Flyers 2022-23 Phantoms/Prospects info

pilldoc

7 hours ago, Samifan said:

I don’t pay much attention to the Phantoms as I used to, how has Ersson been since his most recent demotion back down?

He has been holding it down from everything i have read/heard. 

Top 5 rookie goalie. Right behind Preds 1st round pick Askarov.

Not a whole lot of great talent down on the farm right now.

Desnoyers, Foerster, Brink and Lycksell. I think Jackson Cates could be a 4th liner in the NHL.

On the blueline Zamula, Attard and Ginning about it. I think they could get a boost adding Emil Andrea the rumors are he will be signing his entry level when his season is over in the SHL.

It would be helpful to get these kids a playoff run i don't care if it only a 1st round run to feel the playoffs is a must. Then strive to be better. 

I'm not going to lie with the cap issues looming i can see all 4 of those forwards making the Flyers next season if they were to purge this offseason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kid will be 22 by mid season next year let's get the ball rolling on his smaller ice development Sanheim's replacement might need a full year of development with the Phantoms next season let's give him the chance.

I am hoping no more JVR, Braun and I hope they can move Tony Deangelo and let Attard take his spot on the blueline.

Ronnie can do everything Tony can do and he has upside.

Trade TDA for a pick give me a 3rd and buy bye.

I'd be ok moving Seeler too. But if they can't well he should be a 7th and no more.

Moving Procorov and Sanheim could bring a nice return...

York - Attard

Zamula - Risto

Ginning - Zmolek

I'd roll with that should get a top 10 pick again in the 2024 draft.

Well I think we could see Cutter being signed soon he stated he only wanted to play one year of college.

Guess we'll see soon. He can join the Phantoms i think for a playoff run.

I think.

That is if he signs.

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I think we could see Cutter being signed soon he stated he only wanted to play one year of college.

I think.

That is if he signs.

Was just thinking about him a few minutes ago before I saw your post ....

image.png.d34b11b8664bf5a110e5f1df98b21d3d.png

Pretty good stats for a Freshman .....  Maybe ....Just maybe the Flyers might have some legit talent at the Winger position .....

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think.

That is if he signs.

Did he say that? (he only wanted to play one year?)

I really don't mind if he sticks it out one more year in college...until the Flyers start to become a real franchise again. Boston College should be a good program again next year, no? I guess he's ready for the next step, but it also wouldn't hurt him to stay.

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Did he say that? (he only wanted to play one year?)

Yes not too long after they drafted him.

I want what is best for him. BC is suppose to have a very good team next season so if he wanted to go party and chase college girls i am good with it because he played well all year and doesn't seem nowhere like JVR was.

16 and 37 points in 32 games as a freshman is pretty solid. Another year to get bigger stronger and quicker i say he can easily from everything i have watch of him he can put up 50 points i think.

Something along the lines of Johnny Gaudreau had at BC...but with size more like a power forward build.

Yeah no need to rush to the Flyers now. They have a roster still to sort out.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#bourbonup

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes not too long after they drafted him.

I want what is best for him. BC is suppose to have a very good team next season so if he wnated to go party and chase college girls i am good with it because he played well all year and doesn't seem nowhere like JVR was.

16 and 37 points in 32 games as a freshman is pretty solid. Another year to get bigger stronger and quicker i say he can easily from everything i have watch of him he can put up 50 points i think.

Something along the lines of Johnny Gaudreau had at BC...but with size more like a power forward build.

Yeah no need to rush to the Flyers now. They have a roster still to sort out.

I'm with you. Gauthier didn't need to be anywhere near this slop right now. Stay at BC, play with your friends, work out any issues you might have and then look at coming to the club next year. If he goes right now, you know he's going to be stapled to the third and fourth lines to "learn the pro game." He's going to get paid regardless, so enjoy your time before being thrown into the frying pan. 

• Like 1

RE: Gauthier

Another year for him to play in the pivot with good coaching won't hurt in the long run either.

I suppose with the Fletcher/Flahr diad destroyed, maybe Cutter goes back to wing?

I liked the idea of turning him into a Jeff Carter type shooting centerman. Could be that idea leaves with Fletcher.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2023 at 2:46 PM, flyercanuck said:

I really don't mind if he sticks it out one more year in college...until the Flyers start to become a real franchise again.

He only has 3 more years of eligibility and the Flyers are still 2 years away from being 2 years away!! 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2023 at 5:51 PM, OccamsRazor said:

The only Flyer prospect i have ever known to have scored 50 goals in juniors that wasn't an overage year.

Simon Gagne says "bonjour". Bobby Clarke says "I did it twice". Lindros and Leach both did it but were drafted by other teams. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 3/16/2023 at 10:32 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Travis Sanheim and Ivan Provorov you've been put on notice. Kid is here to take a job!

Lets hope the Flyers develop this kid a lot better than they did those two. 

It's pretty sad when a team like Nashville, the defenceman factory, says they have to "undo" what the Flyers did to Phillipe Myers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

I expect this kid to be on the Flyers next season too.

In fact he could make Allison expendable if they don't think he can stay healthy.

You'd still have Tippett, Foerster and Brink if you traded TK and Allison.

Just saying.

Allison will be 26 next season might be best off just moving him too.

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

If i can get ANYTHING for Allison, I'm moving him. Without blinking.

Yeah i have liked the kid but still waiting at 25 going on 26 yeah running out of time and well he can't stay in the lineup it is time to move on why you can maybe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah i have liked the kid but still waiting at 25 going on 26 yeah running out of time and well he can't stay in the lineup it is time to move on why you can maybe.

Yeah, I like the kid.  He seems to have a good attitude and I like the way he plays when he plays.   But at this point, if someone is willling to give pick or prospect for him, then I do it.   Kind of under the same principle as when we're talking about TK and others, but exacerbated by his health.  So, yeah, send him out and bring back pick or 20/21 year old and maybe in 3-4 years you have someone entering their prime instead of a 30-year old on LTIR.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

But at this point, if someone is willling to give pick or prospect for him, then I do it.

Would you give a pick or a prospect for a 25-year-old that can't stay healthy?

'cause I wouldn't.

I like Allison fine, but sometimes at 25 you've pretty much seen what a guy can do in this league.