Briere and the other new people will have influence and bring sanity, if not smarts. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2022 at 10:29 AM, OccamsRazor said:

That Risto contract will prove to be a burden by the season's end.

It was destined to be a burden when he was traded for.

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Now that's *checks notes* two bad contracts and two LTIR contracts that only take up *checks notes* $26.2M in cap space.

And then there's Tony Deangelo.

:hocky:

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

I'm hoping Briere and the other new people will have influence and bring sanity, if not smarts. 

The same was said about Hextall, who was at least coming from a Cup winning organization that had appeared to build the "right way".

Briere is the understudy to... Chuck Fletcher. And a significant chunk of his playing time was spent under Holmgren.

He has the benefit of the doubt, but you can see where the doubt might come from... It's the way they've always done things.

I hope it works. And the sooner the better.

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

On 9/18/2022 at 9:57 PM, OccamsRazor said:

:sick:

If JVR has a good season we can definitely unload him at the deadline  or hopefully sooner to a playoff team since he’s on an expiring contract. Some teams will want him for the PP , we might get a second or third round pick.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

If JVR has a good season we can definitely unload him at the deadline  or hopefully sooner to a playoff team since he’s on an expiring contract. Some teams will want him for the PP , we might get a second or third round pick.

What you don't want to keep him around so he can help win a few meaningless games once they're out the playoffs and keep them from drafting Bedard??

:D

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What you don't want to keep him around so he can help win a few meaningless games once they're out the playoffs and keep them from drafting Bedard??

We are already out of the playoffs,  😆.  I hope he plays well and we unload him as early as possible. Every exta loss counts.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 6:27 AM, RonJeremy said:

We are already out of the playoffs,  😆.  I hope he plays well and we unload him as early as possible. Every exta loss counts.

This isn't encouraging.

17 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

This isn't encouraging.

Amazing, the piss poor development of our prospects just continues. Everyone keeps saying that Torts is gonna change the losing culture . He will probably get the players on the Flyers to put in a good effort more consistently but he can't do anything about the incompetent upper management and their handling of the drafts and player development. Until that happens we will keep seeing wasted picks  and failed prospects .

• Like 1

On 10/20/2022 at 9:06 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I haven't seen much mentioned at all anywhere about Bobby Brink.

I hope he can get back and have a good year somewhere in the ranks.

I suspect AHL duty first and then a cup of coffee.

Brink had the hip surgery,  he is supposes to start skating in a week or so. They said he would be back Dec/Jan

• Like 1

Phantoms sitting at 2-2-1.

Not to impressive. Leading scorer is Desnoyers 3 goals a helper in 5 games.

Ratcliffe zero points in 5 games what a waste of a pick - didn't know they stack sh it that high.

I thought Jon-Randall Avon was going to be a Phantom but they sent him back to the OHL.

He has 6 goals 11 points in 10 in his overage year. Should be a Phantom next year.

Haven't seen anything on the Phantoms to know anything more than stats.

I have to think if they do not make the playoffs this season Lappy surely has to go. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 11:04 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Phantoms sitting at 2-2-1.

Not to impressive. Leading scorer is Desnoyers 3 goals a helper in 5 games.

Ratcliffe zero points in 5 games what a waste of a pick - didn't know they stack sh it that high.

I thought Jon-Randall Avon was going to be a Phantom but they sent him back to the OHL.

He has 6 goals 11 points in 10 in his overage year. Should be a Phantom next year.

Haven't seen anything on the Phantoms to know anything more than stats.

I have to think if they do not make the playoffs this season Lappy surely has to go. 

Lappy is a brain dead moron who has NO business coaching a team. The phantoms are supposed to be our best prospects and the only thing that half wit is doing us teaching them how to check. No skill development, no five on five strategies, no special teams, just checking. Skill development is not a priority in Philadelphia. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Lappy is a brain dead moron who has NO business coaching a team. The phantoms are supposed to be our best prospects and the only thing that half wit is doing us teaching them how to check. No skill development, no five on five strategies, no special teams, just checking. Skill development is not a priority in Philadelphia. 

Well how much longer he can last is beyond me what is the point of obtaining the talent and not being able to develop them?

Once again on management. This season is a shake up season if it doesn't happen after this year then it will never happen.

On 11/16/2022 at 7:35 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Lappy is a brain dead moron who has NO business coaching a team. The phantoms are supposed to be our best prospects and the only thing that half wit is doing us teaching them how to check. No skill development, no five on five strategies, no special teams, just checking. Skill development is not a priority in Philadelphia

FIFY

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 9:17 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Ya, but think of all the meaningful games he can help us lose before then.

• Good Post 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Flyers do have some good pieces...

I hope they turn this around after the sorting the team goes through this season.

Emil Andrea is in there too.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Don't forget Brink and this years top 5 choice. 

I do think they have some youth coming in that if managed properly could....

Gauthier Named Hockey East Rookie of the Month

https://bceagles.com/news/2022/12/6/mens-hockey-gauthier-named-hockey-east-rookie-of-the-month.aspx

FjTZ4UxVEAAtldW.jpg.73a111147a3f4d08eddd4adc8d2ab8de.jpg

The forward led all Hockey East rookies with eight points and five goals in seven games during the month, and his five goals ranked second in the NCAA among all freshmen. In those seven contests, he finished with a team-best 26 shots on goal and scored three power play goals.

