Flyers 2023-24: A Post-Season Appraisal

the only smart move the Flyers have made since 1975 was signing Jon Sim. He's the only player to overturn instant replay

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

the only smart move the Flyers have made since 1975 was signing Jon Sim. He's the only player to overturn instant replay

Jon Sim sees the instant replay before the play happens.

• Haha 1

I wonder what it would take to get Cole Perfetti from the Jets??

He is on the 4th line and if they bow out early again this year maybe they would be open for a trade of assets.

He can play center and well Flyers have a need at center.

Danny could work up a package that works for both sides.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He is on the 4th line and if they bow out early again this year maybe they would be open for a trade of assets.

Danny could work up a package that works for both sides.

Another small player?

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

He's probably going to cost pick 12 and a young player (Tuomaala). 

2 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Another small player?

I mean guys his size 5-11 180 have made careers in the NHL.

The biggest muscle can't even be measured. That muscle is what separates many players from being good to great.

And i am looking at acquiring talent to help fill out the middle of the ice.

But depending on what it would cost could change my interest.

And besides where else are they going to find the guys for the middle many have already identified they won't be able to find them in the draft because the Flyer never finish low enough.

So let me ask you a question please do tell me where the Flyers are going to find a starting center then? Oh and you're not allowed to come back with in the draft.

This was just an idea thrown out.

So i await your reply.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

He's probably going to cost pick 12 and a young player (Tuomaala). 

Hell no not doing that but we can find maybe other options to swing a deal.

Tuomaala seems to not be able to functions without Lycksell and a big red flag for me.

You have to give to get but sure we could suggest other options.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I don't put this on Briere

I would put this on him. After the sh!t show we watched this year these clowns are going to basically run it back you have to be fuggin shitting me????

• Thanks 1
  • Uggh... 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I mean guys his size 5-11 180 have made careers in the NHL.

The biggest muscle can't even be measured. That muscle is what separates many players from being good to great.

And i am looking at acquiring talent to help fill out the middle of the ice.

But depending on what it would cost could change my interest.

And besides where else are they going to find the guys for the middle many have already identified they won't be able to find them in the draft because the Flyer never finish low enough.

I'm not saying that small players can't be good. I'll definitely say that small teams can't be, particularly in the playoffs, when the refs drop any pretense of calling the rulebook.

So let me ask you a question please do tell me where the Flyers are going to find a starting center then? Oh and you're not allowed to come back with in the draft.

???

I didn't suggest that the Flyers shouldn't trade for a player, though I do think it's the best avenue to take in a rebuild. Trade all you like, but make the right trades.

This was just an idea thrown out.

So i await your reply.

I get it; you're spitballing. There's nothing wrong with that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hell no not doing that but we can find maybe other options to swing a deal.

Tuomaala seems to not be able to functions without Lycksell and a big red flag for me.

You have to give to get but sure we could suggest other options.

In fairness, Tuomaala had crap for linemates in Lehigh Valley after Lycksell was called up. I'm not worried about him at all because he's a goal scoring winger. I'm not asking him to carry a line. I'm asking him to finish and Laperriere failed at finding players who can get him the puck. 

I'm interested in seeing how Tuomaala plays with a legit center, not a Cooper Marody.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I do think it's the best avenue to take in a rebuild. Trade all you like, but make the right trades.

It is why i am suggesting low cost options instead of huge blockbuster deals that will just require many assets and may still not work.

Not many clubs are going to want to move the big young centers around the NHL for low cost. 

But i am willing to part with assets to get a young center of possible if someone can suggest something that is doable. But the way they continue to draft in the 12-16 range just isn't going to get them there i'm afraid.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I get it; you're spitballing.

exactly nothing else what needs to happen and what will fix this is excruciating to deal with and well it will be a mess for a few years...many of us (including me) don't have the stomach or patience for this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

May the Sim be with you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Another small player?

In fairness, if the Flyers stay at 12, Catton and Helenius are the same size and Iginla is only one inch taller than Perfetti. 

There's no real standout center that's 6'2, 6'3 in the top half of the draft this year. I mean, there's Cayden Lindstrom, but he's more of a winger.

Even looking around teams and top prospects, there's nobody really standing out who has that size and who would be available. 

The Flyers might end having to look for size on the wings instead of down the middle. 

• Like 2

In fairness, if the Flyers stay at 12, Catton and Helenius are the same size and Iginla is only one inch taller than Perfetti. 

There's no real standout center that's 6'2, 6'3 in the top half of the draft this year. I mean, there's Cayden Lindstrom, but he's more of a winger.

Even looking around teams and top prospects, there's nobody really standing out who has that size and who would be available. 

The Flyers might end having to look for size on the wings instead of down the middle. 

You're right. This draft isn't loaded with exciting centre depth, and there's precious little in the #12 range (+/-3 spots).

13 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

You're right. This draft isn't loaded with exciting centre depth, and there's precious little in the #12 range (+/-3 spots).

Typical Flyer luck with 2 1st round picks...SMH.

24 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I'm looking at things and I'm thinking they might just draft defensemen in the first. Yakemchuk and Elick might not be so bad of decisions in terms of starting with size and meanness on the backend.

• Like 1

Yakemchuk

I like this kid and not real familiar with the other kid.

He is a right hand shot and is suppose to be an offensive RHD.

So till some of these kids lock in a spot keep drafting these right hand shot kids seems harder to find these types (sure always BPA too though no reaching).

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I like this kid and not real familiar with the other kid.

He is a right hand shot and is suppose to be an offensive RHD.

So till some of these kids lock in a spot keep drafting these right hand shot kids seems harder to find these types (sure always BPA too though no reaching).

Elick is a Jacob Trouba type player, but with an even meaner streak. I want a mean, hard nosed, elite shut down defender. The Flyers haven't had a defenseman that puts fear into the opposition in quite some time. Elick fits that bill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So another surgery...

...this kid is going to be all scar tissue by 25...

Well, at least there was no chance of his reduced skating ability leading to a potential reinjury of his shoulder.

After all, the important thing is making the playoffs this year.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

Well, at least there was no chance of his reduced skating ability leading to a potential reinjury of his shoulder.

After all, the important thing is making the playoffs this year.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Well I don't know what all us Flyers have done to deserve this it all may vary in different degrees due to length of the Fandom buy once thing is certain we are all suffering that punishment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So another surgery...

...this kid is going to be all scar tissue by 25...

At least they're letting the guy they traded their 5th overall for fully recover before sending him back out there to maybe make the playoffs in a rebuild. 

ron-white-you-can%E2%80%99t-fix-stupid.g

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well I don't know what all us Flyers have done to deserve this it all may vary in different degrees due to length of the Fandom buy once thing is certain we are all suffering that punishment.

Seriously. Does this franchise not read medical reports or do their own medicals? Christ sakes. Now, I feel for Drysdale because he's literally been the definition of good soldier, but this franchise and their lack of due diligence. This should lead to people getting fired. 

The only good news about this is that it isn't a shoulder or a knee and that this sort of core/sports hernia surgery is routine and that he'll be off his feet for three to four weeks in terms of exercising. At this point, if I'm GM, I'm sending Drysdale to go see Gary Roberts. 

• Good Post 1