Looking like Flyers vs Pens or Rags

Guest trevluk

I know things could definitely still change but with the loss tonight against Florida, it is looking more and more likely that the Flyers will finish in the 5 seed and play either the Pens or Rags in the 4 seed. (At least we would have "away ice advantage" since the Flyers have played better on the road this year than at home.) I think with how well the Pens are playing and the mediocre play of NY, I'd rather play the Rags even though we haven't beaten them yet this year. Actually, the best chance for the Flyers to get out of the first round might be to lose a few more games and drop to the 6 seed and play the winner of the southeast division - most likely Florida who ironically probably killed our chances of catching Pissburgh or NY tonight but I still like our chances against them in a 7 game series. Any thoughts?

Is it is wrong to hope the Devils go undefeated the rest of the way? Well yeah that question answers itself, but still I'd really like to see our rookies win a round (assuming that would happen vs Fla) and get some playoff experience building toward the future. I don't like our chances against the Rags or the Pens, not trying to be negative just how I see it

Is it is wrong to hope the Devils go undefeated the rest of the way? Well yeah that question answers itself, but still I'd really like to see our rookies win a round (assuming that would happen vs Fla) and get some playoff experience building toward the future. I don't like our chances against the Rags or the Pens, not trying to be negative just how I see it

Pens are probably going to be the tougher opponent and the favorite to come out of the East. The Rangers may have peaked too early and are struggling. I think the Flyers can beat them. The Pens, I don't know.

I see the Flyers falling to 6 anyway. In perspective, this team has overachieved respective of trades supposed to effect scoring, rookie play, injuries, and loosing Pronger. Team is very young offensively and banged up. Defense will be issue in olayoffs. Let's see it for what it is, a nice growth season. Proud of team. Finally we have a team. Good future. Maybe we get by R1 if say we play Florida.

Who cares about the matchup, I just want the Flyers to go into the playoffs playing their best hockey for sixty+ minutes. Let the other teams worry about the Flyers.

I agree 100% (not that that matters). I whould hope the players dont give a **** either. If they do, we are in for a real short post season Thrashers style.

Pens are probably going to be the tougher opponent and the favorite to come out of the East. The Rangers may have peaked too early and are struggling. I think the Flyers can beat them. The Pens, I don't know.

I would take great pleasure in watching the Flyers knock out the Rangers in the playoffs.

I know things could definitely still change but with the loss tonight against Florida, it is looking more and more likely that the Flyers will finish in the 5 seed and play either the Pens or Rags in the 4 seed. (At least we would have "away ice advantage" since the Flyers have played better on the road this year than at home.) I think with how well the Pens are playing and the mediocre play of NY, I'd rather play the Rags even though we haven't beaten them yet this year. Actually, the best chance for the Flyers to get out of the first round might be to lose a few more games and drop to the 6 seed and play the winner of the southeast division - most likely Florida who ironically probably killed our chances of catching Pissburgh or NY tonight but I still like our chances against them in a 7 game series. Any thoughts?

we really didn't matchup well against the Rags this year..I would take the Pens..but a healthy Crosby could be scary..

Flyers have 9 games left and the Devils have 8.

I doubt the Flyers move up to the #1 or #4 spot. They would have to go 9-0 or 8-1 to have a shot.

Realistically the Flyers will probably go 5-4 or 6-3 looking at their remaining games.

The Devils will have to go 7-1 or 6-2 for the Flyers to drop to the 6th spot.

I think what you see in the standings is pretty much what you are going to get except the Pens win the conference and the Sabres get the 8th spot.

Caps miss the playoffs and there are big changes this summer in Washington.

It looks like it will be up to us to beat the Pens, there isn't a team out there that has been able to play with them except this one, they've steamrolled all of the supposted favorites... Boston,Rangrers, Preds.... I think we match up well with them. I say bring it, even if we don't win , which we totally can, they'll be spent for their next opponent.

Here is how I see things shaking out. The 7 and 8 seeds may get jumbled a bit, but I think it will be 1-Pittsburgh, 2-Boston, 3-Florida, 4-NYR, 5-Flyers, 6-Devils. Devils will knock off Florida, we will beat the Rangers, so it will be Pittsburgh-Devils and Bruins-Flyers in the 2nd round. If we have the hot goalie, we have a shot because Boston can't roll over us in a shootout in the playoffs. So then Pittsburgh-Flyers in the Conference Finals. 7 game series that we win in Pittsburgh on a Bryz shutout.

My ONLY (Ha!) fear is that we would be too worn out from the Pittsburgh series for the Stanley Cup Finals.

Here is how I see things shaking out. The 7 and 8 seeds may get jumbled a bit, but I think it will be 1-Pittsburgh, 2-Boston, 3-Florida, 4-NYR, 5-Flyers, 6-Devils. Devils will knock off Florida, we will beat the Rangers, so it will be Pittsburgh-Devils and Bruins-Flyers in the 2nd round. If we have the hot goalie, we have a shot because Boston can't roll over us in a shootout in the playoffs. So then Pittsburgh-Flyers in the Conference Finals. 7 game series that we win in Pittsburgh on a Bryz shutout.

My ONLY (Ha!) fear is that we would be too worn out from the Pittsburgh series for the Stanley Cup Finals.

And I hope Washington gets the #8 seed, so they can take a chunk out of Pittsburgh early.

If Washington gets the 8, I see them going out in 4 or 5 games. There's an offseason of change coming to Washington.

I agree something will happen after the season with the caps and not for the good. I really don't see AO being a cap for his whole career. he is selfish,dirt and not a team player and he is lazy. alot of bodies whont be back for them next yr.

I love your optimism. I'm just not as confident that this team could beat the Bruins, Rangers, AND Pittsburgh to make it to the finals. That is a tall order, especially considering all of our injuries and banged up defense. Kimmo is playing hurt and we wont have Mez back until the 2nd round at earliest and even then he wont be in playoff shape. I think we would need the help of an upset along the way, preferably Pittsburgh getting knocked out early, but I don't see that happening.

I love your optimism. I'm just not as confident that this team could beat the Bruins, Rangers, AND Pittsburgh to make it to the finals. That is a tall order, especially considering all of our injuries and banged up defense. Kimmo is playing hurt and we wont have Mez back until the 2nd round at earliest and even then he wont be in playoff shape. I think we would need the help of an upset along the way, preferably Pittsburgh getting knocked out early, but I don't see that happening.

I don't share your fear of the Pens, i think we match up well with them, it would be nice to not have to face all of the east's big 3, but he if we want to win the cup we have to beat 4 good teams anyway.