Game 13: Philadelphia Flyers at San Jose Sharks; 11/7/23 @ 10:30 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We are the overwhelming favorites (-256).  But you wonder if this is another trap game?  We are 2-7 versus SJ over the last nine, and 3-13 in our last 16 road games. 

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-san-jose-odds-november-7-2023-2016534

San Jose has the worst overall offense, but their PP is middling and they are much better face-off team than the O and B:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-san-jose-odds-november-7-2023-2016534

Lateness aside, I may sit this out.  This one could get upsetting if we repeat our LA performance.

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'm getting ahead of this for betting purposes.

Flyers 1

Sharks 10

You heard it here first.

More news at 11

I've always said you're one of the smarter people here. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

We are the overwhelming favorites (-256).  But you wonder if this is another trap game?  We are 2-7 versus SJ over the last nine, and 3-13 in our last 16 road games. 

San Jose has the worst overall offense, but their PP is middling and they are much better face-off team than the O and B:

Lateness aside, I may sit this out.  This one could get upsetting if we repeat our LA performance.

Think you guys will hang 10?  😂 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Rick said:

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Rick said:

Sometimes these West Coast gigs have led to bonding and good play.  If memory serves, we play well the first game or two, then begin to sour, and the last one shows a combination of fatigue and limited talent.  

I might ask which team shows?  The one that beat Buffalo 5-1, or the one that looked dazed and confused and lost 5-0 against LA?  That is a toughie.  And it may reflect a young team going through growing pains, as well as being an offensively challenged squad that can only win via tight checking and great goaltending.   

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Sometimes these West Coast gigs have led to bonding and good play.  If memory serves, we play well the first game or two, then begin to sour, and the last one shows a combination of fatigue and limited talent.  

I might ask which team shows?  The one that beat Buffalo 5-1, or the one that looked dazed and confused and lost 5-0 against LA?  That is a toughie.  And it may reflect a young team going through growing pains, as well as being an offensively challenged squad that can only win via tight checking and great goaltending.   

I usually worry about East coast teams first game or two on West trip, jet lag.  It’s a long day , seems  endless as you go some that it’s 3 hours earlier.  

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah, this is a trap game.  If we are angry over our performance against LA and not too jet-lagged (per Buffalo Rick), maybe we continue SJ's losing streak.  Otherwise, a battle of the marginally competent versus the totally incompetent.  

If San Jose loses they break the all time record for most losses to begin a season. 

Honestly I don't know who's under the most pressure, the sharks certainly don't want that ignominy but the flyers certainly don't want to be the first team to lose to them 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, yave1964 said:

If San Jose loses they break the all time record for most losses to begin a season. 

Honestly I don't know who's under the most pressure, the sharks certainly don't want that ignominy but the flyers certainly don't want to be the first team to lose to them 

Losing streak breaking?

Bro sit back watch that's what they do helping all teams off their streaks since 2011 because they are the nice guys.

🥳

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Assuming it's a Flyers' record they'll be breaking???

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

😵‍💫

Well I guess the writing is on the wall, the Flyers will be the first NHL team to lose to the Sharks. This will help with the Flyers rebuild! All part of Briere's master plan. What's the over/under on when Briere ends up trading Hart?

• Haha 1

Just now, Lindbergh31 said:

Well I guess the writing is on the wall, the Flyers will be the first NHL team to lose to the Sharks. This will help with the Flyers rebuild! All part of Briere's master plan. What's the over/under on when Briere ends up trading Hart?

Yeah seen whisper starting back up of Hart to the Oilers again.

If they move him it should be a lock for the Flyers to at least slide into the top 5.

20 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Yeah, this is a trap game.  If we are angry over our performance against LA and not too jet-lagged (per Buffalo Rick), maybe we continue SJ's losing streak.  Otherwise, a battle of the marginally competent versus the totally incompetent.  

I bet the Flyers and laid 1.5 on a bunch of parlays.  

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah seen whisper starting back up of Hart to the Oilers again.

If they move him it should be a lock for the Flyers to at least slide into the top 5.

That's what I was thinking, the Oilers need to make a big change in goaltending, so Hart going to the Oilers would make sense. I believe it's Holland's last year anyways so he won't give a **** about the Oilers future picks he wants to win now. Besides Hart is an Alberta boy and probably would love to play for the Oilers. So I guess we'll see what happens. Besides if the Flyers end up taking back Campbell as part of the deal it would guarantee lots of loses with him in the Flyers net.

Edited by Lindbergh31

14 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

That's what I was thinking, the Oilers need to make a big change in goaltending, so Hart going to the Oilers would make sense. I believe it's Holland's last year anyways so he won't give a **** about the Oilers future picks he wants to win now. Besides Hart is an Alberta boy and probably would love to play for the Oilers. So I guess we'll see what happens. Besides if the Flyers end up taking back Campbell as part of the deal it would guarantee lots of loses with him in the Flyers net.

per Elliotte Friedman

Edmonton will be putting Jack Campbell on waivers today. 

Stay tuned...

4 hours ago, notfondajane said:

What was the 74/75 Capitals record? Part b after 12 games?

Caps after 12 games were 1-11. 

The all time record for most losses to start a year which the Sharks have tied is 11, set in 1943-44 by the rangers. No other team has ever went more than 8 games to start a year without a victory. The rangers actually had an excuse, it was the war years and their roster was depleted as players joined the military. Different world.