Game 9: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers; 11/1/22 @ 7 PM; NBCSP, ESPN+

Howie58

Greetings:

The Rangers are significant favorites (-245), suggesting the Flyers are still not getting much bookie respect (for better or worse).

Shesterkin is the Ranger starter. I've been both Hart or Sandstrom as potential starters.   We go forward and try to earn respect.  

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

The Rangers are significant favorites (-245), suggesting the Flyers are still not getting much bookie respect (for better or worse).

Shesterkin is the Ranger starter. I've been both Hart or Sandstrom as potential starters.   We go forward and try to earn respect.  

I think I would rest Hart no need to run him into the game with so much season left to play.

Buy that is me...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I HATE THE FCKING RANGERS :rage:!

:flyer:

Me too man,  I hate that they're good now.

Outside of their great looking uniforms, there is nothing likeable about that team.

All the way down to the goal song...I hate...I HATE!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

It's interesting:  Looking at basic stats, the two teams are quite similar except for one category--faceoffs.  We are pee poor:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-nyr/2022/11/01/2022020149

I recall that we did well on faceoffs the last few years--but we had little to show for it.  Interesting. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Lol Coach. Out of curiosity, is there any team you don’t hate, Flyers included?

I hate all NHL teams but the Flyers. Although right now, my hatred extends to Flyer management. It it my contention that the NHL only exists so the Flyers have somewhere to play. I will take this further, not that you asked, but my hatred also extends to Flyer players, even if they are my favorite (E. Lindros), the moment they are traded

I hate some teams more than others, but none more than the friggin pengooins, followed closely by Toronto

Edited by CoachX
  • Good Post 1

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think I would rest Hart no need to run him into the game with so much season left to play.

Another B-2-B this week...makes 3 already. Flyers' goalies will face a tough test whatever night they start. They'll have their hands full with Zibanejad, Panarin, Kreider then Marner, Nylander, Tavares... a good test for Hart/Sandstrom and the whole team.

• Like 1

Guess the lines will look something like this...

...not sure who is in net.

Flyers in practice

Farabee-Hayes-Konecny

N. Cates-Laughton-Tippett

Bellows-Frost-MacEwen

Deslauriers-Sedlák-Allison

Provorov-DeAngelo

Sanheim-Ristolainen

Seeler-Braun

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

If we had one or two 30 goal scorers, this squad could be a threat. Now we struggle to be a scoring threat. We are working hard. But we cant challenge our opponents.

I agree they need finishers.

Brink is suppose to be one of those types and the only other one is Forester.

But in time I think Allison can be that type of sniper. But he isn't there yet.

• Like 2

We may look back at this and say it is everything good and bad about the Torts Flyers.  There is effort and good defense.  But the offense is lacking.  It's too bad Sedlak can't finish--he makes the effort to get good chances.  I think Bellows is waived in a month.  

This team won't get pushed over.  But it's not clear they can consistently take the war to their opponent.  I don't think Hart and/or Sandstrom are the issues.  

• Like 3

I didn't get to watch enough to even know if it is valid. And when I did I damn near went to sleep. Maybe he is right...

"You're not getting me to criticize the hockey club, because I think some guys are growing. As long as I see effort and care and belief in what we're trying to do, I'm leaving the building in a decent mood. And that's how I feel right now."

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I didn't get to watch enough to even know if it is valid. And when I did I damn near went to sleep. Maybe he is right...

"You're not getting me to criticize the hockey club, because I think some guys are growing. As long as I see effort and care and belief in what we're trying to do, I'm leaving the building in a decent mood. And that's how I feel right now."

He is absolutely right. Heartbreaker of a loss in OT but could easily have gone either way. Posts on both sides. Excellent effort, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

We may look back at this and say it is everything good and bad about the Torts Flyers.  There is effort and good defense.  But the offense is lacking.  It's too bad Sedlak can't finish--he makes the effort to get good chances.  I think Bellows is waived in a month.  

This team won't get pushed over.  But it's not clear they can consistently take the war to their opponent.  I don't think Hart and/or Sandstrom are the issues.  

Well ya, there's a lack of high end offensive skill on the roster, we all know that. But they are working hard and giving effort. It's far more than we expected this year and it's a good start to a new Torts era. 

• Like 3