Overall, Gauthier is tied for the Hockey East lead and ranks ninth nationally in goals per game. The Arizona native leads the team in goals (8), points (12) and power play goals (4) as a freshman. He is tied for seventh in the league with a point-per-game average.

Gauthier was also named the Pro Ambitions Hockey East Rookie of the Week on Monday.

BC closes the first semester this Friday at 7 p.m. against No. 6 Boston University in the Battle of Comm Ave at Kelley Rink. The Eagles will host Jerry York Night and honor college hockey's winningest coach during the first intermission. 

I just hope this #19 pans out.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

We can only hope that our new batch of prospects ends up better than Hextalls picks and with better injury luck too.

Out of the 2023 pick, Gauthier,Foerester, Brink, Desoyners,  Attard and York can we get at least one guy to become a legit first liner and the majority second liners?

Hextall did not draft one single first liner/pair guy in all his drafts. Other teams have picked late in the draft  just like we usually do and gotten first liners, we have not. TK, Provy,  Sanheim,  Farabee and Hart are all solid picks but they are second line/pair guys.

Hart has potential to be a #1 goalie, the other guys are solid second tier players. I would have thought Sanheim would have turned into more of an offensive force and be a top PP guy based on his highlight reel moves in juniors. 

For various reasons Frost, O'Brian and  Allison can be called disappointments so far , but if they don't show something by next season, they can be moved to the failure pile with all the other first and second round picks we wasted like, Morin, Rubstov, Patrick, Laberge, Ratcliffe, Aube Kubel, Ginning, etc.

I think the last first line guys we drafted were Carter and Richards 

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

We can only hope that our new batch of prospects ends up better than Hextalls picks and with better injury luck too. Out of the 2023 pick, Gauthier, Foerster, Brink, Desoyners,  Attard and York can we get at least one guy to become a legit first liner and the majority second liners?

Hextall did not draft one single first liner/pair guy in all his drafts. Other teams have picked late in the draft  just like we usually do and gotten first liners, we have not. TK, Provy,  Sanheim,  Farabee and Hart are all solid picks but they are second line/pair guys.

Hart has potential to be a #1 goalie, the other guys are solid second tier players. I would have thought Sanheim would have turned into more of an offensive force and be a top PP guy based on his highlight reel moves in juniors. 

If a new GM is hired and they decide to clean house in the AHL, I'd feel more comfortable about that. With that being said, I think Foerster, Desnoyers, York, and Attard need to be in Philadelphia to get away from the claws of Laperriere. The fact they're producing in spite of Laperriere is a good sign.

With Gauthier, I think the best path forward is staying in the NCAA. If he's going to be a winger, I could see him leaving early. With that said, he still has a lot to work on in terms of playing center. And that's ok because this is really the first session he's playing center.

Farabee is coming back from neck surgery and is what, 21 years old? He's got lots of time to be a top line player. He'll get there. You can see the skill. You can see the on ice awareness. They need to just let him play and quit moving him all around the lineup.

TK is a top line player. Vigneault got one good season out of him and then Vigneault and Therien went full on r-tard and tried changing his game. I'll give credit where credit is due - Tortorella is letting Konecny play and we're seeing the results. Dude can play. He's a top winger.

Sanheim is also a top defender. Say what?!?!?!?!? Look at his numbers and advanced stats. He's carrying Stinktolainen and he's carried Braun and had dinner a great job. In terms of scoring, he's the best 5 on 5 scoring defenseman on the team and one of the best in the league. When you consider he gets next to no power play time and he's only a couple of points behind Provorov, it speaks in volumes. Why they don't use Sanheim more is beyond me.

Provorov looks cooked. The Flyers absolutely ruined him. Coaches basically gave him carte blanche and let all sorts of bad habits develop. This was a guy who could skate and carry the pouch out of the zone and that was coached out of him to bang it off the boards and get rid of it quickly. They also never had a good veteran mentor for Provorov and he just went on a downward spiral. It's too bad that the Flyers never retained Pronger on the staff because Pronger could have fixed him.

Hart clearly has number one upside, but Dillabaugh is ruining him. Why the Flyers can't find a good goaltending coach is beyond me. I thought they fixed that with Jeff Reese, but Hextall ram him out of town to bring Dillabaugh on board. Maybe it's time to reach out to Steve Mason and see if he'd like a job. Bill Dark would be another guy the Flyers should target.

They really need to hit and homerun with their pick this year. If they don't get one or two, them hopefully Brayden Yager or Leo Carlsson is the choice (I'm leaning towards Carlsson because he's playing against men right now and looks really good as a 17 year old).  

Hopefully they give Brink time to get his legs back after his hip surgery. That's usually a surgery that takes about a year before players are back to normal. Letting Brink play on the third or fourth line might be the best place for him.

I do agree that there's young talent. I also believe that the Flyers are about two really good solid drafts away from really getting a solid core group in place. 

• Like 1