NYR acquire Tarasenko from St. Louis

Brewin Flames

for real, there is an entire thread in here about it. It happened yesterday early afternoon. Blues got screwed, they got a first round pick, Blais who sucks and an ECJL defensmean who will never ever see an NHL game unless he buys a ticket like the rest of us. Not sure what the blues were thinking, i think they coulda got more.

22 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am hoping this makes the Devils feel the need to add a JVR before the deadline. Not sure for what is return.

There's only one GM who'd think the best response to a division rival adding Tarasenko would be to add JVR...and he already has him.

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

This opens exciting possibilities surrounding what Fletcher will trade the 2nd for...

:hocky:

BINGO!!!

Who cares.

And that is where i am you forgot JVR is gone.

It doesn't even matter anymore....JVR is gone.

All i want to continue to see is them removing the pieces that don't fit.

One move at a time. After that who knows.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

BINGO!!!

Who cares.

And that is where i am you forgot JVR is gone.

It doesn't even matter anymore....JVR is gone.

All i want to continue to see is them removing the pieces that don't fit.

One move at a time. After that who knows.

I care.

Chuck Fletcher is still there. 

It matters cause Chuck Fletcher is still there.

The BIG piece that doesn't fit is Chuck Fletcher.

They can move all the moves they want...if he's making them, they're the wrong moves. 

19 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I care.

Chuck Fletcher is still there. 

It matters cause Chuck Fletcher is still there.

The BIG piece that doesn't fit is Chuck Fletcher.

They can move all the moves they want...if he's making them, they're the wrong moves. 

Knowing Chuck he would rather keep JVR for his playoff push...

:bonkingheadonwall:

• Like 1

Vladimir Tarasenko is off n running already with his new team.
Scores the opening goal against the Kraken en route to NY beating Seattle 6-3.

He was playing on the top line with Panarin (who got the assist on Vlady's goal) and Zibanejad. 

The other guy in the trade, Niko Mikkola, had a less impressive debut. He did his usual hitting, but also took three separate minor penalties (one was a bogus delay of game though), and was a -1 overall on the night.
He seemed set on the third pair most of the game.

Only one game post trade, but if you are NY, you are liking how this is looking already, provided Tarasenko doesn't suddenly "disappear" and Mikkola gets better, not worse, acclimating himself to his new up tempo team.

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

NHL Notebook: Patrick Kane, who hasn’t told the Chicago Blackhawks he wants to be traded, is upset he wasn’t traded to the New York Rangers, new trade targets list and more

alt

He really is a giant douche

• Like 1

Meh...I think the media is overblowing this "Kane is upset" thing over the Tarasenko deal.

All the articles I read, and even the quotes from Kane himself, indicate that yes, it was a bummer for him that he wouldn't be going to NY because the Rangers filled their need for a scoring winger, but, that he also respected the Rangers' decision to make a deal quickly and move on.

Also, the Rangers were just ONE of the teams he'd consider, there are others just as intriguing for him.
The Dallas Stars, the FRONT RUNNING Dallas Stars, are a team that has surfaced as a potential destination as well.

Like him or not, Patrick Kane is one of those players that should thrive no matter what team he will find himself on, and because of his UFA status, he will have the entire off season to contemplate where he will end up...if he doesn't re-sign with whatever team ends up with him this year.