Jagr, Suter, and more

Guest toughbrotherlylove

Just thought I would share this info that I just read from @HockeyyInsiderr on twitter:

"#Flyers an Jagr have a VERBAL AGREEMENT in place. 1 year extension #DONE. Salary agreed upon, still discussing bonuses, announced next week."

"MORE on #Flyers: Talks with #Preds for Suter seem to NOT be going well. Reason? From source close to Suter: He does NOT want to play in PHI!"

"PRONGER update/ #Flyers trying to downplay it, but Prongers status is VERY BAD as of right now. Career in jeopardy. Long recovery road."

"To offset this major problem, #Flyers trying HARD to land #1 d-man (Suter/Enstrom main targets); also AGREED to extension on Carle #OFFICIAL"

"Carle and Jagr resignings should be announced sometime next week. #Flyers"

Ok fans, what do you make of all this news?

follow me on Twitter: @EbbonDerr

Check my blog daily: www.toughbrotherlylove.squarespace.com

"To offset this major problem, #Flyers trying HARD to land #1 d-man (Suter/Enstrom main targets); also AGREED to extension on Carle #OFFICIAL"

SO they have Timonen, Meszaros, Grossmann, Coburn, Carle and Lilja under contract and are still supposed to have room for Suter?

Enstrom, of course, is under contract with the Jets.

Curios about terms with Jagr/Carle. Flyers have about $7M in cap space before Pronger, $12M after...

Curios about terms with Jagr/Carle. Flyers have about $7M in cap space before Pronger, $12M after...

The cap ceiling for the summer was increased to $70.3 million. Leaves Flyers roughly $9.1 mill without prongs on LTIR, and obviously before Carle and Jagrs extensions go through. So the Flyers in actuality could even acquire Webers rights and have more than enough to sign him long term, not that it is going to happen though.

Edited by toughbrotherlylove

I know the Flyers have to put a different face on it for a variety of reasons, but his career has obviously been over for months now. I think we all hope Pronger can just get back a normal life, nevermind hockey.

If Suter strongly doesn't want to come to Philly, wonder what his reasons are? Too much spotlight here, us a*shole fans?

I know the Flyers have to put a different face on it for a variety of reasons, but his career has obviously been over for months now. I think we all hope Pronger can just get back a normal life, nevermind hockey.

If Suter strongly doesn't want to come to Philly, wonder what his reasons are? Too much spotlight here, us a*shole fans?

I wonder as well. Maybe the way the media and fans treated Bryz?

If we paid Carle $5.5 million/year, and gave him a NTC/NMC, I am personally driving to the Jersey shore and pushing Homer off his bike.

That's what he'd pull on the open market, the down low , wink wink nudge nudge , has been saying we've got him for below market value. So taking all these bloggers at their word, you'll save the gas money...I agree though 5.5 is too much money for his skill set and game.

I wonder as well. Maybe the way the media and fans treated Bryz?

I can see that playing into it. Also, even though Carter was not my favorite player, the fact that the Flyers gave him a long term deal then shipped him out (Richie too but not as quickly) was kinda raw and could scare players away

@sarsippius I was thinking the same thing, maybe the fact they would wheel and deal anybody is a turn off.....but, the more I thought about it...the more I concluded it was more of a player agent blunder than a Flyer management problem. That loophole (in both cases) should never have existed. I'd be saying, you want my guy for long term...show you're serious and NMC from day one. Regardless...that is exactly the position Suter will be in, he wlll ask for and recieve an immediate and permanent NMC, so I don't think that part will come into play....gotta be something else.

@jammer2

Fair point on the lack of NMC.

He's played his whole career in Nashville, which seems to be a kinda rah rah college type atmosphere, as opposed to Philly where....well you know. The scrutiny must be as tough in a hockey town like Detroit though, and I have a feeling that's where he will end up.

Maybe he just doesn't like cheesesteaks?

Posted · Hidden by sarsippius, June 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by sarsippius, June 9, 2012 - No reason given

@jammer2

Fair point on the lack of NMC.

He's played his whole career in Nashville, which seems to be a kinda rah rah college type atmosphere, as opposed to Philly where....well you know. The scrutiny must be as tough in a hockey town like Detroit though, and I have a feeling that's where he will end up.

Maybe he just doesn't like cheesesteaks?

1) Just thought I would share this info that I just read from @HockeyyInsiderr on twitter:

blah blah blah

2) follow me on Twitter: @EbbonDerr

Check my blog daily: www.toughbrotherlylove.squarespace.com

blah blah blah

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, just to understand YOUR blog, You referenced someone elses blog and interjected zero to what the other blogger had to say. Then after posting the OTHER bloggers load of crap, you closed it with if we want to follow you on twitter or your daily blog????

What a load of crap- all the way around. Why in the world would any of us want that??

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The blogger tolerance on this board has exceeded applebees, halibut and kuato.

That loophole (in both cases) should never have existed. I'd be saying, you want my guy for long term...show you're serious and NMC from day one

Hey Jammer,

I could be wrong, but I believe the delay in Richards/Carter's NMC's kicking in was CBA driven. By CBA rule, I don't think it could kick in until a certain age. I want to say when they reached UFA eligible age-maybe 27-? I remember thinking the same thing that their agents screwed up, and someone on here told me about the CBA rule.

Hey Jammer,

I could be wrong, but I believe the delay in Richards/Carter's NMC's kicking in was CBA driven. By CBA rule, I don't think it could kick in until a certain age. I want to say when they reached UFA eligible age-maybe 27-? I remember thinking the same thing that their agents screwed up, and someone on here told me about the CBA rule.

Richards was in that position. Crater's contract with the NMC had not started yet (it was due to start July 1).

I was all in favour of cutting ties with Carle and making this team tougher to play against. If we overpaid I will throw up....literally.

I was all in favour of cutting ties with Carle and making this team tougher to play against. If we overpaid I will throw up....literally.

i think i just did :P