Game 62: New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers; 3/1/23 @ 7:30, TNT

Howie58

Greetings:

The O and B are underdogs (+150).

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/new-york-philadelphia-odds-march-1-2023-1706041

Statistically, there is a big difference (no surprise) with goals for and against.  Neither team is great on faceoffs, but we are worse:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/nyr-vs-phi/2023/03/01/2022020968

We've lost both of the prior matchups this season, one was 1-0, the other 6-3.  Win or lose, I guess the question for this squad is whether it's a respectable effort?

Edited by Howie58

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'll expect one team to be gearing up for the playoffs, and the other following their lazyass leader to yet another BIG L!

Dear FC:

Reflecting over morning coffee, your assessment might apply to much of the last decade. Leadership of the team has been has been spotty at best. 

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

I expect the Rangers will whip the Flyers pretty good tonight. They haven’t been playing so great lately and they’ll be licking their chops going into Philly. Unless Carter plays out of his mind tonight I can’t see the Flyers holding the Rags to less than 4 goals. At least the Rangers/MSG guys are easy to listen to…

Edited by GratefulFlyers

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Gee, we actually scored a PP goal. A miracle. 

I'm calling "good period" for the Flyers coming out tied with the overhyped Rangers.
Especially since NY looked like they were gonna run through Philly after that quick first PP goal.

Good on the Flyers not folding away, playing Torts style persistence, and getting the game tied.
If they can keep Risto off the ice, Philly has a shot here :shifty: 

• Like 1

Flyers played a lot better than I thought they would against a thoroughly loaded Rangers team. Ristolainen deflecting the GWer past Hart was a tough break. Flyers are now 1-10 in games going past regulation.

But hey I heard the GM recently claimed the Flyers were 5th best at something this year. So we got that going for us.

• Haha 2

The invasion of Rags fans says the Flyers season's tickets holders are dwindling faster than we can imagine. Hotels in Philly are a bleep load cheaper than NYC. Yeah, these 99 buck four-packs are a sign of rot. 

Edited by Howie58

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

The invasion of Rags fans says the Flyers season's tickets holders are dwindling faster than we can imagine. Hotels in Philly are a bleep load cheaper in Philly than NYC. Yeah, these 99 buck four-packs are a sign of rot. 

Well if this doesn't send a message nothing ever will...

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

If only some idiot would trade us Barkov for Scott Laughton.  Because all of us (except one) know that's the way it works!

Better yet….. why not just sign another top 35+ FA contract to put us in deeper cap hell….. Let’s really be financially irresponsible and sign Patrick Kane (RW), age: 34, current cap hit: $10.5 million for 3 or 4 years.  (Sarcasm font)

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well if this doesn't send a message nothing ever will...

Occ:  I wonder if the Flyers Command Staff has the sense to understand what that cheering meant, symbolically or substantively?  Seriously.  The TNT broadcasters did, but they may have more brains or common staff.  BTW, there were boos during the inept PPs as well.  

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Occ:  I wonder if the Flyers Command Staff has the sense to understand what that cheering meant, symbolically or substantively?  Seriously.  The TNT broadcasters did, but they may have more brains or common staff.  BTW, there were boos during the inept PPs as well.  

Who knows maybe they don't GAF because their money is green too.

Seems as long as the seats are filled they don't care by who.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

We have become the Washington Capitals circa 1996-Ovechkin.    It reminds me of a group of us going to the Cap Centre because tickets were impossible in Philly.  I started out thinking it was the proximity to Philly that made the Caps diehards outnumbered.  Until I went to a Caps/Avs game and they were still outnumbered.

As a Philly fan, I was actually embarrassed for them despite my despising anything Capitals.   It was probably a 4 or 5-to-1 ratio visiting fans vs. home.  I mean, the Caps were booed when they came out in warm-ups.       Your post reminds me of that.  It's sickening.

• Uggh... 1