Selling Low on Provorov or High on Konecny ?

mojo1917

11 minutes ago, radoran said:

Those rumors about him being traded didn't NOT come from the Flyers...

I think there are teams that want him and have called Shmuckand he's not worth the contract . We can't dump Risto and we gave Soyheim a no trade , so Provy probably was going no matter what.

• Like 1

Just now, RonJeremy said:

I think there are teams that want him and have called Shmuckand he's not worth the contract . We can't dump Risto and we gave Soyheim a no trade , so Provy probably was going no matter what.

To your point, what's the upside for Provorov in staying here?

Seriously.

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

To your point, what's the upside for Provorov in staying here?

Seriously.

Even though hes probably our best "all around" defenseman. There probably isn't any upside in keeping him. We have York and Sanheim for the left side top two spots and Seeler/Zamula.  Next year Attard, Risto, De Angelo on the right . We are spending too much$$ on the defense and Provy has not played well enough to justify his contract. He is probably the easiest to trade and would bring the best return of any other dman we have.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Holymakinaw said:

So how 'bout that Provorov, eh?  The guy skips practise, hurting his team's chances on getting the win.  Not too cool.  Trade value is plummeting as we speak.

He didn't skip practice,  he skipped the warmup.

Edited by radoran
keeping on hockey topic
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

Provorov's move last night didn't really do much except convince Chuck he now needs to package a 1st round pick with him, instead of a 3rd, when it's time to trade Provy away.

A 2nd with Provy, is all the Flyers SHOULD be giving away. Last night, and not participating in warm-ups, was probably the last straw for Provorov and his relationship with the organization. He's as good as gone. I just hope the Flyers don't return to a stance of "Don't draft any Russian players, anymore."

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

He's out of 2nds to give.

Also keep in mind Chuck won't get anything in return.

Good point. He is out of them. They could, however,  move the 2nd that they "theoretically", get for JVR. :eyeroll: Here's to hoping, anyway.

Just now, FD19372 said:

Good point. He is out of them. They could, however,  move the 2nd that they "theoretically", get for JVR. :eyeroll: Here's to hoping, anyway.

Someone might take a 2025 2nd...

Fletch would almost certainly deal it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

A 2nd with Provy, is all the Flyers SHOULD be giving away. Last night, and not participating in warm-ups, was probably the last straw for Provorov and his relationship with the organization. He's as good as gone. I just hope the Flyers don't return to a stance of "Don't draft any Russian players, anymore."

We really haven't had much luck in the Russian dept. Tertyshney got killed, Butsayev, Vorobeyev and Bodrov and Rubstov were flops. Yuskevich was solid but we traded him. Fedorov got sent to Siberia. The only good ones were Bobrovsky,.who we traded and the best was Provorov, who will be traded. Our big ticket FA Bryzgslov was a complete failure. Not a good record with the Russians.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

We really haven't had much luck in the Russian dept. Tertyshney got killed, Butsayev, Vorobeyev and Bodrov and Rubstov were flops. Yuskevich was solid but we traded him. Fedorov got sent to Siberia. The only good ones were Bobrovsky,.who we traded and the best was Provorov, who will be traded. Our big ticket FA Bryzgslov was a complete failure. Not a good record with the Russians.

Luck is luck, but I'm going out on a limb and guessing that the "organization" hasn't scouted Russia much, since their inception into the league in 1967. More now, certainly, but not much.

I can't see where Ivan's non-participation endeared him to his teammates at all.

I know the only guy wearing a letter in that room has been a vocal and proud ally for the LGBTQ community for some time.

Ivan's actions can be interpreted many ways obviously, included in that is him saying f-you to Laughton.

I can't imagine that adds to Ivan's popularity.

This "thing" coupled with the organization admitting it has been listening to offers on the player has the feeling of an ending for a #9's time in Philadelphia.

I'll bet he turns into Russian Keith at his next stop.

I think he's shown to be a little immature for the role he's been asked to fill on this team. 

When he's writing his autobiography he'll look back on this time as a period of growth and maturation. "...It was that 2024 season when I won the first of my 3 Norris trophies..."

