Roster Size: HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - Your Vote is needed!

pilldoc

HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - Roster Size  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question: Which Option, as listed/defined below in the thread, do you prefer with regards to Roster Size for the upcoming HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL?

• Option #1:  (12 Starting + 4 Bench = 16 Total Roster with 3 IR+)
    • Option #2:  (13 Starting + 4 Bench = 17 Total Roster with 4 IR+)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/2022 at 03:59 AM

@yave1964 @ruxpin @J0e Th0rnton @TropicalFruitGirl26

@hf101 @Hale @Mad Dog @Ladyneat @bbgarnett

@Jagged Ice @molonosoff @pilldoc @Math

OK ....so I see we are at an impasse.  There are 2 proposals being proposed for setting the Roster for the upcoming season.

I am making a poll/vote.  Simple majority will decide which way we go.  As of now we have 15 GM's.  FD has not responded to my PM's to see if he is interested or not in participating and Tony is not on HF.net.  I will reach out to him.

Option #1:  (12 Starting + 4 Bench = 16 Total Roster with 3 IR+)

• 2=LW 
  • 2=Center
  • 2=RW
  • 3=D-men
  • 2=Goalie
  • 1=Utility (Forward or D-man)
  • 4=Bench
  • 3=IR+

Option #2:  (13 Starting + 4 Bench = 17 Total Roster with 4 IR+)

• 2=LW 
  • 2=Center
  • 2=RW
  • 3=D-men
  • 2=Goalie
  • 2=Utility (Forward or D-man)
  • 4=Bench
  • 4=IR+

As I mentioned above simple majority wins out.

With a roster of 16 players that will give you 256 total players, removing the Goalies (G= 2 x 16 = 32) that will leave you 224 players drafted as either a Forward/D-man.

With a roster of 17 players that will give you 272 total players, removing the Goalies (G= 2 x 16 = 32) that will leave you 240 players drafted as either a Forward/D-man.

As @ruxpin mentioned:

"If this were a pure scoring league like NAHANA, I'd argue against (and I'm not sure I'm arguing "for" here), but in a league that counts non-scoring categories, being smart about third line players or #4 defenseman could be difference-making."

PLEASE VOTE!!!   

We can always re-evaluate at the end of the season and change if necessary.

I will leave the Poll Open until Saturday, September 10th.  That gives 3.5 weeks to vote and discuss.  At that time the Poll will close and a final decision will be made.

thanks

~doc

Edited by pilldoc

• pilldoc changed the title to Roster Size: HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - Your Vote is needed!
2 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I would like to withdraw from this league.  I don't think I should vote on anything I will not be a part of; its not fair to those who are participating.  

Why do you want to withdraw?  You are a valued member here.  If you truly do not wish to participate then I will respect your wishes and I will remove you from the League and find another GM.

• 1 month later...