Kevin Hayes Simply HAS to go. Briere, make it so.

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Before the end of the weekend i hope.

I will believe it when I see it…. 
Remember … everyone had Hart traded to Edmonton….. see how that worked out 

19 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Remember … everyone had Hart traded to Edmonton….. see how that worked out

The Canada investigation is what foiled that and from what I read could reconvene if a decision is announced soon.

• Thanks 1

On 6/21/2023 at 5:18 PM, GrittyForever said:

Alright, tell me the hypothetical deal? 

10-1 if you were GM, with this attitude, you'd end up stuck with him much like Fletcher left JVR behind (which just boggles the mind still). 

IF Hayes had the "value" you suggest, we wouldn't want him gone so badly. 

I just don't care about "winning" the trade, I just want him GONE.

shoo-get-out.gif

I can’t help you

that’s as low as I’ll go. If you want to continue the conversation with me please leave out the name-calling. 

Edited by pilldoc
try to stay on topic without the name calling

On 6/20/2023 at 6:04 PM, radoran said:

Retain half, get a 2nd or 3rd and maybe a future 6/7 or performance driven return.

Retain less, get less.

Sure if the Flyers are getting picks back that’s one thing. All my “half is too much” is based on no additional assets being moved either way. Obviously there are many different deals that can be dreamed up. As long as Briere begins with the premise that Hayes is worth more than $3.5mil/year and sticks to it he’ll get a good deal for the Flyers. 

4 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Time to get a third team involved. 

Remember not too long ago, when good to really good players were wanting to come to the Flyers? Sad. I hope they can get something done.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

All my “half is too much” is based on no additional assets being moved either way.

Nashville literally just ate half of Johansen - MORE than Hayes - and got the rights to Alex Galchenyuk.

Good enough for you?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

Remember not too long ago, when good to really good players were wanting to come to the Flyers? Sad. I hope they can get something done.

An older guy who doesn't want to go to a rebuild likely. Hopefully they can find a way to send him somewhere for something and make it happen. 

• Like 2

I'll got with pending UFA (after next season) Marco Scandella not wanting to be moved...

Third team might find nice landing spots for players.

Edited by radoran

32 minutes ago, radoran said:

I'll got with pending UFA (after next season) Marco Scandella not wanting to be moved...

Third team might find nice landing spots for players.

I agree and hope you're right i seen something about Krug and i nearly vomited..

...he has like 4 more years at 6.5 mill - that wouldn't make sense....and piss me off.

26 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

So..who the h@ll is Louie Belpedio, and why did the Flyers sign him to a two-year, two-way, $1.55 million contract at an AAV of $775,000 ?

A little right hand shot who actually ain't too damn bad one of the better Phantom D men we have had in a long time...can actually play. But a Phantom none the less.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree and hope you're right i seen something about Krug and i nearly vomited..

...he has like 4 more years at 6.5 mill - that wouldn't make sense....and piss me off.

I heard it's Krug as well. I wouldn't hate this as much as you though. Anything to get rid of Hayes right? Krug's better than DeAngelo and is a pretty decent point guy for the PP but no, not my first choice by any stretch. 

Still, if it gets rid of Hayes.......................

(all moot since he doesn't want to be here)

7 hours ago, FD19372 said:

So..who the h@ll is Louie Belpedio, and why did the Flyers sign him to a two-year, two-way, $1.55 million contract at an AAV of $775,000 ?

Heh.
The gift of Chuck Fletcher that keeps on giving!

Former draft pick of ol Chuck back in his Wild days who undoubtedly was signed to Lehigh due to his Wild connections with the now former GM of both the Wild and Flyers.

To be fair, there are worse defensemen than Belpedio, however, he is almost assuredly pure AHL personnel.
Plays decently enough at that level...NHL, ehhhh, not so much.

9 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Chuck Fletchers greatest acquisition...not that he's any good. Just because he didn't cost us a fist full of draft picks, wasn't signed to some ridiculously long contract, and doesn't have a career ending injury. 

10 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

I wouldn't hate this as much as you though.

It wouldn't be the end of the world but Krug is worse than Sanheim so why would the Blues NOT want to get rid of this bum...and no other playoff team is going to want Krug either...i knew this was to good to be true...

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It wouldn't be the end of the world but Krug is worse than Sanheim so why would the Blues NOT want to get rid of this bum...and no other playoff team is going to want Krug either...i knew this was to good to be true...

I don’t know if he’s “worse than Sanheim” but he’s exactly what the Flyers don’t need, an expensive 32-year old with multiple years remaining on his contract. 

Anyway I’m not sure it’s such a great idea jettisoning Sanheim. Obviously if you’re going to do it now’s the time before his new contract kicks in. But he’s too good of an “extra” to throw in just to get a Hayes deal done. There are better choices on the Flyers’ roster if another player must be included.

• Like 1