Carle to get 5mill a year

Guest orange_crush

if you were Carle wouldn't you test the market? he would be crazy not to..

not if he likes where he is and his teammates and thinks he can win a title , a quarter of a million dollars when you're happy isn't going to change your mind

Home team/town discount..happens ALL the time.

Hell, look at Coburn...could have gotten more on the market, decided to stay where he likes it. If Carle really wants to stay in Philly, he will sign for a contract between 4 and 5 million/year, and probably get some kind of modified/limited NTC. A bit below what he could get on the open market.

Home team/town discount..happens ALL the time.

Hell, look at Coburn...could have gotten more on the market, decided to stay where he likes it. If Carle really wants to stay in Philly, he will sign for a contract between 4 and 5 million/year, and probably get some kind of modified/limited NTC. A bit below what he could get on the open market.

I actually think the Flyers overpaid for Coburn...

Coburn played/plays top pair for the Flyers at times, and plays the shut-down roll for them. If anything, give the open market discussion..they underpaid for him.

I get people don't like Carle or Coburn...but if we are going to argue market value..Coburn is right there, if not a bit low for the market. We'll see what happens with Carle.

I actually think the Flyers overpaid for Coburn...

then you're the only one in the Known Hockey Universe who thinks so.

FYI, Coburn's salary is at least a million $$ less per season than he'd be offered were he UFA this summer.

It was funny to read the haters back when Coburn was up for renewal. Some of you guys were saying he wouldn't get more than $3.75, either because you were ignorant of his value or maybe you just didn't like him. I don't know if you were in either category - then or now - but to say "the Flyers overpaid for Coburn" suggests you probably belong to both camps.

As far as Wideman's contract dictating what Carle will get...Unless you have info on other offers Wideman was looking at, we don't know what Wideman's "market value" is we only know what Calgary was willing to pay. If (when) Carle signs for the Flyers we won't know his market value either, we'll only know what his value to the Flyers is...unless of course information is made public about other offers he got before he signed with Philly.

Anyway... $5.25 for Wideman, about the same for Carle... sounds about right.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399374

So Wideman just signed a 5yr 26 mill contract scoring 46 points last year

Carle score 38 points last year and played all 82 games including playoffs...look for him to get 5 mill a year on the market...

he's good as gone

Well, sometimes teams overpay their players ( did someone say bryz?!) Wideman got a good contract, that doesnt mean Carle is.

Don't forget, Wideman at 5.25 is still a lower cap hit than Bowmeester who the Flames are looking to trade. That may be inflated due to the fact that Calgary wanted to move JBow. Maybe they wanted to move JBow so badly that they traded for Wideman and overpaid for him a little.

That could mean Carle isn't necessarily entitled to more than 5 mil. If that is what he is looking for he won't get it in Philly.

That said, I saw rumors that stated if the Preds lose Suter it may make Weber fed up and wanting out of Nashville. Why not wait for those dominoes to fall and be there to sweep up Weber when he either wants to be traded or becomes a UFA.

I don't hate Carle but I also don't know that he is worth a $5M cap hit. I feel that given time one of the younger defensemen like MAB could fill his role for far less. I think I'd be ok with Carle at $3.5M-$4M (max) but anything above that is a diminishing return.

I don't hate Carle but I also don't know that he is worth a $5M cap hit. I feel that given time one of the younger defensemen like MAB could fill his role for far less. I think I'd be ok with Carle at $3.5M-$4M (max) but anything above that is a diminishing return.

Wisneski got over 5 mill last year also for Columbus..this is the new going rate for a puckmoving dman

@orange_crush

Lol, I meant it in the nice possible way, of course. If everyone listened to you, they would, by definition, agree with you, right? That would be boring as hell. There's only one OC, just like there's only one Podein25. And thank Christ for that.

• Like 1