Is Fletcher close to being fired?

Fizz

6 hours ago, radoran said:

Is anyone "part of a solution" in the next 3-4 years?

I would be hard pressed to agree.

The idea "Nick Seeler" is an important piece - or even "Laughts" for that matter - is laughable.

Agree.  No one is important except maybe Hart, but feel like we’re just wasting him here.

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Further evidence of his incompetence.

Ok that is nice you have to move someone so the 5th now is going to at least cost you a 3rd or 4th you don't get extra just because you're in a bin.

But nope he does then a favor for free.

Ugh.  He’s pathetic.  

1 hour ago, vis said:

Agree.  No one is important except maybe Hart, but feel like we’re just wasting him here.

What, seriously, does Hart do for them over the next 3-4 years that isn't him as Hasek in Chicago?

15 minutes ago, radoran said:

What, seriously, does Hart do for them over the next 3-4 years that isn't him as Hasek in Chicago?

He has one more year after this under contract your best bet is to go ahead and move him now but don't let Chuckles broker that deal (I'm pretending we're getting a new GM) let the new GM do it.

Sure I know risky letting Danny B. make a big move like that for one of his first big trades but I promise lack of experience or not he would do better than Chuck.

But seriously you have to consider moving Hart for a nice return and going with Ersson and Sandstrom next year in the rebuild year.

Yes I know we have to suspend disbelief to think they will do a full rebuild but it needs to be done.

And Hart isn't alone. Might as well move TK too.

I keep Hart. He's only 24.  He's RFA at the end of next season.  Pay him decently but don't stretch. Keep him vaguely cost controlled and move him later, if necessary.  But at this point, there's no reason to think in terms of 3 or 4 years when he's only 24.  I don't think you're going to get more value from trading him than you'd get from him staying and playing well when the team is ready.  There just aren't a lot of successful goalie trades.  Vancouver got a 9th for Schneider (Horvat) so that arguably turned out well, but not so much for New Jersey.  It just doesn't happen a ton and the return isn't usually that great.

The only way I'd be tempted is if our first and Hart get the first overall. I don't think that works, though, because Fletcher is HERE.  I doubt another GM is dumb enough to do that.

Get Hart a defense. He's good enough.

Edited by ruxpin

On 3/4/2023 at 4:38 PM, OccamsRazor said:

He has one more year after this under contract your best bet is to go ahead and move him now but don't let Chuckles broker that deal (I'm pretending we're getting a new GM) let the new GM do it.

Sure I know risky letting Danny B. make a big move like that for one of his first big trades but I promise lack of experience or not he would do better than Chuck.

But seriously you have to consider moving Hart for a nice return and going with Ersson and Sandstrom next year in the rebuild year.

Yes I know we have to suspend disbelief to think they will do a full rebuild but it needs to be done.

And Hart isn't alone. Might as well move TK too.

Agreed, move Hart and TK while you can or they will jump ship as soon as their contracts are up and I wouldn't blame them one bit.

The **** show that is the Flyers are going nowhere in the next 5 years.

11 minutes ago, vis said:

I guess.  But he could be useful to them 5-6 years from now.  Would be totally Flyer-esque to have good goaltending when they don’t need it, only to trade it away and then need it when they don’t have it.  

This. Exactly this.

Provided he doesn't price himself out of the Flyers by then, I'm okay with him doing his thing until he's 29 and has a team in front of him.

Funny his role model was Carey Price. Sadly, his career is shaping up to be just like Carey's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vis said:

Would be totally Flyer-esque to have good goaltending when they don’t need it, only to trade it away and then need it when they don’t have it.  

It's happening now right before our eyes...

But I wouldn't trade him - him and a few others. Only because if the Flyers ever finally chuck Chuck into the garbage pail where he belongs, and if the new guy who replaced Dave Scott is competent and hires a good GM - a couple big "ifs" plus one more - if it all happens soon enough, preferably before the draft, the Flyers should come together fairly quickly. As long as Fletcher doesn't bury the Flyers any deeper...

Edited by GratefulFlyers

9 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

if it all happens soon enough, preferably before the draft, the Flyers should come together fairly quickly. As long as Fletcher doesn't bury the Flyers any deeper...

I'm sorry. but this is the same overly optimistic thinking as the front office.

They are years from having even an average farm system.  Look at the number of assets accumulated by other bad teams.

On 3/4/2023 at 9:00 AM, flyercanuck said:

If Flyers front office were a sign...

I used to use this one for similar contexts:

image.png.ee8cf188a097c639d3c2c6883d9812c5.png

Edited by Math
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I'm sorry. but this is the same overly optimistic thinking as the front office.

They are years from having even an average farm system.  Look at the number of assets accumulated by other bad teams.

"should come together fairly quickly" is what I said and that's "overly optimistic" to you? Okay...you know more than I do then bc frankly that part of the post was so vague and non-specific it was all but meaningless. I do that sometimes.

The point is that eventually the Flyers will need good players and there are 4 or 5 of them on the roster now. Another couple "maybes" like Provorov and then there's the Fletcher FkUps Hayes and Ristolainen. DeAngelo too but he's gone after next season. And at least he can skate.

Rebuild, yes. But don't trade away good players unless there's a reason to trade them. "Rebuilding" is not a reason in an of itself.

13 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Players like Konecny are going to be drawing an NHLPA pension before the Flyers are good again.  What's the point of holding on to them like Simmons, Giroux, and Voracek?

While I agree, I don't want Fletcher trading him for pennies on the dollar.

13 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Players like Konecny are going to be drawing an NHLPA pension before the Flyers are good again.  What's the point of holding on to them like Simmons, Giroux, and Voracek?

“good again?” Compared to last year they’re about a thousand percent better but still far away from being a good team. 

Believe me I share your frustration and disgust with the current state of the Flyers - from top to bottom. The only thing that gives me hope is that once Fletcher is gone they may choose to rebuild “the right way*.” True there’s been no evidence - ever - that they’ll attempt an honest rebuild. But without that hope, slim as it is, I got nothing.

*granted there’s no patented formula but there are many avoidable mistakes, most of which Fletcher made during his tenure. 

• Like 2