Mandatory rules changes that have to happen or else...

aziz

On 3/7/2023 at 7:42 PM, aziz said:

I don't care -and neither should the league- that you can dangle like a crazy person while under zero pressure.  Get rid of that crap.

Amen. The rule says you have to maintain forward motion. Evidently they've interpreted that as 1cm per second qualifies as forward motion. It's stupid and corny. Any idea that rids the game of that nonsense is a good idea.

13 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

Same about music.  I hate hearing people complain about how music used to be better.  No, you used to be better, now you're just old.

I don't know about that. We're talking about the music you're likely to hear at the Corporate Arena? Some may argue that the spread of autotune is perfectly fine. To me it's another step toward banality in the arts. Even "live" performances can use autotune - it's not just for recording. Does that mean Rhianna etc. has an inferior voice compared to singers who don't use it? Not necessarily. But her audience has been "trained" to expect perfect pitch on every sung note so that now anything short of that sounds like a mistake, something wrong. To me that's a shame. It makes today's music (pop music) bland and predictable, i.e. worse. Obviously there are plenty of artists not using autotune but you probably won't hear them at the Wells Fargo Center, not unless they're playing some classic rock. Philly does love its classic rock...

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Amen. The rule says you have to maintain forward motion. Evidently they've interpreted that as 1cm per second qualifies as forward motion. It's stupid and corny. Any idea that rids the game of that nonsense is a good idea.

I don't know about that. We're talking about the music you're likely to hear at the Corporate Arena? Some may argue that the spread of autotune is perfectly fine. To me it's another step toward banality in the arts. Even "live" performances can use autotune - it's not just for recording. Does that mean Rhianna etc. has an inferior voice compared to singers who don't use it? Not necessarily. But her audience has been "trained" to expect perfect pitch on every sung note so that now anything short of that sounds like a mistake, something wrong. To me that's a shame. It makes today's music (pop music) bland and predictable, i.e. worse. Obviously there are probably millions of examples of artists not using autotune. You probably won't hear them at the Wells Fargo Center unless they're playing some classic rock.

Todays music is a gimmick, it's costume changes, dancing ,etc the so called music is secondary . 

Rhianna is a total douche, grabbing her smelly clam and sniffing her fingers during the half time show.  In the old days the music did the talking,  outrageous antics were not needed. Todays brain dead,.dumbed down  A.D.D. society can't pay attention and listen to music. They have done the same at the Flyers games with the deafening bad music at every stoppage, the moron banging a drum and yelling let's go flyers, the ice girls, gritty and all the between period gimmicks.  Because the hockey sucks they have to create distractions ,same thing with lame music.

There is more music out there than you can listen to in 5 lifetimes.  I'm always finding new (to me) music.  Like what you want to like, just don't make objective statements about subjective tastes.

I listen to a lot of jazz and there is a ton of cool new jazz being made by younger people.

By the way, I have to laugh at listing Billy Joel and the Eagles as some great old groups.  Talk about lame music made by terrible people.

image.png.f2840e81c6fe2745eced6e595d7a5328.png

Edited by SCFlyguy

On 3/8/2023 at 1:16 PM, MaineFlyFan said:

Can we make a rule that says after 3 BONEHEAD moves, the fanbase is allowed to chase the GM, naked, tarred, and feathered, down whatever street the arena sits on..... till they catch him? :)

I just tore open two pillows..... anyone on this board got access to say a 50 gallon drum of industrial grade adhesive? If so, meet me outside the offices in Vorrhes in 3....2.....

5 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

There is more music out there than you can listen to in 5 lifetimes.  I'm always finding new (to me) music.  Like what you want to like, just don't make objective statements about subjective tastes.

I listen to a lot of jazz and there is a ton of cool new jazz being made by younger people.

By the way, I have to laugh at listing Billy Joel and the Eagles as some great old groups.  Talk about lame music made by terrible people.

image.png.f2840e81c6fe2745eced6e595d7a5328.png

Well, if you have no taste that's not my problem. I'm naming some of the most prolific song writers and lyricists of all time. If they are not your style of music,  that's fine. You can't deny their talent. 

Music is subjective as far as what people's tastes are, but being skilled on an instrument and writing meaningful lyrics are not subjective, I don't necessarily love Frank Sinatra but I have to admit he's a good singer, I hate Bob Dylan but he's a great lyricist, thats not subjective. 

Sure there is great jazz and blues but I'm talking about rock and lyricists, song writers not instrumentals. "Lame music by terrible people"? What a lame statement, since when is a rock star supposed to be a good person.  When you can play piano like Billy Joel and sing like Don Henley let me know.

10 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

grabbing her smelly clam and sniffing her fingers during the half time show. 

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I never imagined girls were grabbing their crotch too. I thought it was stupid and disgusting when all the boy bands were doing it. I never thought the Super Bowl would feature a girl doing that same infantile crap. There's nothing wrong with sexuality in pop music obviously. It's always part of what makes it popular. But have a little class about it, a little self-respect.

The floating stages were impressive though. From an engineering POV that took some brilliant work.

to each his own. just like everyone is entitled to their opinion (as this thread is demonstrating), they are also entitled to like what they like. If today's type of music is what they prefer, so be it. And people can like different stuff without it being a referendum on their character or manhood. For example, I took my wife to see Wicked. The singers were amazing. If a die hard classic rock aficionado thinks that makes me a pu--y, that person can eat schidt for all I care. I do think a lot of todays stuff lacks appeal. Even more so in movies. But if my kid likes it I'm not going to tell him its garbage

So, here's my question, are there any more cool ideas for hockey rule changes? I was looking forward to reading some cool stuff

IMHO the biggest change is juniors have too much power. I believe if a team drafts a player they should have the right to send them to the AHL to learn their teams system. Honestly most players would be returned to juniors anyway likely only a player or two at most per team would be affected. I think it is absurd that if you draft a usa born player or a Euro you can have them gaining valuable experience in your organization but different rules for our friends up north. Juniors is too powerful and like I said it would not affect very many players, hell most usa and euro players either go to college or play their trade back home. Most but not all there is absolutely no reason Canada should have control. I have heard the argument that juniors would collapse if their best players went to the AHL it is a BS argument, NBA and NFL have allowed players in early for decades and college football and basketball flourish. 

• Like 1

@yave1964

I have thought one exception per team re: the 19 year old rule would be a decent middle path.

Sometimes guys learn bad habits when they are physically superior to their peers/ a team that is investing dollars, time and coaching on a kid ought to have a say in the kid's development.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, blocker said:

Still hanging on.  

Greetings, Sir!

Good to hear!   

(don't tell Mojo.  I have him convinced that I have no soul.   It really wasn't a hard sell)

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I never imagined girls were grabbing their crotch too. I thought it was stupid and disgusting when all the boy bands were doing it. I never thought the Super Bowl would feature a girl doing that same infantile crap. There's nothing wrong with sexuality in pop music obviously. It's always part of what makes it popular. But have a little class about it, a little self-respect.

The floating stages were impressive though. From an engineering POV that took some brilliant work.

If she wanted to be real creative after grabbing herself she should have let the audience sniff her fingers instead of doing it herself.