What's Konecny's value? contract or trade

Well TK is asking for 10 per year and if i am GM i am telling him to pack his bags...even 9 mill is too much in my rebuild plans.

TK will be 27 next month and if he is making 9-10 mill at 35 well they will not have learned a goddamn thing.

He is your biggest trade piece and should be moved as such if you don't agree then we'll just have to agree your idea of a rebuild and my idea of a rebuild do not align one bit...and i don't want to here shat about the cap going up and making it look not so bad in a few years that would be total bull sh it!!!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

I really think making decisions just because of age is a mistake. If TK is averaging 25-30 goals, and 45-60 pts a season for the next 5 years, is he worth the contract he wants?

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I really think making decisions just because of age is a mistake. If TK is averaging 25-30 goals, and 45-60 pts a season for the next 5 years, is he worth the contract he wants?

But not on an 8 year deal sure if he signs a 5 year deal well won't be that big a problem maybe but that isn't the case.

TRADE HIM NOW!!!!!!!

GGV6q4kWwAAH23E.jpg.e8d84c489ca33c8ea1b99023eb48bdef.jpg

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

Paying guys big bucks for one breakout season is the Old Era of Orange.

Exactly paying guys for being good soldiers and taking a lesser deal years earlier is not the business this Flyer rebuild needs to be a part of...but they are going for the playoffs now and will hold onto all their players for said run we already knew this...not one effing player has been moved this year not one.

I may think differently when a trade goes down but highly doubt it hey at least they still have Sarge!!!

I get all the points being made, except Laughton (ugh). I just think its silly to not sign a guy just because he's a certain age. The Flyers are rebuilding. If TK fits in that plan, and plays at an all star level for five years of an 8 year contract, thats a good thing. I also recognize the old ways have made most of us doubt this organization is capable of making sound decisions. It appearss the new method has already shown the old ways, by that I mean stupid, are no longer being deployed. It wouldn't worry me.

However, if they do sign him long term, and it costs them valuable assets later, I welcome all of you saying, "I told you so"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The Flyers are rebuilding. If TK fits in that plan, and plays at an all star level for five years of an 8 year contract, thats a good thing

A $9-10M contract of that length is a problem for the production you have outlined.

Get him at Coots' number and we're good.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I may think differently when a trade goes down but highly doubt it hey at least they still have Sarge!!!

Yeah, let's see where they are after the deadline.

If the "new era" is a return to "one of the top 10-16 teams in the league" it ain't all that new.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

Let me do a reset here.....

Im not really a big TK fan. I think hes a nice player. On a team with a few established top liners, he could be a Brad Marchand type. If they traded him, I wouldn't lose a wink. And I agree with not mortgaging the future for a feeble chance to make the playoffs. I just think moving a guy because he's a certain age is a weak and careless way to operate. Doing it this way means the only way to have success is drafting a bunch of 18 year olds, never moving any of them, and hope that by 24-26 they have developed into a championship caliber team. Its possible, but it really relies on having the right coach in position long term. Is Torts that guy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well TK is asking for 10 per year and if i am GM i am telling him to pack his bags...even 9 mill is too much in my rebuild plans.

TK will be 27 next month and if he is making 9-10 mill at 35 well they will not have learned a goddamn thing.

He is your biggest trade piece and should be moved as such if you don't agree then we'll just have to agree your idea of a rebuild and my idea of a rebuild do not align one bit...and i don't want to here shat about the cap going up and making it look not so bad in a few years that would be total bull sh it!!!

Well if TK wants $9 or $10 million per year then trade him this trade deadline to get a maximum return. Owen Tippett could slide in to be the number one right winger going forward since the Flyers signed him to that new contract.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

51 minutes ago, radoran said:

A $9-10M contract of that length is a problem for the production you have outlined.

It is. If he wants $9+mil AAV it has to be on a 5-year term max - even that is pushing it. I love Konecny but he's not a $10mil superstar. Heck even Marchand signed for $6.1 - on a team-friendly deal with a M-NTC.

That's what I guess we'd all like to see TK sign, something that has "team friendly" in the description.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Good Post 3

36 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I just think moving a guy because he's a certain age is a weak and careless way to operate. 

On a regular bubble playoff team you're right.

Flyers aren't that really they are a rebuilding team so now is the time to move for the biggest return.

Resigning him to a long term deal would be a mistake and show us nothing has changed with this club just new management in place.

It won't serve any purpose to have a RW in 3 years on the 3rd line making 10 mill per season.

You have Michkov for the top line and Tippett in place for the 2nd and one of the other various prospect filling in the bottom 2 RW spots - not TK going on 30 making 10 mill that would be lunacy.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

25 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Resigning him to a long term deal would be a mistake and show us nothing has changed with this club just new management in place.

all depends on the numbers right? If it's 8yr/$60mil I won't complain. TK's a $7.5mil player tops imho - and I'm his biggest fan. That's a $2mil raise for crying out loud...he should be able to feed his family on it.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Heck even Marchand signed for $6.1 - on a team-friendly deal with a M-NTC.

