Officials

Guest Jmdodgesrt4

Just let them play. Don't want either team winning from power play chances. Just let the best team win and stay out of it officials! This petty call crap is ridiculous. Are most penaltys. Sure. But unless it's a scoring chance being taken away via hook,slash, holding just let it go

Not to mention Orpik on JVR, or their D all holding when under siege.

Yet they call the worlds softest hook on Lilja. For once, he was actually playing D and not relying on obstruction.

Time to rewrite some of these rules too. If the hook doesn't impede progress / obstruct, it's not a hook. This stick parallel to the ice thing sucks. Same with the automatic slash when the toothpicks snap.

How the **** does malkin get away with such obvious head shots? Shoulder to coots head, then no attempt to stop running into brz. ******* joke.

Wow...now that is something new to any flyer board..."THE REFS ARE COSTING US". Maybe they should be in net for your choking team??

the officiating in these playoffs has been abhorrent across the board. there's no control of the flow of the games and they're blowing calls left and right. this is why there's more egregious hits happening this year.

there's putting the whistle away, but then there's orpik sitting on a flyer in the crease for a full minute... while the ref watches. no. no. the refs don't want to influence the game. someone let them know that they are indirectly, directly influencing the games.

Wow...now that is something new to any flyer board..."THE REFS ARE COSTING US". Maybe they should be in net for your choking team??

Here's something new: Pens' fan nowhere to be found after games 1-3 but shows up to talk trash after a Pens win. Get a life.

• Like 1

@doom88, @Digityman

Thats the first post I have seen from the guy and I do not consider that a "troll" post. I thought this was supposed to be a universal hockey forum and not just the Flyers (meaning all fans from all teams can post).

Because he has an opinion that Flyers fans always cry about the refs (which a percentage do and thus can be somewhat validated), does not mean he is a troll.

IMHO of chourse. We are all sore at the loss and particularly sore at some of the non-calls (particularly the two Malkin ones and the Orpik / Fleury mugging of JVR. All of those were atrocious. So was the interference non-call against the Flyers late in the 3rd (though the game has all been decided by that point).

Just saying......

@Bakanekimiwa

"the officiating in these playoffs has been abhorrent across the board. there's no control of the flow of the games and they're blowing calls left and right. this is why there's more egregious hits happening this year."

And herein lies in a nutshell why I think the two ref system is abysmal. Prior to the two ref system, it was a single guy accountable for how the game was played. I really liked Kerry Fraser article on the game 3 debacle and how the refs lost touch with the game ebb and flow. With a single ref system, there is MUCH more control to what is going on.

What I mean by this is that you may have one ref in a particular game that is going to let stuff go as long as it is not egregious- and does so consistently for the most part throughout the game. The next game, you may have a different ref that calls the game tightly, yet again does so for the most part consistently throughout the game.

I think when you have a two ref system, there is never a single cohesive perspective on how the game is being viewed / called- and thus why it seems wildly inconsistent within the game itself.

If I was commissioner, my first two orders of business would be to go back to a single ref system and remove the instigator rule.

How the **** does malkin get away with such obvious head shots? Shoulder to coots head, then no attempt to stop running into brz. ******* joke.

C'mon, really? The hit on Courturier was shoulder to shoulder as principal point of contact. Even your own announcers said so (something about the shoulder "saving" him).

C'mon, really? The hit on Courturier was shoulder to shoulder as principal point of contact. Even your own announcers said so (something about the shoulder "saving" him).

Watch it again. Don't care what the announcers said. I wouldn't say anything about the pens being dirtyeither, because the league likes fining those who do. And I guess the grossmann concussion was from a shoulder on shoulder clean hit. And I guess Malkin did not have time to stop before running into Bryz. Alot of players from all teams get away with dives trips, slashes, and other penalties, but I have never see so many head shots (and attempted head shots, see giroux couple months agogo uncalled. Well maybe Weber. Only pens fans can't see the crap he pulls.

People, seriously... Stop bitching about officiating. This is beyond embarrassing. There were questionable calls both ways... And in case nobody notices, we had 4 PPs, while the Pens had 3. Where is this perceived bias?

But let's be candid for a second. We are in a situation we are in right now because a) we have horrid defense and B) we have no goaltending. And on top of that, the Pens were playing a perfect 3rd period in terms of shuttig the Flyers down.

We have the worst goaltending of all the 16 teams in the playoffs. Bar none. The idea was that he would be winning us games in the playoffs. Guess what? Not only he is not winning games. He is losing games - all by himslef, almost.

Enough already with blaming refs. The Flyers have their own mess they need to clean up if they want to avoid a choke of an epic proportion and send their fans to the summer feeling betrayed.

Edited by Mad Dog

Not talking about your typical run of the mill penalties. I'm talking about malkins targeting the head hits that go uncalled. It has nothing to do with the refs ******* over the flyers and everything to do with the league turning their heads when it comes to certain players and head shots.

Watch it again. Don't care what the announcers said. I wouldn't say anything about the pens being dirtyeither, because the league likes fining those who do. And I guess the grossmann concussion was from a shoulder on shoulder clean hit. And I guess Malkin did not have time to stop before running into Bryz. Alot of players from all teams get away with dives trips, slashes, and other penalties, but I have never see so many head shots (and attempted head shots, see giroux couple months agogo uncalled. Well maybe Weber. Only pens fans can't see the crap he pulls.

Of course you don't care what the announcers say. They are only relevant when they help your argument.

I've watched it over and over. Shoulder to shoulder. Principal point of contact.

CSN clip...

NBC clip...

And if you want to talk running into goalies, watch the 3rd period again and see how many times the Flyers made a little extra contact with Fleury trying to rattle him...and I am not talking about the Orpik/JVR incident either.

Two more examples of "no big deal if we do it" but "Pens are dirty/cheap/league darlings" if they do it.