Why do all the writers act like Hartnell is as good as gone?

Guest RonJeremy

before I got to the end of your question, I was taking that to mean that you were asking if Timo was going to be able to MAKE it through the entire season or will he end up injured. The wear and tear this guy has taken just playing for the Flyers alone is enough to give me pause when thinking about a new deal. I love the player and his style, it's just tough to think future when we've literally watched him erode before our eyes. still a quality player though and I'd absolutely take him at a reduced salary for his next deal. Experience alone is enough to keep him around and I could live him playing a smaller role as long as the pay was appropriate... would he take it though?

Without a doubt i expect him to be injured at the end of the season heading into the playoffs it almost to me goes without question.

You can't play his type of game sacrificing his body like he does and not.

But i would like to see them extend him before they even speculate about weather they should or shouldn't trade him...HE IS A FLYER and represents everything they stand for so i would like a hero farewell for him when and only when it's time...he still has 2-3 years left i believe.

And don't forget we sent you Recchi for Tocchet... A trade I really hated when it happened!

good points on stevens. I forgot about him.

On recchi- he was very one dimensional when we got him from pitt. I liked the post Canadien version of him better than the post Pitts version of him.

that's just my usual response whenever i hear of something strange being consumed and then having the experience being compared to consuming chicken.

I don't mind people eating something that is indiginous to their environment as part of their available food source. But when it becomes a delacacy and THAT is the only reason to eat it, it agitages me. But it is very subjective. I love eating sushi and while fish is a natural food source, some might say it is a delicacy. BTW- Unagi (fresh water eel) tastes allot like chicken.

Edited by Vanflyer

Not to derail the topic, but.....

I was flattening some chicken breasts with a meat hammer. One of my sons called. My wife had to raise her voice over my hammering. My son asked what was making all the noise.

My wife says "It's your father, pounding his meat.".

Hahahaha, that's fantastic!

Well, what was the final dish? Might as well share something besides a halibut recipie.

Sorry i know this may not be the popular choice but this is what i'd prefer i have ennjoyed both of them in a Flyers uniform and would love for them to retire Flyers...like i said just my opinion...also they will make the playoffs just to much talent on this team to miss...but how far i will not venture to guess...

I think that's sound logic. And, regardless of how hurt Timonen is, he always gives his all without uttering a simple "ow". He is welcome to stay as long as he chooses, especially if he signs closer to 4m NMC.

Well, what was the final dish? Might as well share something besides a halibut recipie.

As long as there was no mayonaise or special sauce added to the final dish.

Edited by Vanflyer

I think that's sound logic. And, regardless of how hurt Timonen is, he always gives his all without uttering a simple "ow". He is welcome to stay as long as he chooses, especially if he signs closer to 4m NMC.

I like your thinking.

And since Coby has resign for a hometown discount(at least i believe he did) i believe Kimmo will.

This is home away from Finland...

...he'd rather stay and try to win one here verse starting over again on a new team.

He's smart despite his size and tough as nails.

@Vanflyer

The "Recchi'n Ball" was beloved here for his physical, hard nose, crash the net and score style. That's what he had to be here with Lemieux and Stevens. When you got him you guys just didn't have anybody he could compliment the same way. I think it was then he had to change his game.

Without a doubt i expect him to be injured at the end of the season heading into the playoffs it almost to me goes without question.

You can't play his type of game sacrificing his body like he does and not.

But i would like to see them extend him before they even speculate about weather they should or shouldn't trade him...HE IS A FLYER and represents everything they stand for so i would like a hero farewell for him when and only when it's time...he still has 2-3 years left i believe.

I too wouldn't mind seeing him ride off into the sunset a Flyer. How many quality players actually get to end their careers here on a high note?

I'd love to see a deal with reduced money and a reduced role. Try to get his TOI down and try to use him more in specialized situations and save the regular minutes for developing the young guys. Having a player like him around, even in his degraded state could be beneficial both from a hockey stand point and a player development stand point. Has to be paid accordingly though and hopefully he'll take a smaller contract!

BTW- Unagi (fresh water eel) tastes allot like chicken.

haha, I'll have to take your word for it. I can't even imagine putting that creature in my mouth let alone imagine what it tastes like ;)

I do love me some shellfish though. Crab, clam, mussel, lobster... that's what I enjoy coming from underwater.

haha, I'll have to take your word for it. I can't even imagine putting that creature in my mouth let alone imagine what it tastes like ;)

I do love me some shellfish though. Crab, clam, mussel, lobster... that's what I enjoy coming from underwater.

I've said this many times, but I wanna meet the guy who first looked at an Octopus and said "yeah, fry some of that up for me!"

Unagi (cooked) is awesome. The sushi place I go to more often than my wallet would prefer has some awesome eel sauce to go with it. It's not a scary flavor at all.

Avoid Uni like the plague though. I can't even begin to explain how vile that tastes (to me).

It was probably a very, VERY hungry guy. Funny how necessity has spawned the gourmet palette .

I've said this many times, but I wanna meet the guy who first looked at an Octopus and said "yeah, fry some of that up for me!"

I have tried octopus. Its okay if you like chewing on vulcanized rubber. Calamari (squid) on the other hand is quite delicious- especially if you get it done in a fine Italian restaraunt.

• Like 1

You would actually be quite surprised. fresh water eel and sea eel are both very good. Fresh water is a bit fattier (perhaps call it duck vs. chicken) and sea is drier and much more white meat.

I have tried some pretty wild Japanese foods. Not like that zimmerman dude, but still pretty crazy. Most were pretty good.

Edited by Vanflyer

I have tried octopus. Its okay if you like chewing on vulcanized rubber. Calamari (squid) on the other hand is quite delicious- especially if you get it done in a fine Italian restaraunt.

Mmmmm Italian calamari. Good steamed or fried.

Mmmmm Italian calamari. Good steamed or fried.

The best I have had is sauteed. A place in Union NJ. One of those places you look at from the outside and go "really?" and then walk in the inside and go "really?" and then the waiter / waitress hands you the wine / drink menu first and tells you which appetizers would go well with which wines, etc.

The best I have had is sauteed. A place in Union NJ. One of those places you look at from the outside and go "really?" and then walk in the inside and go "really?" and then the waiter / waitress hands you the wine / drink menu first and tells you which appetizers would go well with which wines, etc.

I know exactly what you mean, I have one place like that near me as well.