YOU F*CKING SUCK, BRYZ!

Guest bernardmarcel1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. I have been willing to give the benefit of doubt, see him steal a game or maybe at least a few by now. That unbeaten streak saw Bryz decent, adequate at most. Clearly the team has bailed him out a bunch.

CO sliced & diced him in the SO, straight up. Can't blame any of those goals on bad deflections, poor coverage / backchecking, concussions, et al. That was flat out crummy goaltending at it's finest. I can't imagine Bob would be any worse at this point...?

Put all the blame on Bryz for the loss? Gigerre did not stop any shots in the SO. Read hit the cross bar. How many goals has Jagr scored since Giroux has been out? Score enough goals and you never get to OT let alone a SO . Plenty of blame to go around JMO.

I'm rarely a glass half full, trade 'em all, Debbie Downer type. With sports I *usually* strive to maintain objectivity - but his "performance" in the SO last night hit a nerve for some reason & sent me over the edge.

That was ******* embarrassing - the Flyers had all the momentum going into OT after scoring that tying goal. Sweet SO goals by Danny B & JVR, Read had Giggy beat. Not one freaking save!!!???

Seriously. I have been willing to give the benefit of doubt, see him steal a game or maybe at least a few by now. That unbeaten streak saw Bryz decent, adequate at most. Clearly the team has bailed him out a bunch.

CO sliced & diced him in the SO, straight up. Can't blame any of those goals on bad deflections, poor coverage / backchecking, concussions, et al. That was flat out crummy goaltending at it's finest. I can't imagine Bob would be any worse at this point...?

He was way too deep in the SO. I thought the second goal was stoppable as well. Other than that he was average. He's stealing the money Snider and Comcast are paying him right now.

@Phlyer1 - Giggy isn't making the kind of insane $$$ Bryz is either. I bet he's counting his blessings he's still suiting up for an NHL team anymore. Not trying to compare them anyway.

Yeah, Jagr, well do you think that with all the injuries now teams have a much simpler objective - to shut him down? All the success the Flyers have had over the last several weeks has a ton to do with Lavy being able to roll out 4 solid lines.

Which is my whole point - there are injuries now, so the new "Franchise Goalie" needs to stand tall, put the team on his back a little bit when the goals aren't coming as easily with G out, Coots, etc.

Epic fail last night, IMHO, sorry. I wanna be happy with the point on the road & all, but can't seem to get over being pissed at Bryz right now for some reason.

You make all good points. I was trying to say He did not lose the game all by himself. it was a team effort.No doubt injuries are the biggest reasons things are not going well. Time heals all wounds. We can only hope.

Having said all that Bryz needs to do a better job and he needs to start with concentration for 60 minutes.

1.95/.926 is an indication of lack of focus? of concentration?

There are times that it's quite legitimate to criticize a goalie. After a night of 1.95/.926 with the tying goal coming off two own-skates is NOT the legitimate time.

I blame Bettman for the SO loss, not Bryz. So he looks slow and it's 2 ga on the road; he's not focused, but has given up 2 or less in 11 of his last 16 starts. He hasn't stolen a game, but is 8-1-2(?) on the road this season all while his inner Denkuveddymuch has just snagged 2/3 from the Pens/Caps/B's. It's ok till May.

@ brelic, re:

GET LALIME!

Thanks for the laugh - and reminding me how seemingly talented / promising goalies can flame out pretty hard...Remember when the Flyers ran into a wall of Lalime in '02?? Ugh.

"In the playoffs, the Sens faced off with the Philadelphia Flyers and were heavy underdogs, however, Lalime was unbeatable, as he allowed only two goals as Ottawa defeated the Flyers in five games. His GAA for the series was 0.40, and he had a .985 save percentage."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Lalime