Game 58: Philadelphia Flyers at Calgary Flames; 2/20/23 @ 4 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

28 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

What manager can do such a lousy job, I mean just a terrible job, and have the security this clown has?

Well, it was COVID, and then the injuries, or the injuries, and then COVID and then the injuries, and then I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn’t have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts!

IT'S NOT CHUCK'S FAULT! HE SWEARS TO GOD!

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

"General Manager of the last Flyers club to win a playoff round"

#legendary

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

If Joel doesn't score this game it will be 17 games since his last goal.

Man next GM has a lot of sorting to do!!!!

Farabee is coming off neck surgery that only three or four other athletes have gotten, so we can give him a pass for this season. Sanheim has no excuses for his play, he is just too inconsistent and has not stepped up his offensive abilities, he should be a PP threat and score a lot more than he does.

7 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Farabee is coming off neck surgery that only three or four other athletes have gotten, so we can give him a pass for this season. Sanheim has no excuses for his play, he is just too inconsistent and has not stepped up his offensive abilities, he should be a PP threat and score a lot more than he does.

Could you imagine an offseason where they could trade the following.

Hayes

Provorov

Sanheim

Konecny

Farabee

Risto

Yeah yeah I know I'm dreaming.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hayes

Provorov

Sanheim

Konecny

Farabee

Risto

I think Hayes could go if we picked up 3 million a year of his contract that’s left, he’s had a good season, so someone might be fooled into thinking he’s actually good.

Both Sanheim and Provy have been on other teams radar, so we can definitely trade both but only if the right deals came along. York can replace Sanheim , but in these trades you would have to make sure you get back a high end defenseman prospect to replace Provy. 

Risto has improved but he is still gonna be hard to trade, there’s lots of teams interested in Sanheim and Provy, probably none interested in Risto.  I think he would end up staying because De Angelo has one year left and if he’s not traded , there is no way he is re-signed. You gotta keep a veteran on the back end. Sometimes you have to trade the guys that other teams want, not the guy that you don’t want.

Konecny is having a great year and in two seasons he’s an UFA, if this team still sucks , do you really think he will stick around even if we offer big $$. So his value is very high right now, he’s got two years at 5 million or so. if they want to talk contract extension with Konecny and he decides he wants to play out the contract, then you gotta trade him or risk losing him for nothing.

Farabee is coming off surgery he’s still one of the younger guys and we are weak on left wing. I think he stays.

17 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

York can replace Sanheim

York can replace Ivan.

Zamula can replace Sanheim.

Emil Andrea is the high end talent they have on the way.

What the Flyers need is a stud right hand defenseman.

I think Attard tops out as a top 4 guy.

Maybe on the 2nd pair with York.

And when he arrives Andrea can be your #1 or #2.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hayes

Provorov

Sanheim

Konecny

Farabee

Risto

nothing wrong with dreaming but next time include Ristolainen. Get rid of Hayes and RR and the Flyers automatically become a better team. 

11 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

nothing wrong with dreaming but next time include Ristolainen. Get rid of Hayes and RR and the Flyers automatically become a better team. 

You even quoted me with Risto on the bottom of the list.

Put the bottle down you've had more than enough...

This whole Sanheim issue is the poster for the dysfunction that the Flyers are. Brain dead GM extends player 8 years, Napoleanic coach benches him. Small communication issue up and down the system. Benching #6 was a C U Next Tuesday move by the coach. The guy bought 16 tickets for his junior billets. He could have sat him the game prior or the next night. On a team going nowhere fast it was a dick move. This is why Torts and his dogs move every 3 years. The guy is a dick. Having said that, #6 needs to put on his big boy socks and play through all the periphery ********. He is being paid to be way better than he is playing right now. If he wants to be traded out of this hot mess he needs to show better.

15 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

This is why Torts and his dogs move every 3 years.

Well, he was five years in Columbus where he took the 8th place team in the Metropolitan, got them to the playoffs, won a round, and left as the coach of the...

8th place team in the Central.

🤔

TDA has graded out as the 3rd worst defensive defenseman in the NHL this season. 

That's not really a knock on TDA, it was known throughout the land that defense wasn't really his thing.

But the fact that after surrendering multiple picks including 2023 picks and more money than anyone else was willing to pay him to bring him aboard; is exhibit V for why there need to be changes made to the general management team. 

Sanhiem getting benched in front of his fam and billets is not nice, but if he didn't like that outcome he should be ****** playing better. 

It's not like Tortorella's move should come as a surprise, just like no one should be surprised that TDA is bad at defense.

#6 has been playing badly for 2 weeks. 

He's going to be making a lot of money, he needs to put on the big boy breezers and earn it.

When thinking about this team it's easy to give up hope. 

The Flyers appear to be severely cognitively challenged when it comes to building a winning team/environment.

I don't fault Fonzie for being himself. 

I don't fault TDA for being himself.

I find enormous fault with Chuck Fletcher who seems surprised when the thing that flies, waddles and has a bill; quacks.

dip-****.

Edited by mojo1917