Game 45: Dallas Stars at Philadelphia Flyers; 1/18/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

Dallas is the favorite (-150) and has gone 8-1-1 against us over the last 10, almost doubling our goal production and holding us to under two goals on average:

https://statsalt.com/games/nhl/1-18-2024/dallas-stars-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-4222/

Both teams are playing good hockey of late.  Dallas is an excellent road team:

Flyers try to keep win streak alive, host the Stars | FOX Sports

We lost our first matchup 5-4 in OT with Sam in goal.  We have improved a lot since then.  This should be a good game against a team that can push us around given their size.  

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 2

On 1/17/2024 at 10:47 AM, Howie58 said:

Dallas is an excellent road team:

They sure are and the Flyers are just beginning to establish a home ice advantage. They’re a long way from the Spectrum days and that’s probably an unattainable goal since the rink isn’t the same, the seats are further away more suits and suites etc. but I hope and expect they’ll keep getting closer to it. Should be a great game!

Finally, a game at a decent time, I love when the Stars plays on the East Coast.

DeBoer recently broke up the Robertson-Pavelski-Hintz line with quite a good success. Johnston has been promoted to the first line, replacing Paveski who now plays with Benn and Steel on the third unit. Take a look at Marchment: he's the only known player to be able to high-elbow himself and have a gravity center outside his body.

• Haha 1

Ok now it looks like Drysdale is playing

Damn will he ever pass Ryan Ellis games played as a Flyer?

I will check it out once I get home from work maybe.

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo

Flyers are outplaying the Stars in every facet of the game winning FOs, board battles loose pucks etc. Cates looks good again 2nd game back from injury. Good stuff Flyers! And Ersson….put to sleep, Stars with 1 shot on goal until the SH chances in the 2nd. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team go 25 minutes with 1 SOG.

edit spoke too soon, FO win Segin good shot right past Ersson…Flyers looking a little sloppy all of a sudden.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

Laughton value goes up loving this tonight...

4-1 Flyers

...i know there are going to be many fans losing their sh it when Danny blows it up and sells off pieces like some organ donor but he has a club to rebuild and he has some good pieces and he needs more.

I hope he takes advantage to good stock prices sell while their at their highest...business nothing more

• Like 2

That's a damn good team, even without Heiskanen, that they just outshot 43-16 and beat soundly, 5-1. The Flyers are playing very good hockey.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The last 3 games have been the best hockey I've seen the Flyers play in 6 years.

Just dominant against "good" teams. 

Its been fun.

Don't be fooled it's a rebuild stay focused listen to Torts he knows what he is saying stay the course...sell sell sell

• Haha 1

I expected a loss. This team is.working hard. We will have subtraction by March 8. But it may not matter much. They will compete. It's fun to watch. For a long time, it's been deplorable.

• Like 2