• Like 1

Last night's debacle with Provorov and not wearing the pride shirt is the Exodus he's looking for. Someone will deal for him after things settle down.

But, Provorov is a good example of what happens when you don't hold players accountable and you basically give them everything on a platter. He was gifted the best of everything when he got to Philadelphia and no coach ever made him earn anything. Hakstol, Vigneault, Gordon, and Yeo basically gave him carte blanche and now we're seeing how bad that can be.

I still think they'll get something decent for him. I'm not convinced Schmuck will be the guy making the deal, but they'll get something decent.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I still think they'll get something decent for him. I'm not convinced Schmuck will be the guy making the deal, but they'll get something decent.

We're stuck with schmuck. Holmgren and Scott love the way the guy makes them coffee.

17 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Luck is luck, but I'm going out on a limb and guessing that the "organization" hasn't scouted Russia much, since their inception into the league in 1967. More now, certainly, but not much.

Detroit had a direct line to the Kremlin with all the great Russians they had.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Last night's debacle with Provorov and not wearing the pride shirt is the Exodus he's looking for. Someone will deal for him after things settle down.

But, Provorov is a good example of what happens when you don't hold players accountable and you basically give them everything on a platter. He was gifted the best of everything when he got to Philadelphia and no coach ever made him earn anything. Hakstol, Vigneault, Gordon, and Yeo basically gave him carte blanche and now we're seeing how bad that can be.

In the old days the good teams would have a guy like Provy  paired with a top notch vet and worked into the lineup slowly to build his game and confidence. On a shat team where third liners are on the first line, guys are put into a slot they are not ready for or will never be good enough for, so they will never hit their potential. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

So Provy, a 1st and a 2nd, for nothing in return. Sounds like a deal to our GM.

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

9 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

So Provy, a 1st and a 2nd, for nothing in return. Sounds like a deal to our GM.

I'm sure Shmuck will not wait until the deadline and get the best offer.  He will practically give away Provy because he's a detriment to the winning culture we have built here in Philly. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Holymakinaw said:

So how 'bout that Provorov, eh?  The guy skips practise, hurting his team's chances on getting the win.  Not too cool.  Trade value is plummeting as we speak.

Philly won't make the playoffs...and have just as good a chance of getting past the 1st round as the Leafs. 

Even?

35 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

In the old days the good teams would have a guy like Provy  paired with a top notch vet and worked into the lineup slowly to build his game and confidence.

They had that with Niskanen and it worked well, for a season. Then Niskanen bailed.

Ellis might have worked, but never got the chance.

35 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

On a shat team where third liners are on the first line, guys are put into a slot they are not ready for or will never be good enough for, so they will never hit their potential. 

Happy Kevin Hayes GIF by Philadelphia Flyers

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, radoran said:

They had that with Niskanen and it worked well, for a season. Then Niskanen bailed.

Ellis might have worked, but never got the chance.

Happy Kevin Hayes GIF by Philadelphia Flyers

Yep, Provy looked real good with Niskanen and then everything went south. Even if Provy never became a true first liner he should have been a real good second pair guy. Maybe if we had Torts a few years ago Provy and Sanheim would be for more advanced and Meyers would be an NHL player. He took a stiff like Risto with 7 years of  losing and many bad habits and has improved his play in half a season. He could have molded these other much younger dmen into winners. Risto might be too far gone to ever become a good dman but Torts turned him around into a solid guy, but still grossly overpaid.

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 11:17 AM, RonJeremy said:

I think Provorov is as good as gone, the media will run him outta town.

as far as I know, the media have never been involved with making Flyers transactions. However, in Fletch's case, they would be a better option

• Like 1

Im basically a logical guy who thinks rationally. The flyers are illogical, irrational, irritating and inflicted with dumassedness. Therefore its impossible for me to speculate on anything they might do, or the reasons they may do it. It would be like arguing with a drunk.

I hope they keep Provy and TK. But I know they have to do something, and will. I am conditioned to dread that day.

I think I will leave the speculating to all of you

• Like 1