NHL 2022-23 Stanley Cup Finals - Vegas (P1) vs. Florida (WC) (Vegas wins Stanley Cup 4-1)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Stanley Cup Finals - Vegas (P1) vs. Florida (WC)   

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Stanley Cup?

• Knights sweep in 4
    • Knights in 5
    • Knights in 6
    • Knights in 7
    • Panthers sweep in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

and now Hill has become a Wall. Unreal. The Panthers better start doing what Vegas did to Bob - multiple bodies in front otherwise this is a G2 shutout. Still hoping for Panthers in 7.

I agree. It seems Hill is a crucial factor at this moment for these finals. And now is 0:6 so far for Panthers in 2 Stanley Cup finals appearances. I was hoping for Panthers too, but my hope is draining away quickly with each game. Hope they will do better on their home ice. Kind of skeptical already.

• Good Post 1

12 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Sure, Vegas looks better; they should. They have almost $10M more on their roster than the Panthers. The league could fix this problem so easily. Yes, you need black aces around for the playoffs, but you should still be required to dress a roster which complies with the cap. But no, they're insistent on doing this, so once again, the team which is best able to cheese the cap has the best chance to win the Cup.

While I totally agree it is a dumb rule that shouldn't be there, every team are playing under the same regime and can take advantage of it. Eichel revealed himself as hell of a player but Vegas' key factors are the Carriers, the Karlssons, the Roys, all these swiss-knife-type of players that are built for the playoffs and do not collect the highest paychecks. I'm astonished to see how smart are those players: Smith and Karlsson have one of the highest hockey-IQ in the League.

If the Golden Knights win the Cup, we'll see if Eichel will wear a $10M over the Cap shirt like Kucherov wore in 2021. It was so cocky but I loved it.

Florida taken behind the woodshed in the first two games, the Knights have held serve if a person is wearing Red colored sunglasses.

Florida needs to play better or this will be over quickly.

I find that surprising. 

8 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Hope they will do better on their home ice. Kind of skeptical already.

Same here. I still hope they can make it interesting but the skepticism has overtaken it now. Two straight games where Vegas completely outplayed them but I want to believe FL can turn it around. Barkov needs to score. Verhaeghe too. Montour and the D need to be way more involved, active in the O zone. And Bobrovsky - I assume it’ll be Bob - has to have his A+ game. I don’t think it’s for lack of trying, Vegas is smothering everything before it gets started. But they all need to find another gear.

The Panthers are unofficially on the brink now and if they don’t step up it’ll be official after G3. 

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

WTF has Aleksander Barkov??? been talk about a no show.

He hasn't scored a goal in 2 weeks.

He only scored 2 vs Canes.

1 vs Leafs

And 1 vs Boston talk about absentee star.

He wouldn’t be the first

The shots are only 16-10 in favor of the Golden Knights, but Bob has been humungous with some tremendous saves, especially in the second period to keep Florida in tied. The Panthers need to maintain their discipline, that has been lacking at times in this series.

Edited by FD19372

22 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Panthers need to maintain their discipline

Stupid unnecessary leg-on-leg trip by Duclair leads to 1st period PPG for Vegas.  Stupid slash breaking Vegas stick very late in 2nd could lead to a 3rd Vegas PPG and 2-goal cushion once the third period starts.  Know soon.

Can’t take these stupid penalties, Florida, you’re on the brink here.

• Good Post 1