NHL’s four-conference realignment

Guest hf101

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new possible arrangement?

So, my wife barely follows any hockey. She knows some of the players' names in passing, but after a handful, she's clueless. She asks me out of nowhere last night, "Have you ever heard of a hockey team in Columbus? The Blue Jackets?" I said, "There's a team. I'm not sure it's hockey." She asks, "What the #### kind of name is 'Blue Jackets?'"

I really couldn't answer.

@ruxpin

So, my wife barely follows any hockey. She knows some of the players' names in passing, but after a handful, she's clueless. She asks me out of nowhere last night, "Have you ever heard of a hockey team in Columbus? The Blue Jackets?" I said, "There's a team. I'm not sure it's hockey." She asks, "What the #### kind of name is 'Blue Jackets?'"

I really couldn't answer.

They are termed blue jackets as in the union army. However my HS team name was ironically named "Blue Jackets" using an anchor / navy, sailor representation.

no different than a Senator really

Here's a crazy thought:

Instead of conferences, have two pools. Pool A have the strong teams, and Pool B have the weak teams. Top 15 teams from the previous year are in Pool A, bottom 15 are in Pool B. Divide each pool into 'divisions' if it makes you feel better.

Playoffs have a combination of winning your pool and crossing over.

No one would ever go for this, but you would have infinitely better hockey.

Let cheap and crappy teams have the shame of being in Pool B.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm tired of watching substandard hockey for the *majority* of the time. Yes, the majority.

That Pens-Flyers game is what games should be like all the time. Not the snoozefests against the Islanders or Panthers.

I love it!

Yes, I will miss the Hawks, one of the greatest rivalries in the game, but getting back in the East with the Habs, Leafs and Bruins will be amazing. Soooooo tired of staying up all the friggin time watching the Wings play on the west coast has gotten real old.

• Like 1

@WingNut722 Maybe they can figure out a way for the Hawks and Wings to play a bit more, maybe have a year where they only play another team from the West once....so they get at least 3 Hawk games, would be a nice comprosime.

They will Jammer old pal when the Wings take on the Hawks next year for the cup, lol.
  • Like 1

Just a little sidebar note here, Bob is now a direct division rival. This sets us up for a straight decade of torture at the hands of young Bob.....you just know he will shut us out many, many, many times and will be a collective pain in the rear, that's just how these trades end up for us. I wonder if eventually having Bob as a divison rival ever even came into Homer's line of thinking....doubt it.

Just one more little sidebar, Jeff frigg'in Carter with 17 goals??! AND goals in 6 straight?!?!? That is some crazy s**t.

• Like 2

@yave1964 Absolutely! I'm thinking Amtrak is going to get a LOT of money out of me going back and forth to Boston all the time! A GREAT place to watch a hockey game!

I took Amtrak down to Boston on Saturday for the Flyers game. Nice knowing you don't have to drive right after the game...

I took Amtrak down to Boston on Saturday for the Flyers game. Nice knowing you don't have to drive right after the game...

Bar scene was great too. Great food and cold beer, and good fans too! Great conversation before and after the game

Too bad they couldn't keep things easy and swap Winterpeg with Nashville. Done, and makes geographical sense for the Eastern Conference.

Maybe further swap the Jets with the Wild to make sense of the West.

Oh well.