What's Konecny's value? contract or trade

57 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

with Benn being the futures

can you do that, specify a certain player…or did I miss the joke?

they say ignorance is bliss, not this time…one of these years I’ll learn me some contract / trade rules.

51 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

can you do that, specify a certain player…or did I miss the joke?

they say ignorance is bliss, not this time…one of these years I’ll learn me some contract / trade rules.

Legally...no. Pretty sure the wink nod goes on here.....after all, although no specific future prize has been settled on...they both know within reason...approximately what the future can be. That can be ballpark...picks, prospects, players.. cap space etc. 

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

Pretty sure the wink nod goes on here.....after all, although no specific future prize has been settled on...they both know within reason...approximately what the future can be.

ah of course the old unspoken contract deal…sure and it wouldn’t take much reading between the lines by both sides to understand who wants want, what they expect. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 11:25 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Well TK is asking for 10 per year and if i am GM i am telling him to pack his bags...even 9 mill is too much in my rebuild plans.

TK will be 27 next month and if he is making 9-10 mill at 35 well they will not have learned a goddamn thing.

He is your biggest trade piece and should be moved as such if you don't agree then we'll just have to agree your idea of a rebuild and my idea of a rebuild do not align one bit...and i don't want to here shat about the cap going up and making it look not so bad in a few years that would be total bull sh it!!!

We had to suffer for years with ridiculous and stupid contracts to JVR, and Voracek, to name a few. I'm not willing to give TK 10 million per year, especially if the contract is for anything more, than a 4 year deal.

• Like 1

We should kill this sillyass rumor here and now: Travis Konecny is not getting a $10mil AAV contract offer, not from the Flyers not from any GM anywhere. Even on a 1-year deal they’d laugh him and his agent out of the room.

Now if Fletcher was still GM…

4 hours ago, FD19372 said:

We had to suffer for years with ridiculous and stupid contracts to JVR, and Voracek, to name a few. I'm not willing to give TK 10 million per year, especially if the contract is for anything more, than a 4 year deal.

The fact that they named TK assistant captain tells me to expect an announcement of a big long term contract extension. You don’t give a guy an A and trade  him a month later.

I wouldn't pay Pastarnak that money...10m so there is no way I'm paying TK that money. Pasta imo is the best winger in the East, TK is really good but he's not Pasta good.

The agent has to ask and negotiate the best deal for his client.

Starting at 10 almost doesn't seem serious minded to me.

I can see 8 as the first number of a Konecny deal though, and I don't think I want to pay any more than that for any length of time. I'd rather pay less. If he gives 4 more years at the current production, what would that be worth? A lot.

If he wants term then I don't go above 8. If he wants 5 years ?  

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Pasta imo is the best winger in the East, TK is really good but he's not Pasta good.

The issue is "don't pay for wingers".

Obviously there are exceptions, but the game is played down the middle and if you don't have a good C then all the W strength jn the world don't mean anything.

That's the primary talent the Flyers are missing. There's secondary talent missing as well, but they need to address the C position.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, radoran said:

The issue is "don't pay for wingers".

Obviously there are exceptions, but the game is played down the middle and if you don't have a good C then all the W strength jn the world don't mean anything.

That's the primary talent the Flyers are missing. There's secondary talent missing as well, but they need to address the C position.

Thats why this trade deadline is so damn important! Secure enough draft capital and you can move up to secure your 1C. Starting to read some good stuff about the top Cs in the 5-8 range. 

44 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Thats why this trade deadline is so damn important! Secure enough draft capital and you can move up to secure your 1C. Starting to read some good stuff about the top Cs in the 5-8 range. 

It is quite prossible that "the answer" is not in next year's draft.

Looking for "the answer" at #1C had the Sabres go whole hog on Ville Leino and Cody Hodgson - and bought out BOTH.

The idea isn't "find the next best available" solution, it's find THE RIGHT solution.

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I really don't think they will find them in the draft.

I think they are going to have to trade for that dude who has already been drafted and a year or two away away and a team they will trade with will need a guy who they can plug and play now with.

Example that is what you trade a Konecny for IMHO.

Flyers would need to get up to #4 where the Blue Jackets are expected to pick (Lindstrom) for example.

I tell you want it is aggravating as hell to watch these same goddamn teams every year suck up all the good young talent in the top 5 every damn year and they never improve like the Ducks Sabres and Jackets for example.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I really don't think they will find them in the draft.

I think they are going to have to trade for that dude who has already been drafted and a year or two away away and a team they will trade with will need a guy who they can plug and play now with.

Example that is what you trade a Konecny for IMHO.

Flyers would need to get up to #4 where the Blue Jackets are expected to pick (Lindstrom) for example.

I tell you want it is aggravating as hell to watch these same goddamn teams every year suck up all the good young talent in the top 5 every damn year and they never improve like the Ducks Sabres and Jackets for example.

They can certainly find a 1C in this draft. Lindstrom may be out of reach, but Catton is an offensive dynamo and is mocked from 7 to 11ish. The more I watch this kid, the more interested I am. Even Lindstrom has been mocked as low as 10...doubt he slips that far, but WAY better chance we draft our own 1C than acquire a veteran in a trade. 

