2022-23 HF.net Sweet 16 Hall of Fame FHL - In Season Discussion Thread

pilldoc

10 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

On a fantasy forum, some guy told me he HATES people like me (taking 4 goalies in a 16 team league)

In fact I'm going to find the exact quote lol

""This is "bush league" IMO... you're playing to win a hockey pool on stock-market supply/demand ****... rather than your hockey drafting knowledge.""

I kinda laughed him off and he has disliked me ever since.

Hence "the wolf of wall street" tag for a few days lol

he would hate our league then ….LOL

I’ve got 5 on my NAHANA ……

hockey knowledge is called cuffing the goalies and adding a 3rd for off nights…

sheesh….. eff him…. 

Maybe one strategy given the goalie injury pandemic is to load your roster with goalies on IR, and when they all become healthy, organize a giant auction.

Now I've got 4 goalies too, but I have starters that play like third AHLer and back-up goalies trying to steal the number one spot. So I'm still fcuked lol.

5 hours ago, Math said:

Maybe one strategy given the goalie injury pandemic is to load your roster with goalies on IR, and when they all become healthy, organize a giant auction.

Now I've got 4 goalies too, but I have starters that play like third AHLer and back-up goalies trying to steal the number one spot. So I'm still fcuked lol.

And yet you are still in a playoff spot 2 points above me lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Dammit Yahoo Code Monkeys...
Where are my B.Schenn points!!?

Everyone check if you have a St. Louis or Anaheim player....are their stats showing?

I have Gibson and for the game of last night it's mentioned a GAA under 72.00 and SV% above .350. So yeah, something is wrong with Yahoo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

@FD19372That's the worst value i have ever seen anyone get in a McDavid trade lol

You asked me for like the equivalent of 4 Stamkos(Crosby/Pettersson/Makar/Pavelski) and then you settled for basically 1 Stamkos straight up

You are entitled to your opinion. Do I care what yours is? No. Do I care if others agree with you? No. I didn't just give you McDavid. II offered you McDavid +. I wanted value for McDavid.... was what I got, enough? Maybe, maybe not. He was on the trading block. You could have made me a decent offer. You didn't.

Edited by FD19372

14 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

You are entitled to your opinion. Do I care what yours is? No. Do I care if others agree with you? No. I didn't just give you McDavid. II offered you McDavid +. I wanted value for McDavid.... was what I got, enough? Maybe, maybe not. He was on the trading block. You could have made me a decent offer. You didn't.

You clearly rank players differently than those on planet earth.

Possibly the worst trade I've seen.    You got slaughtered

Edited by ruxpin

I guess my question would be…. Why would the #2 player in the League be on  the trade block to begin with?  McDavid /Draisaitl / Vesi / Shester would be players whom I deem untouchable. You build your team around them…..

Looking at the teams involved… if McDavid is truly on the trade block… the asking price would be starting for me , IMHO, at least 3 of the 4 (Ekblad / Stamkos / Zibby / or Hischier . Maybe Landenskog if willing to put him on IR.

Just my humble thoughts and opinions…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I guess my question would be…. Why would the #2 player in the League be on  the trade block to begin with?  McDavid /Draisaitl / Vesi / Shester would be players whom I deem untouchable. You build your team around them…..

Looking at the teams involved… if McDavid is truly on the trade block… the asking price would be starting for me , IMHO, at least 3 of the 4 (Ekblad / Stamkos / Zibby / or Hischier . Maybe Landenskog if willing to put him on IR.

In a banger league I get trading McDavid IF you're getting multiple people who have some scoring and a lot of peripherals.  But in this case, nominal benefit in peripherals and a blood bath against in production categories.  It's just... No understanding of it on any level.  The offer J0e listed was vastly stronger. For this package, I stick with McDavid and it's not a close call 

• Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

In a banger league I get trading McDavid IF you're getting multiple people who have some scoring and a lot of peripherals.  But in this case, nominal benefit in peripherals and a blood bath against in production categories.  It's just... No understanding of it on any level.  The offer J0e listed was vastly stronger. For this package, I stick with McDavid and it's not a close call 

Exactly!

34 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I traded McDavid last year because I had three holes in my lineup that were glaring. If memory serves i got five for one, actually five for two because i threw him kempe as well. Anyway, the depth won me the cup, i may have won it with McJezus but i cant swear to it. So yeah, in a non keeper league i can see a case for trading him to fill multiple holes in the lineup or to own more than one cat going forward.

26 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Oh god that wasn't an offer. That's what I was asked to give up and rejected lol.

Hard no obviously. Maybe I would have considered trading 2 of those 4 players, but not all 4.

I assumed the asking price was sky high and didn't bother to counter because when the feeling i got. Had the offer been a reasonable 2 of those 4 players I might have done business.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

I traded McDavid last year because I had three holes in my lineup that were glaring. If memory serves i got five for one, actually five for two because i threw him kempe as well. Anyway, the depth won me the cup, i may have won it with McJezus but i cant swear to it. So yeah, in a non keeper league i can see a case for trading him to fill multiple holes in the lineup or to own more than one cat going forward.

Yes. This. Completely this.

In this case, it's for a lesser McDavid and a barely better than waiver wire winger.

• Like 2

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

Oh god that wasn't an offer. That's what I was asked to give up and rejected lol.

Hard no obviously. Maybe I would have considered trading 2 of those 4 players, but not all 4.

I assumed the asking price was sky high and didn't bother to counter because when the feeling i got. Had the offer been a reasonable 2 of those 4 players I might have done business.

Sorry  misunderstood. It seemed out of character, for whatever it's worth.

And yes,  agreed.

• Like 1

Trade between myself and the team known as my team

He gets

Ullmark

Chabot

Kunin

I get

Francoux

Ekblad

Hischier

I have Georgiev so adding Francoux is something i have been trying to do for the last month. Ekblad is a bit of a risk because of health but if healthy he is a beast. Hischier is now firmly established as a star, top two or three faceoff man in the game today and scoring over a point a game. 

He gets Ullmark who is 13-1 with a microscopic goals against, Chabot who has struggled this year but has upside, and Kunin who is a nice multi cat role player.

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Agree…. You had holes to fill and filled them by getting multiple players for McDavid…. This trade actually weakened him…. Both in scoring and peripherals.

• Like 2