The official Jones'in for Jones update thread!

jammer2

Thought it would be nice and neat to have our daily draft position updates all combined into one thread....this is *quite* exciting, with all the world class talent available....this could my most exciting Flyer draft ever!!

It is now official, the Panthers have beat the Sabres in a thrilling 4 round shoot out!! That leaves the Flyers tied for 3rd last in the league, behind the Panthers, Aves and tied with the Bolts. Panthers with the win, climbed to 26 pts, a meager 3 pts worse than the Flyers.....WE CAN DO THIS!!!

The Aves can go from 26 pts to 28 pts with a win in Vancouver, it's currently 0-0 with 5 mins left in the first.

@Vincent05

I was piss as hell when I saw the flyers tied the game with under a minute remaining. Can't believe we rooting for them to lose.

It does feel kinda weird, Flyer fans are not in this position very often. Imagine the pain the Leafs fans endured cheering for their team to lose and every single year they would produce an ill advied March and or April winning streak to put them in the middle of the pack??

I was piss as hell when I saw the flyers tied the game with under a minute remaining. Can't believe we rooting for them to lose.

You and me both. I knew though that Bryz and our lousy shooters would bail us out in the shootout and make sure we didnt get that second point. I was almost pissed at Giroux for that sick move in the shootout but it was hard to be mad at him as it was pretty cool.

• Like 2

you should have seen us last night in the game chat! I could not believe we all cheered when Bryz let in the game winner for the Isle in the SO. (although Roo move was sick!)

Shameful is right! But, hey, someone has to be the worst team, and it's not easy!

On this mock draft page, Flyers ended up taking Nichushkin at #5 (I think I'll puke if Tampa ends up with MacKinnon). You know, if we end up picking 5th, I think we take Nurse.

I found this too on the lottery weighting system...

NEW YORK, NY -- The 2013 NHL Draft Lottery, to be held this year on Monday, April 29, will be the first in NHL history where all 14 clubs not qualifying for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, or the clubs that have acquired the first-round drafting positions of those non-playoff clubs, will have a chance at winning the right to the first overall selection. Under the previous lottery system, only the five teams with the fewest points in the standings had the opportunity to win the first overall selection as rules dictated no team could move up more than four spots.

The NHL Draft Lottery is a weighted system to determine the order of selection for the first 14 picks of the 2013 NHL Draft. Teams finishing with the fewest points during the regular season possess the greatest chance of winning the right to the first pick in the NHL Draft. Fourteen balls, numbered 1 to 14, are placed in a lottery machine. The machine expels four balls, forming a series of numbers. The four-digit series resulting from the expulsion of the balls is matched against a probability chart that divides the possible combinations among the 14 participating clubs.

While the top pick can now go to any of the 14 non-playoff clubs, or the team owning the rights to the first pick of a non-playoff club, the odds of winning the lottery are unchanged from previous years. The teams in the drawing are ranked in inverse order of their regular season point totals, with team one being the club with the fewest points, and team 14 being the club with the most points among those outside of the playoffs.

The likelihood of each team gaining the right to the first pick is as follows:

Team 1 25.0%

Team 2 18.8%

Team 3 14.2%

Team 4 10.7%

Team 5 8.1%

Team 6 6.2%

Team 7 4.7%

Team 8 3.6%

Team 9 2.7%

Team 10 2.1%

Team 11 1.5%

Team 12 1.1%

Team 13 0.8%

Team 14 0.5%

No club will move down more than one position as a result of the Draft Lottery. The remaining first round drafting positions are determined by the results of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Shameful is right! But, hey, someone has to be the worst team, and it's not easy!

On this mock draft page, Flyers ended up taking Nichushkin at #5 (I think I'll puke if Tampa ends up with MacKinnon). You know, if we end up picking 5th, I think we take Nurse.

I found this too on the lottery weighting system...

Ya right. He's signed for 2 years in the K. Like Flyers brass would have that kind of patience.

@Vincent05

It does feel kinda weird, Flyer fans are not in this position very often. Imagine the pain the Leafs fans endured cheering for their team to lose and every single year they would produce an ill advied March and or April winning streak to put them in the middle of the pack??

Any pain endured by a Leafs fan is totally justified

Wow, the Flyers are doing themselves no favours with the current streak of 3 out of a possible 4 pts in their last 2 games. As it stands right now.....

1st pick = Panthers 26 pts (actually tied with the Aves, but have played 2 more games 35-33, so I gave them the nod)

2nd pick= Aves 26 pts

3rd pick= Flames 30 pts

4th pick= Flyers 31 pts They are now in a 4 way tie for 4th, due to our untimely win against the Bruins....BOOOOOOOO!!!

