Michkov Updates .......

pilldoc

Since Mitchkov is the most highly touted Flyers prospect in decades .... I thought it be prudent to have one thread for all updates and game recaps ...... 

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/09/21/matvei-michkov-scores-twice-including-game-winner-philadelphia-flyers-sochi-olympics-prospect-2023-draft/

Matvei Michkov Scores Twice, Including Game-Winner....

Matvei Michkov found the back of the net — twice. The Philadelphia Flyers’ top prospect scored his first two goals for HC Sochi on Thursday, including the game-winner with 49 seconds to play.

Sochi defeated Chelyabinsk Traktor, 4-3. Michkov, the Flyers’ first-round draft pick in June, scored his team’s second and fourth goals. 

Since Michkov was loaned to Sochi from CKA St. Petersburg, he has taken regular shifts and has shown the kind of talent that made him one of the top prospects in the 2023 NHL Draft.

Michkov has two goals and three assists in four games for Sochi. He is a plus-3.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Thank goodness he was able to get away from CSKA Moscow. At least now he’s getting regular shifts and enough ice time to keep developing his game. But god only knows if he’ll ever make it to the NHL. 

Not to mention he has a real hockey coach. It may be his first year as a head coach, but at least he knows what hockey is.

Yeah Rotenberg (the name says it all) - son of one of Putin’s billionaire friends…that’s the sum total of his qualifications to run the KHL’s wealthiest team.

Although Rotenberg has never played or coached professional ice hockey, last September the 40-year-old told the sports channel Match TV that he’d watched 800 hockey games since 2014 and considers this to be “serious experience.”

34 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yeah Rotenberg (the name says it all) - son of one of Putin’s billionaire friends…that’s the sum total of his qualifications to run the KHL’s wealthiest team.

And I stayed at a Holiday Express last night .... ;) 

• Like 3

7 points in 7 games with Sochi. Looking good.

Although, somebody please explain the KHL for me. Everyone (including my self) is raving about his 9 goals and 20 points in 27 games last season. But Riley Barber and Jordan Weak are topping the KHL stats with 16-18 points in 12 games....even Ryan spooner is a point pr. Game player over there.

Shouldn't Michkov be better (offensively) than them?

5 hours ago, ctid said:

Everyone (including my self) is raving about his 9 goals and 20 points in 27 games last season. But Riley Barber and Jordan Weak are topping the KHL stats with 16-18 points in 12 games

It's more so because he was 18 years old.

The guys you talking about is more like comparing Dak Prescott now to a freshman in college. 

Maturity and experience you can not just teach. MM is still a kid. 

• Like 3

On 9/25/2023 at 12:11 PM, GratefulFlyers said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....he said he watched some hockey games on TV! 

At least he's not GM like the clown we had last, who got hired the same way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

Michkov's got superstar written all over him. He's so good and he's making Rotenberg look like a fool. Now watch next season when Rotenberg tries to make him look bad again and Rotenberg mysteriously "disappears" from the KHL. It's too bad though that Michkov won't get to play in the WJC. Kid did nothing wrong other than his nationality and he and his cohorts who would be on the team are being made to pay for it. I hate the IIHF some times......

Matvei Michkov on Sochi HC:
     8 Games
— 4 Goals
— 6 Assists
— 10 Points
— 1.25 Pts/Game (3rd in entire KHL)
— 33 Shots
— +5
— 9 Hits
— 6 Blocks
— On pace for the best point total from a D+1 player in KHL history 7th Overall Pick from 3 months ago.

Rotenberg = pure genius.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Good Post 1

On 10/1/2023 at 12:58 PM, ctid said:

7 points in 7 games with Sochi. Looking good.

Although, somebody please explain the KHL for me. Everyone (including my self) is raving about his 9 goals and 20 points in 27 games last season. But Riley Barber and Jordan Weak are topping the KHL stats with 16-18 points in 12 games....even Ryan spooner is a point pr. Game player over there.

Shouldn't Michkov be better (offensively) than them?

Patrick Thoreson (the one testicle wonder) had 5 assists for the Flyers in 21 games. The next year he signed with the KHL and finished top 3 with 71 pts in 55 games. In 7 years with the KHL (5 of them with St.Petersburg) he was well over a point a game = crap league. 

10 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Patrick Thoreson (the one testicle wonder) had 5 assists for the Flyers in 21 games. The next year he signed with the KHL and finished top 3 with 71 pts in 55 games. In 7 years with the KHL (5 of them with St.Petersburg) he was well over a point a game = crap league. 

The KHL is also a notoriously tough league in terms of developing young players. Thoreson went there as a 26 year old and they gave him all the ice time in the world. Kirill Kaprizov was there until he was 23 and he didn't have a point per game season until his final year there. Context and usage are everything. Michkov is going to be ok.

23 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The KHL is also a notoriously tough league in terms of developing young players. Thoreson went there as a 26 year old and they gave him all the ice time in the world. Kirill Kaprizov was there until he was 23 and he didn't have a point per game season until his final year there. Context and usage are everything. Michkov is going to be ok.

I'm aware the KHL is tough on youngsters...just saying, if Patrick Thorson is an elite player over there...well that speaks to the weakness of the K.