9 hours ago, radoran said:

It is quite prossible that "the answer" is not in next year's draft.

Looking for "the answer" at #1C had the Sabres go whole hog on Ville Leino and Cody Hodgson - and bought out BOTH.

The idea isn't "find the next best available" solution, it's find THE RIGHT solution.

Agreed, the right solution is needed, but neither you nor I know for sure that this upcoming draft is not "right". Just because it comes first does not mean its not the way to go. Both Lindstrom and Catton are legit 1C's...totally different players but both oozing with talent. 

49 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

They can certainly find a 1C in this draft. Lindstrom may be out of reach, but Catton is an offensive dynamo and is mocked from 7 to 11ish. The more I watch this kid, the more interested I am. Even Lindstrom has been mocked as low as 10...doubt he slips that far, but WAY better chance we draft our own 1C than acquire a veteran in a trade. 

Sure but they won't finish low enough to even get Catton is my point you're going to be on a wing and a prayer to find thar guy where they will draft I mean hey they did it late with Giroux so guess you can try to catch Lightning in a bottle twice.

But even some will argue that Giorux was never even that should have been 2C instead of 1C I'm not going down that road.

But getting a 1C where they draft ain't happening.

Unless barring Danny selling off everything and then the team taking a nose dive could always happen.

I can't see it they are shooting for the make the playoffs and anything can happen mantra.

LA Kings won a Stanely Cup as an 8th seed so why not us I where they are mentally.

Just my 2 cents

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure but they won't finish low enough to even get Catton is my point you're going to be on a wing and a prayer to find thar guy where they will draft I mean hey they did it late with Giroux so guess you can try to catch Lightning in a bottle twice.

But even some will argue that Giorux was never even that should have been 2C instead of 1C I'm not going down that road.

But getting a 1C where they draft ain't happening.

Unless barring Danny selling off everything and then the team taking a nose dive could always happen.

I can't see it they are shooting for the make the playoffs and anything can happen mantra.

LA Kings won a Stanely Cup as an 8th seed so why not us I where they are mentally.

Just my 2 cents

If we can somehow land a first for both Laughton and Walker, then we have our first and Fla's, that's four picks. That's some ammunition to trade up for a center. I'm still hoping we go into a tailspin after we trade Walker and Seeler and drop into the bottom ten. I'd like to come away from this draft with a big skilled center and a big skilled dman . 

• Like 1

I say trade one of the firsts for a guy like Kent Johnson. Columbus is such a mess right now and these young guys there are getting fed up with constantly being shuffled between the AHL and Columbus. It won't surprise me if they start asking to be moved and Johnson is a guy the Flyers should target. 

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

but neither you nor I know for sure that this upcoming draft is not "right".

True, nor do we know it is.

I'm saying don't put all the eggs in one basket because something "might" work.

I'm willing to let Bob Clarke say three years from now who he "really" wanted.

Generally, I feel better about this E Suite than any in recent memory.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I say trade one of the firsts for a guy like Kent Johnson. Columbus is such a mess right now and these young guys there are getting fed up with constantly being shuffled between the AHL and Columbus. It won't surprise me if they start asking to be moved and Johnson is a guy the Flyers should target. 

Columbus actually was interested in Konecny,  they have good young players and a top 10 pick..

47 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Just offer sheet Kent Johnson and see if they will be willing to work it out.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

If we can somehow land a first for both Laughton and Walker, then we have our first and Fla's, that's four picks. That's some ammunition to trade up for a center. I'm still hoping we go into a tailspin after we trade Walker and Seeler and drop into the bottom ten. I'd like to come away from this draft with a big skilled center and a big skilled dman . 

I agree I do not want to give Walker the deal that had been rumored 5 mill per season at his age nah I would pass let some other team do that.

See new posts

Conversation

eAS-bRzP_x96.jpg

PHI and Walker have yet to start negotiations; both sides briefly spoke in Toronto last week but no formal talks. PHI feels $4-4.5M AAV is fair while the Walker camp wants something in the $5-5.5M range. Term and trade protection will play a factor in how all this plays out.

If #Flyers re-sign Seeler + Walker and trade Risto in offseason, which seems to be gaining momentum, would be looking at York-Sanheim Seeler-Walker Zamula-Drysdale Andrae Something like that next season, they want Sanheim on right Drysdale still PP1 but needs ironing out 5v5

Just now, OccamsRazor said:
If #Flyers re-sign Seeler + Walker and trade Risto in offseason, which seems to be gaining momentum, would be looking at York-Sanheim Seeler-Walker Zamula-Drysdale Andrae Something like that next season, they want Sanheim on right Drysdale still PP1 but needs ironing out 5v5

Not a fan of this move at all it leaves zero room for improvement on the back end.

Sure I like moving Risto but not the rest either.

It is a rebuild and resigning 2 older D men doesn't make sense and will once again drafting in the 15-20s again and once again prove they refuse to embrace a full on rebuild like many of us feared.

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Exactly what I was talking about. 

• Like 3