^This.   No reason TK should be asking for $10m.  At most 7.5m at 6 years in my opinion.

How much money is enough for someone?  If he wants to win a cup, his AAV comes down so they can get higher quality players. 

• Good Post 3

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

It won't serve any purpose to have a RW in 3 years on the 3rd line making 10 mill per season.

You have Michkov for the top line and Tippett in place for the 2nd and one of the other various prospect filling in the bottom 2 RW spots - not TK going on 30 making 10 mill that would be lunacy.

See. This is what gets me.

TK being on the 3rd line in three years is speculation. Its not a proven. What happens if he equals or improves his production in the next three. The assumption being made here is that what he currently is, is the best he will be. Im still not saying to give him that much money, I just don't think you can accurately predict his value in three years. Also, planning the future of a current player based on the promise of a player who 1) isnt here, 2) may never be here, and 3) might take three years to develop IF  he does get here (see all current rookies who have become Flyers in the last 3 to 5 seasons), is just irresponsible

I remember two seasons ago a few posters had Allison slated as a power play and first line starter when he had some promising games late in the season. How'd that work out?

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, CoachX said:

See. This is what gets me.

TK being on the 3rd line in three years is speculation. Its not a proven. What happens if he equals or improves his production in the next three. The assumption being made here is that what he currently is, is the best he will be. Im still not saying to give him that much money, I just don't think you can accurately predict his value in three years. Also, planning the future of a current player based on the promise of a player who 1) isnt here, 2) may never be here, and 3) might take three years to develop IF  he does get here (see all current rookies who have become Flyers in the last 3 to 5 seasons), is just irresponsible

I remember two seasons ago a few posters had Allison slated as a power play and first line starter when he had some promising games late in the season. How'd that work out?

Ok so where do you put Michkov and Tippett then you have to make plans for that.

We don't Danny does and you surely don't want the money dictating and keeping MM off the top line so what is your plan to NOT paint yourself into a corner then?

I'll wait for your answer.

• Good Post 1

Plan ahead but maybe don't count on Michkov skating for the Flyers. Pencil him in...but have your eraser handy.

It's no mystery things are Funked Up over there. What's more he's under contract to play in Russia for 2 more seasons. The earliest we'll see him in North America is the 2026-27 season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok so where do you put Michkov and Tippett then you have to make plans for that.

We don't Danny does and you surely don't want the money dictating and keeping MM off the top line so what is your plan to NOT paint yourself into a corner then?

I'll wait for your answer.

your argument rests on the certainty that Michov is here, and is all he's hyped to be. So I'll answer a question with a question, what if he doesn't get here? What if hes the next Morgan Frost?

as for Tippett, he is here. You play him where he has the most impact on the ice

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Plan ahead but maybe don't count on Michkov skating for the Flyers. Pencil him in...but have your eraser handy.

It's no mystery things are Funked Up over there. What's more he's under contract to play in Russia for 2 more seasons. The earliest we'll see him in North America is the 2026-27 season.

Im not sure, do thy have injuries in Russia? or is that just an North America thing.

A lot can happen in three years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

your argument rests on the certainty that Michov is here

Yes i consider him the center piece without them they are fuct.

And it would set them back time because they need a star but more than anything they need some skill and playmaking.

And if MM is going to be here at least or on schedule well no point in discussing any of this further...

...not trying to sound like a dick but them landing him is why i bought in again and care like i have.

Hope is all gone if that is the case...

First I have heard of this TK and 9-10 mill a year NONSENSE!!  UM...NO. Not under any circumstances. Trade him...for even less than he is worth, because if we are typing about it...other GMs are talking about it. He has reduced his value significantly by coming out with these numbers. If he's not part of the solution *(rebuild) than he's part of the problem. Ship him out quick.

If the Flyers do not make at least 3 trades this deadline...I will not trust Briere and Jones. Lot of talk with no actual movement towards set goal... the Cup. I piss on this year's playoffs. Could care less. Great opportunity for the kids to get a taste of what it takes to win in the worlds best tournament....BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF THIS REBUILD. STOP THE CYCLE OF MEDIOCRE HOCKEY. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, Digityman said:

^This.   No reason TK should be asking for $10m.  At most 7.5m at 6 years in my opinion.

How much money is enough for someone?  If he wants to win a cup, his AAV comes down so they can get higher quality players. 

You're right, of course.

But then you have a player looking at $7.5M and "could get" (sake of argument) $10M and over the course of an 8 year contract that's $20M which, after all, is

TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS

Some people might have a hard time giving that up.

(Not saying TK wants/deserves/has been offered such)