Game 59: Philadelphia Flyers at Pittsburgh Penguins; 2/25/24 @ 3:30 PM, TNT, Max

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

In looking at that hit on Drysdale, I don’t think he took a head shot, it looks like a separated shoulder or an arm injury. 

Definitely a shoulder injury.  I don’t think it’s a dislocated shoulder.  Probably separated but we’ll see.

and now Forester is hurt. 

• Uggh... 1

1) This game has done nothing to subside my Drysdale is injury prone fears. That was not a dirty or savage it...I fear the shoulder is gonna be a problem. 

This game however does feel like a changing of the guard. The old Flyers would have laid down and died at 4-2. Should they win...a nice gutsy comeback....and one that would not have happened without Fonzies leadership and helping them believe in themselves. 

Any contender not in on Laughton for a 1st better check out this game tape. He makes the players around him better and is a LOAD on the pk! You NEED elite special teams to win the Cup!!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

JHC another softy...oh man Petersen come on another short-side goal? That's just suck goaltending.

So he "was fixated on Malkin and surprised by O'Connor" - great. Another winnable game and this time goaltending may let it slip away...

Good to Foerster back though that's a relief.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Sad 1

Was I watching Leighton? What rhe hell? Thus game is reminding .e we have a long way to go on our rebuild. Our PP is suffocating us. While neither goalie is competent....Mr. Petersen looks like a buyout.

• Like 3
  • Uggh... 1

10 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

JHC another softy...oh man Petersen come on another short-side goal? That's just suck goaltending.

So he "was fixated on Malkin and surprised by O'Connor" - great. Another winnable game and this time goaltending may let it slip away...

Good to Foerster back though that's a relief.

On the bright side, Forrester being a pain in the Penguins side at this young stage of his career bodes well. 5 career Goals already against the Pens? Promising. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Definitely a shoulder injury.  I don’t think it’s a dislocated shoulder.  Probably separated but we’ll see.

and now Forester is hurt. 

Drysdale missed one full season with shoulder surgery already.

Goodbye Cal...was NOT nice to see you!! This turd has played his last game as a Flyer! 

Laughton's stat line in a 7-6 loss...3 pts, Shorty, Power  Play pt, Primary Assist and a stunning +4!! Throw in 7 face offs wins for fun. He did a LOT to increase his trade value today!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

It’s a damn shame when you score 6 goals but it isn’t enough to outscore your goaltending.  

can't say it any better than that.

Obviously there were breakdowns defensively (for both teams) and taking a few too many penalties is never good. But Petersen is the definition of Coming Up Small today.

For a goalie to play worse and worse as the game goes on... you just told your coach "I'm not ready for this."

56 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

1) This game has done nothing to subside my Drysdale is injury prone fears. That was not a dirty or savage it...I fear the shoulder is gonna be a problem. 

This game however does feel like a changing of the guard. The old Flyers would have laid down and died at 4-2. Should they win...a nice gutsy comeback....and one that would not have happened without Fonzies leadership and helping them believe in themselves. 

Any contender not in on Laughton for a 1st better check out this game tape. He makes the players around him better and is a LOAD on the pk! You NEED elite special teams to win the Cup!!

Drysdale is a lot like some of our current and past young players,  he has missed a lot of games due to injury and he is behind in his development. He has already had two major injuries including a torn labrum, which kept him out a full season. Not sure if it was the same shoulder that was injured tonight. I just hope he isn’t a snake bitten player who’s made of peanut brittle and always gets hurt. We already had  more than our share…Lindros, Bourdon, Morin, Patrick,Allison and O’Brien. I know the Flyers were limited in the teams they could trade with, but considering Patrick and all the rest ,I’d be wary of trading for a guys who’s had two major injuries right off the bat. It seems that guys who get injured early on are always injured down the line. 

Crosby with another great day vs the Flyers.

Of course had the emergency goalie played maybe he only has a 3 point game.

This group (the Flyers) has me proud to wear my logo gear again.  I'm good if the management decides to sell off some guys and improve their draft position.

This team's roster isn't winning a cup, will never, win the cup. Time to make some moves toward that ultimate goal IMO.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Drysdale is a lot like some of our current and past young players,  he has missed a lot of games due to injury and he is behind in his development. He has already had two major injuries including a torn labrum, which kept him out a full season. Not sure if it was the same shoulder that was injured tonight. I just hope he isn’t a snake bitten player who’s made of peanut brittle and always gets hurt. We already had  more than our share…Lindros, Bourdon, Morin, Patrick,Allison and O’Brien. I know the Flyers were limited in the teams they could trade with, but considering Patrick and all the rest ,I’d be wary of trading for a guys who’s had two major injuries right off the bat. It seems that guys who get injured early on are always injured down the line. 

I'm sure Danny did his due diligence and shopped Gauthier to every GM in the League. The problem lies in the old boys GM network...these guys all talk, and with each call he exposes his position of weakness.   

Thus, opposing GMs smell blood in the water and the offers go down, despite the obvious elite skill of the player being shopped. Throw in how unprofessional Gauthier and his reps looked giving the Flyers the cold shoulder, this could have given other GMs pause for thought also. 

In the end, Danny did his best from an obvious position of weakness. He simply had to accept a few warts for a top 10 prospect....in this case, the warts include size and injury concerns. 

• Good Post 1

12 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I'm sure Danny did his due diligence and shopped Gauthier to every GM in the League. The problem lies in the old boys GM network...these guys all talk, and with each call he exposes his position of weakness.   

Thus, opposing GMs smell blood in the water and the offers go down, despite the obvious elite skill of the player being shopped. Throw in how unprofessional Gauthier and his reps looked giving the Flyers the cold shoulder, this could have given other GMs pause for thought also. 

In the end, Danny did his best from an obvious position of weakness. He simply had to accept a few warts for a top 10 prospect....in this case, the warts include size and injury concerns. 

Yes, I agree. He did the best under the circumstances. I just have a feeling that Gauthier is gonna be game changer and Drysdale is gonna be like Ghost. 

7 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I just have a feeling that Gauthier is gonna be game changer and Drysdale is gonna be like Ghost. 

That may very well happen ....simply put Gauthier no longer wanted to be a part of the Flyers organization.  Would rather cut out a potential cancer now then deal with it 5 years from now.   It is very disappointing this happened.   I get it .... :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Goodbye Cal...was NOT nice to see you!! This turd has played his last game as a Flyer! 

Laughton's stat line in a 7-6 loss...3 pts, Shorty, Power  Play pt, Primary Assist and a stunning +4!! Throw in 7 face offs wins for fun. He did a LOT to increase his trade value today!!

I’m sure @CoachX will be singing Laughlin’s praises when he gets on here since Laughton is his favorite player! 🤣🤣😂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Yes, I agree. He did the best under the circumstances. I just have a feeling that Gauthier is gonna be game changer and Drysdale is gonna be like Ghost. 

I'll take the rookie version of Ghost plz!!

• Like 1