Game 47: Ottawa Senators at Philadelphia Flyers; 1/21/24 @ 1 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

I'm seeing the Flyers as favorites (-133) as the betting line opens:

https://www.sportsline.com/nhl/game-forecast/NHL_20240121_OTT@PHI/

Statistically, Ottawa scores a bunch but surrenders a lot too:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/ott-vs-phi/2024/01/21/2023020718

Their PP is almost as anemic as ours.  

Historically, this has been a "home" series.  However, we are on a three-game losing streak including a 5-2 loss way back in October.

On the one hand, we are facing a back-to-back.  On the other, they want to get the COL loss out of the system.  I tried to find stats on our matinee game history.  My gut says this isn't a good slot for us.  

For me today is a character game.

It would be easy to let down after skating with but getting a whuppin' from the Avalanche. 

I reckon yesterday was exhibit A for the "talent gap" argument. 

NATHAN MACKINNON  is one of one, I can't wait for the Flyers player like him to immigrate from mother Russia.

I expect Claude to score a highlight reel goal, I also expect Garnet Hathaway to run his ginger ass at some point.

I'll be interested to see how the boys react. I think if the Flyers win this one- my suspicion that they actually are decent will be 95% confirmed. 

Edited by mojo1917

4 hours ago, Samifan said:

What period does Giroux score the obligatory goal all former Flyers are required to do every time they play against the Flyers?

Goal?? He'll get a hat trick today.

• Haha 2

Farabee looks good. Jacques Martin looks emotionless, almost like the walking dead. But we take a stupid penalty to give Ottawa a chance when we should be breaking it open!

We look discombobulated.  It is not pretty to watch. JJ and Boosh note their bottom six is working. Then G scores. It's strange, we were favorites. But we're being outshot and outhustled.

7 hours ago, Samifan said:

What period does Giroux score the obligatory goal all former Flyers are required to do every time they play against the Flyers?

Apparently the 3rd...😡

Tough one today the Flyers' skaters used a ton of energy against the Avs yesterday it looks like it took a toll. Flyers transition game is their bread n butter this season but the passes aren't crisp today. Give the Sens credit they're grinding it out hard and taking advantage of the Flyers' slop.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1