FLYERS SIGN WEBER TO MASSIVE OFFER SHEET

Guest jkearse123

Just saw it on twitter. Had to look twice. Wow didn't think they would do it. Still think the Preds match it.

I hope he doesn't, but there's really no reason Nashville shouldn't match.

I'd throw Voracek their way if that would change their mind

• Like 1

Let's not get too excited just yet...although its pretty effing hard not to.

It's obvious the Flyers won't to move some assets and to me one or few i believe aren't even signed yet...and they are all in...forcing Poile's hand.

Let's not get too excited just yet...although its pretty effing hard not to.

I read this on HFboards, but this is a win-win for us

"As has been stated, we either get Weber our we prevent any rivals from getting him. This is actually a brilliant move. Plus, since we tend to do well every year, maybe some of those picks will mean less (and Homer then cannot trade our 2nds!!!)"

• Like 3

my jaw has dropped. i get a text from my cousin waking my butt up and holy mama jam ma. i see it this way Weber get a match from preds he can say no and hold out. if i am Weber i look at the preds say hey you let suter walk and makes me think about the you the preds willingness to win.

Edited by FlyersFan4Life

If Nashville doesn't match this turns the Flyers D from a point of concern to easily one of the top 3 defensive groups in the NHL.

Does this officially make the Flyers Nashville east if they land him?

Only if we are swapping Bryz for Rhinne then i'm ok with calling us Predator East!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

• Like 1

Dustin Leed@D_LEED

Considering Nashville was going through trade scenarios, I wonder if Holmgren thought "Us, or Nashville" and worked out offer sheet...

Dustin Leed@D_LEED

So much goes into these situations it makes them really intriguing. It also means, the Preds were LIKELY shopping Weber /entertaining offers

The Flyers might have made an offer Nashville will have trouble matching. If that's the case, look for Nashville, and the league, to be very pissed about the rich team picking on the poor team and putting a lot of pressure on the Flyers to take back the picks and give roster players. I'd like to see the Flyers say no to that, especially since the Preds are sure to want Cooter, Simmonds, Voracek and what have you; in short, a package worth way more than 4 late first round picks. No thanks to that.

• Like 4

Upon further reflection and light reading.....could the Preds match & trade?

no if the preds match they cannot trade him for 365 days. If he gets traded after this season and does not want to be a pred for life, basically the preds will would have to pay him 25million for one last season as a pred

Truely amazing. Never a dull day in Flyer Land. According to reports:

The report also states that the

Flyers

have waited past "several deadlines" as the Predators have attempted to trade Weber. Several teams were reportedly in on those trades, but as Dreger reports, "

the Flyers grew tired of waiting

."

That's sort of bad ass, isn't it? Homer has simply forced the hand of Preds general manager David Poile. He now has seven days to match the offer. If Nashville chooses not to match?

Well, then the Flyers would then have Weber, and they would have to give up draft picks.

Depending on the exact figures, the cap hit might be under $6,728,781 (which typically means a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick) or between $6,728,781 and $8,410,976 (which typically means two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd). However, this is misleading; the compensation for long deals is not based on cap hit, but on one-fifth of the total value of the contract. For a package of over $100 million, that means it would be treated as a $20 million/year offer, which is obviously in the top group and would cost the Flyers their first round pick in each of the next four years. Hopefully everyone involved realized this.

Here are the compensation ranges:

• $1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
  • Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
  • Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
  • Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
  • Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
  • Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
  • Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks

I fully expect Nashville to match the offersheet. What a disaster for their Franchise if they don't!

I was ecstatic when I saw the report but rapidly downgraded to cautiosly optimistic. This will be an agonizing 7 days waiting to see if the Preds will match. If we get Weber it does mean a couple things. I think that it almost 100% means that Pronger will be done (although I salivate with the vision of a healthy Pronger and Weber on the blueline)

I don't recall all the rules associated with RFA Offers but is it possible that the Predators could decline to match the offer and trade Weber to the Flyers in exchange for roster players? If that is the case I almost wonder now if that means the Schenn brothers would go to Nashville?

Ya I was excited for about five minutes, but then I realized Poile has to match this.

Yep. They have to have the money. I just think Holmgren didn't want Weber to go to anyone other team.

• Like 1