Evgeni Malkin questionnable hit on Nicklas Grossman.

Guest Irishjim

Sure does look like an elbow straight to the head of Grossman who apparently now has a concussion. League will never look at it though.

Such cheap bs!!! Thats a clear elbow/shoulder into an ususpecting player's head. How is there no talk of this going on? I guess if he would've dropped right there

and gotten carried off the league might look at it? These pens are the dirtiest team in the league.

I hate to sound negative, but I have a very bad feeling about the rest of this series. The punishment dealt to Neal works in the Pens' favor. The league just can't stand for these upstart Flyers being ahead in this series so they'll do everything possible to turn it around. Knocked out Couts and no call, tried to behead Giroux and that's OK, elbow to the head of Grossman and no call, and the objective is apparent. Knock out our best players so they get to pull off the upset, and I have a feeling we get to be the butt of numerous joke when all is said and done. How is it that no one knocks Cindy on his ***? Bundy is right and someone should regardless 'cause what's OK for one team should be OK for the rest. No consistency from the league office unless it favors the Poster Boy's team. Can you tell I'm really upset?

• Like 1

Sure does look like an elbow straight to the head of Grossman who apparently now has a concussion. League will never look at it though.

Only way to deal with this in this current NHL with the Flyers bias is just go pick a guy you want to get Shrek Malkin, take him out, and be ready for the guy to face some suspension time and miss the playoffs. Ed can pay the fine, that is the least of the Flyers problems. Renaldo or Shelly, either will do fine.

I guess if he would've dropped right there

and gotten carried off the league might look at it?

yes, actually, that's exactly it. he drops but has crosby there to catch himself against, then gets right back up and skates off. i totally didn't notice this play until it was posted in this thread. it was definitely a hit to the head, and i would think it exactly the kind of thing that should get looked at...but at full speed it was so subtle, and grossmann did nothing to draw attention to it.

as sad as that sounds at first blush, hockey games are long. a lot of things happen. a play like that, one that looks normal at first glance isn't going to get a second glance unless there is something to let people know there is something to see. the tougher the player being hit, the less likely the hit is to be looked at. grossmann doesn't appear to miss a beat, so no one paid attention.

Malkenstein tried that same move on Giroux earlier this season as they skated by each other, does anyone remember it? Its a sneaky little move similar to a slewfoot as you skate by, but Malkin uses the shoulder to the face,Giroux saw it coming and ducked it. Neil also went for Girouxs head,and he ducked that one. I think its time to knock the bolts out of Malkensteins neck by rattling his head . The NHL better catch on to this sneaky move and start suspending guys for it, its the same type of gutless move that ended Primeaus career. A quick nudge of the shoulder as a player goes by and you use his momentum against him, and it doesnt take a big hit to the head to cause some heavy damage

I agree looks like a flying elbow should be automatic suspension..with Game 4 out of hand why did Rinaldo take a run at Crosby or Malkin?

cause he got tossed on what should have been a 2 minute penalty

I didn't catch this during the game either.....I can't believe this dirty b!tch gets away with this crap on such a consistent basis. The elbows, the stick work, neither the league nor the opposition holds him accountable

MALKIN is a dirty PIECE OF SCHIT!!!!

I hope some like Lilja give him a career ending injury and hit him low in his repaired ACL show him the effects of dirty play since he won't stop with he cheap schit!!!!!!!

He's the biggest guy on the ice no need to play like he does hate that phucker!!!!!!!!!

yes, actually, that's exactly it. he drops but has crosby there to catch himself against, then gets right back up and skates off. i totally didn't notice this play until it was posted in this thread. it was definitely a hit to the head, and i would think it exactly the kind of thing that should get looked at...but at full speed it was so subtle, and grossmann did nothing to draw attention to it.

as sad as that sounds at first blush, hockey games are long. a lot of things happen. a play like that, one that looks normal at first glance isn't going to get a second glance unless there is something to let people know there is something to see. the tougher the player being hit, the less likely the hit is to be looked at. grossmann doesn't appear to miss a beat, so no one paid attention.

You know had this been a Pen he would of fell like being shot with a sniper rifle, and sprawled and floundered, helped off the ice to get the call and ejection for our player (cause this is how Blysma coaches) then after the ejection that player would return....the emulate their star player.

You know had this been a Pen he would of fell like being shot with a sniper rifle, and sprawled and floundered, helped off the ice to get the call and ejection for our player (cause this is how Blysma coaches) then after the ejection that player would return

devil's advocate: you mean like schenn did with asham?

• Like 1

Hell no, kid got slammed in the throat with Ash's stick, he's lucky he didn't get his larynx crushed, so no that was a legit injury there.

Take another look at the video. The stick was high, but got caught on Schenn's shoulder pads and never made it to the throat. But there were many similarities between that incident and Rinaldo-Michalek.

Rinaldo worse because:

1. Incident history

2. No injury (although Michalak's was also not a major injury)

3. Unprovoked (as opposed to retaliation for Schenn charge on Martin)

Asham worse because:

1. Cross-check to the front instead of the back... could have ended a lot worse for Schenn

2. He had skating momentum in addition to the stick thrust, whereas Rinaldo was stationary.

All told, a bit inconsistent that Asham got 4 and Rinaldo got 0.

• Like 1

Take another look at the video. The stick was high, but got caught on Schenn's shoulder pads and never made it to the throat. But there were many similarities between that incident and Rinaldo-Michalek.

Rinaldo worse because:

1. Incident history

2. No injury (although Michalak's was also not a major injury)

3. Unprovoked (as opposed to retaliation for Schenn charge on Martin)

Asham worse because:

1. Cross-check to the front instead of the back... could have ended a lot worse for Schenn

2. He had skating momentum in addition to the stick thrust, whereas Rinaldo was stationary.

All told, a bit inconsistent that Asham got 4 and Rinaldo got 0.

HAHAHA...that was a clean hit. Not charging.

But you will also defend Malkinstien's dirty play too i'm sure.

If a Flyer had applied that same hit that Malkin laid on GrossmannN on Crosby the Flyers would have been done for the rest of the season. Malkin is a punk and i hope someone puts him out for a long time...there is no place in the game for the cheap shots he takes over and over with no call.

Hopefully they send the Pens home tonight.

Hell no, kid got slammed in the throat with Ash's stick, he's lucky he didn't get his larynx crushed, so no that was a legit injury there.

except there was no injury, there. he was back a few shifts later.

• Like 1

Asham hit high chest and then his stick rode up but Schenn made sure it looked good..Asham knew it that was why he cuffed him in the back of the head for acting....

• Like 2