Game 13: Philadelphia Flyers at San Jose Sharks; 11/7/23 @ 10:30 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Couturier is back in, Frost sits. No surprise Frost is scratched. 6 games, 15+ mins a night, zero points. That might be tolerable from a 4th line center but a top 6 not so much.

edit - unfortunately neither Couturier nor Frost has been able to get their wingers going. Tippet has 2g4a and Foerster 0g2a. For now who cares but eventually the Flyers will need more talent at center.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Couturier is back in, Frost sits. No surprise Frost is scratched. 6 games, 15+ mins a night, zero points. That might be tolerable from a 4th line center but a top 6 not so much.

edit - unfortunately neither Couturier nor Frost has been able to get their wingers going. Tippet has 2g4a and Foerster 0g2a. For now who cares but eventually the Flyers will need more talent at center.

Feels like Frost is now being punished for his wingers not being able to find the back of the net.

Big trade coming?????

Carter Hart

Morgan Frost

to Oilers for what?????

Hart is still out injured so I guess he can’t be traded. Frost…anytime is fine by me.

But why are we trading Hart again (again)? The Oilers waived Campbell but they’re not going to part with any of their best for Carter Hart. They’re in Win Now mode as usual and won’t be giving up any “name” players. Now if you’re interested in the return of Sam Gagner I’m sure they’ll talk.

btw Couturier couldn’t jumpstart those same wingers so I doubt Frost is getting blamed for Tippett and Foerster. Personally I’m not bothered by their slow starts they’ll get it going eventually.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Caps after 12 games were 1-11. 

The all time record for most losses to start a year which the Sharks have tied is 11, set in 1943-44 by the rangers. No other team has ever went more than 8 games to start a year without a victory. The rangers actually had an excuse, it was the war years and their roster was depleted as players joined the military. Different world.

Yes it was a different world. May have been a better world? 

Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Hart is still out injured so I guess he can’t be traded.

I think you can trade injured players you can't trade them on IR during the season (and i could be wrong).

Besides he is about ready he traveled with the team....

Well, this game is a must watch for me. Which will win out: the Sharks drive into the record books, or the Flyers ability to disappoint at just the right moments? I'm sure we're going to see some very fascinating flubs this game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Feels like Frost is now being punished for his wingers not being able to find the back of the net.

Big trade coming?????

Carter Hart

Morgan Frost

to Oilers for what?????

How about the following trade:

To EDM:

Carter Hart

Morgan Frost

To PHILLY:

Jack Campbell

Philip Broberg

Edm's 2024 1st round pick

Edm's 2026 2nd round pick

Campbell will guarantee Flyers losses for this year and next year for sure. Broberg is a 22 year old LD. The picks are Carter Hart and taking on Campbell's contract.

Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

To EDM:

Carter Hart

Morgan Frost

To PHILLY:

Jack Campbell

Philip Broberg

Campbell will guarantee Flyers losses for this year and next year for sure. Broberg is a 22 year old LD. The picks are Carter Hart and taking on Campbell's contract.

Thoughts?

I wonder if they persuade them to throw Carter Savoie in too??

Be able to reunite former Denver National title teammates with Brink and Rizzo in the fold too.

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wonder if they persuade them to throw Carter Savoie in too??

Be able to reunite former Denver National title teammates with Brink and Rizzo in the fold too.

Maybe but I think if Savoie is part of the trade then Edmonton would probably want a young player going back their way.

16 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Maybe but I think if Savoie is part of the trade then Edmonton would probably want a young player going back their way.

Would you swap Savoie in for Broberg?

Don't know a whole about Broberg's game other than what i have read and with them really in need of defense too why would they trade him really??

Unless they know he isn't going to be a top 4 D man.

Anyways, the Sharks did less terrible than I feared, actually ending the first period not only not giving up six goals but being ahead by one. It's a tenuous lead though, as the Flyers are outshooting them by a lot and they're bound to get some through eventually. It'll be an interesting one

6 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Caps after 12 games were 1-11. 

The all time record for most losses to start a year which the Sharks have tied is 11, set in 1943-44 by the rangers. No other team has ever went more than 8 games to start a year without a victory. The rangers actually had an excuse, it was the war years and their roster was depleted as players joined the military. Different world.

Yes it was a different world. May have been a better world? 

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I would put a waiver claim in for Jack Campbell.  Then trade Cal Peterson and Frost to Edmonton for some draft picks.

I like that idea. Frost has been underwhelming but he’s still (almost) young enough to imagine and hope that anything is still possible…Petersen is a dud and if we can get a late-rounder for him that’s an upgrade.

2 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

To EDM:

Carter Hart

Morgan Frost

To PHILLY:

Jack Campbell

Philip Broberg

Thoughts?

Hart won’t fetch a 1R pick…and I see no point in trading him unless you could swing a 1R pick for him. But it won’t happen. An “elite” goalie for a team that needs goaltending, maybe, but Hart’s numbers are from “elite.”