Is Fletcher close to being fired?

Fizz

13 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Quit bragging.

He has to have dirt on Homer or Boby or he'll all of them...

...how can he still be here.

One of us could do a better job.

26 games ZERO points -6.

SMGDH 

How can they justify still keeping him around?

• Good Post 1

On 12/20/2022 at 11:51 PM, Fizz said:

What is the media saying?

I don't get much Flyer news here.

Sounds like you are in the heart of Philadelphia. You must watch the same news and listen to the same radio I do.

You want flyers news? This is it. This is probably the only place to get it.

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2022 at 11:51 PM, Fizz said:

Any inside information on whether or not Fletcher is close to getting fired? What is the media saying?

I don't get much Flyer news here.

I don't know if it qualifies as inside information, but Anthony SanFillipo mentioned on Snow the Goalie that there is a lot of "smoke" from all of his sources within the organization. Chris Therrien who still knows some people chimed in saying that's what he's hearing too.

Charlie O'Connor from the Athletic has mentioned there is unrest as well. 

There is nothing concrete, but these are a couple of people I trust to vet their information before they report anything.

Unless those guys are being played- and in ASF's case this isn't his first rodeo so I think he knows when he's being manipulated. Charlie is very thorough too, so if there wasn't some validity to rumors I don't think they wouldn't be saying anything.

26 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't know if it qualifies as inside information, but Anthony SanFillipo mentioned on Snow the Goalie that there is a lot of "smoke" from all of his sources within the organization. Chris Therrien who still knows some people chimed in saying that's what he's hearing too.

Charlie O'Connor from the Athletic has mentioned there is unrest as well. 

There is nothing concrete, but these are a couple of people I trust to vet their information before they report anything.

Unless those guys are being played- and in ASF's case this isn't his first rodeo so I think he knows when he's being manipulated. Charlie is very thorough too, so if there wasn't some validity to rumors I don't think they wouldn't be saying anything.

So anyone know how attendance is looking nothing sends a better message in my mind than for them maybe to be embarrassed to see a lot of empty seats on TV.

Not sure how that looks haven't watched them since the 1st week really.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So anyone know how attendance is looking nothing sends a better message in my mind than for them maybe to be embarrassed to see a lot of empty seats on TV.

Not sure how that looks haven't watched them since the 1st week really.

They're down around 17K according to hockeydb

https://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph_season.php?lid=NHL1927&sid=2023

That's about 2k under sellout IIRC

• Like 1

I have it from a source with official Flyers media credentials that Chuck will be replaced at season's end.  I am not sure if this is the usual Flyer kick-upstairs, retirement, or other.  I consider the source level-headed and credible. My spin/take is that the replacement is pivotal--the departure isn't.  I agree with the ABC (Anyone but Chuck) view up to a point.  An insider like Briere doesn't appeal. They need an outsider with an excellent drafting record. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

They're down around 17K according to hockeydb

https://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attendance/att_graph_season.php?lid=NHL1927&sid=2023

That's about 2k under sellout IIRC

Well that sucks it needs to be worse.

Way worse.

Why are the fans supporting this team with this management group if they want change?

No way I would spend a dime on this team.

In fact I haven't since the stoppage when they "were good" lol I work to hard to spend my money on this team.

I would be better served just lighting the money on fire.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I have it from a source with official Flyers media credentials that Chuck will be replaced at season's end.

So they going to let him screw them over one more time before the trade deadline?

Dumbest shi t I ever seen from this team or one of the dumbest thing.

I would can him and let Danny audition for the the job till the end of the season see where he is really at before just handing him the keys.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So they going to let him screw them over one more time before the trade deadline?

I would can him and let Danny audition for the the job till the end of the season see where he is really at before just handing him the keys.

Danny strikes me as a cool dude, and he has paid his dues with minor league service.  But, I am afraid he won't speak truth to power for fear of biting the wrong hand. Yeah, it doesn't appear a mid-season change is in the offing if my source is correct.  Again, I hate to speak in Deep Throat-like terms, but I will respect this person's anonymity. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Look you only outright embarrass people who weren't doing as they were told.

The ones who really screw things up get promoted.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If it's true that he's out at the end of the season the VPs will never let him have the final word on TD deals.

But unless whoever's next is distinctly different from Holmgren/Fletcher it won't matter much who calls the shots.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I say keep the idiot till the end of the season..........after all he is the best chance of getting in on the Bedard sweepstakes.

10 hours ago, Fizz said:

I say keep the idiot till the end of the season..........after all he is the best chance of getting in on the Bedard sweepstakes.

If he doesn't trade the pick for yet another lousy player he covets. The sooner he's fired (sorry, this is the Flyers we're talking about) promoted , the better.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 8:32 PM, flyercanuck said:

If he doesn't trade the pick for yet another lousy player he covets. The sooner he's fired (sorry, this is the Flyers we're talking about) promoted , the better.

He should be fired for alone resigning the goon that put one of his best players on IR. Damn what does it take to show him the door??

Has Risto even come close to hitting the other teams goalie this year WTF can't this dude run the the other teams goalie just once??

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

“Hart will go on the trip and start the final 2 games of the road trip.”

I’m sure O’Connor is just reporting what he was told so no blame to him, but what are the odds that prediction (prognosis?) gets revised in the coming days? I’d say about 100%.

Hart will be on IR until at least 12/31

We will find out more then I'm sure