5th pick= Sabres 31 pts

6th pick= Lightning 31 pts

7th pick= Capitals 31 pts, but have played 1 less game than Flyers, Sabres and Lightning, so I gave them 7th, more oppurtunity for pts

8th pick=Hurricanes 32 pts

9th pick= Oilers 33 pts

10th pick=Coyotes 33 pts, but have played one more game than the Oilers, so they get #10 (33 games to 34 for Oilers)

12th pick=Predators 34 pts

13th pick=Islanders 35 pts

14th pick= Stars 35 pts

15th pick= Blue Jackets 35 pts

Teams we need to cheer for tonight.....2 teams tied with us play each other, the Sabres vs the Capitals.....a OT or shoot out win by one of them would leave us in 4th tied with the Bolts who are idle tonight...*if* Carolina's 3-1 lead holds up (late in the 3rd as I type), that would swing them up from 6th to 9th...approx.

Islanders are tied with the Rangers for the last playoff spot in the East, but the Rangers have played 2 less games.

St.Lous is 1 pt up on the Jackets and Stars for the last playoff spot in the West.....tight races, real tight.

Flyers can potentially leap frog 4 different teams should they win their next game, effectively taking them out of the top 5.....should they win...this SUCKS......these tools are winning at the WRONG TIME!!!

Calgary is locked into 3rd right now, they are idle for the next few days....

BIG game for the Flyers tomorrow, as they play the Caps, who we are currently tied with, pending the results of tonights big Sabres vs Caps match-up..

Every point we get right now takes us further away from a franchise player in the top 5.....this is SICKENING....just lose outl....PLEASE!!!!!

Just to show you how tight it is right now, if the Flyers had lost to the Bruins and the Panthers and Aves win today, we would have been just *1* pt out of last overall.......WTF!!!????!!!

I will update these standings after the games finish tonight!

Edited by jammer2

Thought it would be nice and neat to have our daily draft position updates all combined into one thread....this is *quite* exciting, with all the world class talent available....this could my most exciting Flyer draft ever!!

It is now official, the Panthers have beat the Sabres in a thrilling 4 round shoot out!! That leaves the Flyers tied for 3rd last in the league, behind the Panthers, Aves and tied with the Bolts. Panthers with the win, climbed to 26 pts, a meager 3 pts worse than the Flyers.....WE CAN DO THIS!!!

The Aves can go from 26 pts to 28 pts with a win in Vancouver, it's currently 0-0 with 5 mins left in the first.

Apparently the Fylers did not get the memo tonite.

We have now won 2 in a row Jones is slipping away!!!

I actually think that starting with the last game against NJ (the one the Flyers won) they've been playing a better (or at least different) brand of hockey. They're more careful in their own end, forwards are getting back in the zone and giving the D more outlet options. They're being more deliberate getting the puck up the ice and there is less run and gun. They've really cut back on those backbreaking turnovers deep in their own end. I can see them winning more games before the season ends. If they continue to play like this I doubt they will be betting a top 5 pick. Playoffs are still a longshot, but they could end up drafting between 5-10 or even lower. Would not surprise me. The D is still patchwork to put it mildly, and every game will be tough to win, so who knows.

Edited by JackStraw

@JackStraw The part that gets me is, the Flyers are winning, but it's not the right way. They are all comebacks after being outplayed (in general). That kinda stuff does not fly in the playoffs, teams close out those 4-2 leads. Plus, you have the Bryz factor....I just wanna lose....lol.

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks, I was to pissed at the winning to continue this on a dailly basis, now that we are back to our senses and are losing adequatly, it's time to start looking at this race for last with renewed vigor.

1st pick....Florida Panthers but the lead is precarious 32 pts

2nd pick...Calgary Flames, breaking ties by least amount of games played 34 pts

3rd pick...Colorado Avelanche 34 pts

4th pick...Carolina Hurricanes 36 pts

5th pick...Philadelphia Flyers 37 pts....keep up the good work!

6th pick...Tampa Bay Lightning 37 pts, played 41 games, just like the Flyers

7th pick...Nashville Predators 38 pts

8th pick...Edmonton Oilers 39 pts

9th pick...Buffalo Sabres 40 pts

10th pick.New Jersey Devils 40 pts

11th pick Winnipeg Jets 44 pts

12th pick Detroit Red Wings 45 pts, wow is it weird to see them on this list!

13th pick Columbus Blue Jackets 45 pts, tied with the Dallas Stars and Wings with 45 pts for last playoff spot, Bob can still be the MVP of the playoffs! LOL!

Race is starting to tighten up, for instance, it's now virtually impossible for the Wings and Blue Jackets to get a top 3 pick, could not say that about seeds 12 and 13 a few weeks ago.

We are right on the cusp of something special here, a true superstar in the top 3 picks sways in the balance...that and 3 measley pts and a few ping pong balls.....ha ha!

We can *do* this!!!